Thats helpfull

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:00 pm

I can think of three options:
1) This is a no livestock village, and "sleep with the cows" is just an idiomatic expression. Little strange for such a village to exist in Medieval society, and strange for it to have such an expression when people could tell what village you came from by your speech.
2) The livestock disappeared just before or after the invitation to sleep there. Strange for the farmer to have used such an expression after his cows had vanished, and there was no bedlam like you might expect from disappearing livestock after Quentyn arrived.
3) Ralph goofed. But his goofs are ignorance (like putting a couple moons upside down...quickly corrected) or from writing WAY in advance of a storyline (I think this is how Ennias Longscript's "mistake" about Silver Spring/Freeman Downs came about...I may be wrong, of course). It would be weird of him to make such a blunder right in the story arc.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Persephone_Kore on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:31 am

4. The family has one, lone, extremely unobtrusive cow.

;)
Persephone_Kore
Regular Poster

Postby RHJunior on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:07 am

it was a euphemism. Really. I mean it. Thought it out way ahead of time.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby Deckard Canine on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:27 am

Hm, I suppose a mafia might speak of someone "sleeping with the fishes" when they throw him into a body of water that has no fishes.

Did anyone else find it amusing that the city girl was the one to figure out what was weird about the farms?
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:05 am

Old habits die hard. The farmer has no cow, but he said that because he's used to having one.

It seems to me that their livestock vanished, and quite recently... whether they were witnesses to the event or not is another matter...
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:40 am

StrangeWulf13 wrote:Old habits die hard. The farmer has no cow, but he said that because he's used to having one.

It seems to me that their livestock vanished, and quite recently... whether they were witnesses to the event or not is another matter...

Well....at least they haven't given any consideration to the theory that Quentyn, being magical has had anything to do with it.......yet.

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby TMLutas on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:59 am

Catherine_Puce wrote:
TMLutas wrote:That horse left the barn long before Quentyn was born. They knew he had powers and he knew that they knew. Given that the lux field is supposed to be 1/10th what he's used to, I'm more concerned that he's draining his capabilities more than he might think.

I don't think so. It will not drain him more but it will take him more time to recuperate the lux. He will have to learn to think before use his lux trick nut expect that this should be good.

C'est pas comme si il aurait besoin d'utiliser sa magie sans arrêt.

S.P.P.

I was thinking more on the lines of the full lifecycle of lux usage (use, recharge) rather than just use so we're on the same page.
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 am

Interesting. Lux is a product of life. With no livestock in the area, the lux level may be lower.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Kerry Skydancer on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:51 pm

Sharuuk wrote:
StrangeWulf13 wrote:Old habits die hard. The farmer has no cow, but he said that because he's used to having one.

Well....at least they haven't given any consideration to the theory that Quentyn, being magical has had anything to do with it.......yet.

Şaaruuk

Which would indicate that they already know why. The Duke, maybe? Or raiders?
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jaydub on Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Kerry Skydancer wrote:
Which would indicate that they already know why. The Duke, maybe? Or raiders?

The Duke!!!! John Wayne would never rustle cattle. Now the Raiders that's a different story..... :lol:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to NPC