Thats helpfull

Thats helpfull

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:35 am

Q can come to my place for Turkey Day, make it easier to pass the food around.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:35 am

I once had a story of a whole family who had powers like that, needless to say, dinnertime was rather interresting.

and it looks like we may have the beginnings of another quest too!

yay! Quentyn's gonna get himself into trouble again! :D
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:35 am

I can't believe he just revealed his lux powers to them! :o

This was NOT a smart move.....at all!!!!

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dressari on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:50 am

Sharuuk wrote:I can't believe he just revealed his lux powers to them! :o

Şaaruuk

They already knew he had magical powers the mother of the family mentioned it they just didn't know what to expect or how he'd use it.

Cool trick though which I could do that when I want the salt.
Dressari

Postby The JAM on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:08 am

I guess old habits are hard to break, and he just HAD to use his "tractor beam" in front of them. This cannot turn out well...
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:38 am

He has really got to stop doing that! It will only turn out worse for him. Of course, the thing with the lack of large beats gives the creeps as well.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jaydub on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:44 am

I think he reinforced their respect and fear of him being able to place a curse on them. I don't think it hurt at all for him to reveal his LUX power.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:05 am

I can hardly wait for the next installment. Usually when Ralph puts up a mystery, I at least can make a guess (though it usually turns out to be wrong). But I don't know WHAT to think of this. Maybe the Duke confiscated all the livestock as taxes? But that would be stupid, even for a Medieval Lord, and surely such onerous payment would provoke rebellion, of which there is no sign.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Persephone_Kore on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:22 am

So... so far he's found one town that's totally empty, one where the citizens were really ticked off at Sam, and one where all the livestock is missing. He found out why they were mad at Sam, but didn't have time to observe a whole lot else, so that leaves at least two out of three with some sort of mystery....

Trouble or no trouble from the lux-lifting, the kidlet's reaction makes me giggle.
Persephone_Kore
Regular Poster

Postby TMLutas on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:41 am

Şaaruuk

That horse left the barn long before Quentyn was born. They knew he had powers and he knew that they knew. Given that the lux field is supposed to be 1/10th what he's used to, I'm more concerned that he's draining his capabilities more than he might think.
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:56 am

Yes, it probably was unwise (hardly a first for Quentyn) to give them an unwarned and unnecessary scare like that. On the other paw, at least his first use of lux before their eyes was of a harmless variety. If they ever see him use lux again, it won't be quite as scary.

The lack of animals could be a sign of a cover to some shady business, but for the whole town to be in on it is highly unlikely. I'd say either someone has stolen the mess of 'em, or the townsfolk had to commit a big sacrifice. Either way, they must be mostly vegetarian these days.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby RDB on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:25 am

Persephone_Kore wrote:So... so far he's found one town that's totally empty, one where the citizens were really ticked off at Sam,

Um, I thought that was just one town where everybody was out figuring out what to do with her?
and one where all the livestock is missing.

Then what's with the "share quarters with the cow"?
http://npc.comicgenesis.com/d/20061017.html

Ron
RDB
Regular Poster

Postby Wayfarer on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 am

You know, my only reaction to the lux-move was something along the lines of, "I love Marsha!"

Yay for cute little kids. :D

"Eee, pitty lights!" :D :D :D

As to the lack of animals, the first thing that comes to my mind is a scenario in which some sort of creature has been stealing them - you know, wolves, a dragon... :)
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:45 am

I used to think that the lights when something was levitated or whatever were manifestations of lux. But if Martha can see them, they must be visible to the mageblind (unless Martha is a mage!).
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby LoneWolf23k on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:53 pm

Wayfarer wrote:As to the lack of animals, the first thing that comes to my mind is a scenario in which some sort of creature has been stealing them - you know, wolves, a dragon... :)

me, I'm guessing it was the Duke...
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:48 pm

No, it was Professor Plum with the... never mind.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Persephone_Kore on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:23 pm

Oh, I forgot the first "two" were the same one. I started to mention the one where he found Sam, and then remembered the rather vivid image of the deserted place, without proceeding to the connection between. Oops.

But yes, the "share quarters with the cow" is an interesting point. If there was a cow in the barn, why are they now observing a lack of any animals at all? Did the cow disappear overnight, or did the farmer just say that because there used to be a cow there and you can tell? Or am I missing something again?
Persephone_Kore
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:56 pm

Dressari wrote:

Şaaruuk

They already knew he had magical powers the mother of the family mentioned it they just didn't know what to expect or how he'd use it.

Cool trick though which I could do that when I want the salt.

She only knew about his powers, from 'the old stories'. Keep in mind Quentyn is the first Rac she's ever seen and that their hospitality is based entirely on fear of offending him, and not their generocity.

The only one not afraid of him is Marsha, who hasn't been prejudiced by the legends. I think she is going to be the key or bridge to, at least with this particular human family, a better understanding of the Racs and a friendship or even ally of Quentyn and Sam.

Two things that are already in Quentyn & Sam's favor, are the fact that Quentyn tried to aplolgize (with hat in hand and ears down no less) for the deception so they could sleep in the barn, and the fact that he wasn't at all upset at being glomped onto by Marsha and having his whiskers pulled....that and the fact that, as someone pointed out earlier, the family was so freaked at Marsha's actions that they totally missed Quentyn's calling her "sweetie".

I think she's gonna be a very relevant.

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dressari on Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:59 pm

Actually revealing them could very well be a good thing, because it'll enable him to show them that he means no harm with them and that he doesn't go around bestowing curses on people willy nilly, bearing in mind he's already got a good idea on what they think of his powers from Sam.

If the fear was so much they they thought he could do serious harm to them I think they would've dragged the pitchforks out already.
Dressari

Postby Catherine_Puce on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:10 pm

TMLutas wrote:That horse left the barn long before Quentyn was born. They knew he had powers and he knew that they knew. Given that the lux field is supposed to be 1/10th what he's used to, I'm more concerned that he's draining his capabilities more than he might think.

I don't think so. It will not drain him more but it will take him more time to recuperate the lux. He will have to learn to think before use his lux trick nut expect that this should be good.

C'est pas comme si il aurait besoin d'utiliser sa magie sans arrêt.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Regular Poster

Next

Return to NPC