Yeek! Pitty lights!

Postby TMLutas on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:36 pm

MikeVanPelt wrote:
Catherine_Puce wrote:And for the blue blooded it was a reality. There was so much inbreeding among the noble familly that genetic sickness started to be common. At the end of the feudal period, most noblemans was cursed of familly illness.

As Londo Molari said, "When the family tree becomes a familly bush, you can't hide as much under it."

The Catholic Church experimented with marriage rules that barred intermarriages out to 4th cousin. I'm guessing it helped a bit but ennobling more commoners would have helped more.
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby UncleMonty on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:23 pm

Tom Mazanec wrote:I was referring to the idea that all the livestock had been taxed by the local lord in the original post on the thread.

I am well aware of that. You created your new side-tangent starting from my own comment.
The primary question was "Why are the farm animals all gone in this comic?" Not "A study of comparative taxation in known real civilizations vs this imaginary one."
But, too late now. This thread is no longer anywhere near being "on-topic".
Avoid those who speak badly of the people, for such wish to rule over you.
UncleMonty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:50 am

"I thought that was what we were talking about in "That's helpful". Of course, that WAS a rather "full" strip. OK, anyway, my bad.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to NPC