Can we get Back to Tales of the Questor please ?

Can we get Back to Tales of the Questor please ?

Postby Greatbeast on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:38 am

RH,

While I respect your ideals, and your right to express them...

To be honest, I and I suspect most other people who visit, come here to read TALES OF THE QUESTOR.

If I had wanted to read a debate about religion, beliefs I would go somewhere to find that.

If you want to do your personal strips on how you feel you are being excluded by modern society because of your belilefs, and wish to express them IN ADDITION to (Not in PLACE OF) Tales of the Questor that would be fine by me.

HOWEVER....as much as I may agree or disagree with your personal views, I do not think it is fair to the readers to replace your most successful comic with your strip about how you feel your beliefs are not respected.

Particularly since many many people here have donated quite a lot of cash that has supported you and the comic, simply because it is Very Well Done.

SO That being said (and not meaning to insult you or anyone else) could we PLEASE have a bit more Tales of the Questor comic appearing in the Tales of the Questor comic page ?

Thanks
http://www.popularparanoia.com
--Watching them watch you...
Greatbeast
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 pm

OK, I've just gone back nine or ten weeks into the archives.
In that time, we have had barely a dozen TotQ strips.
This is something like when the strip first started, when he posted one strip on each week, on a specific day...maybe a little more often, but you don't know WHEN.
Maybe I have been spoiled by coming in late, when he was doing two, three or even FOUR strips a week. But the reason I buy the CDs is to get the background on the Questorverse, not on N&T or GH. As a customer, I agree with greatbeast. PLEASE put more TotQ on the TotQ website, instead of your own personal views which you have a link to on the LJ page anyway, and where you can go into much more detail than in a comic strip.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby PeterSwinkels on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:53 pm

While I find the religion debates going on in the forums kind of interesting, I'm also interested in more TOTQ/Goblin Hollow and putting those debates behind me...
PeterSwinkels

Postby Rokas on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:13 pm

Yeah, but it's RH's stuff, so he can do what he likes.

Besides, it's nice to see a position expounded with clarity, as opposed to the mishmash of forum arguments.

Although I'd love more ToTQ, I'd say to RH that he should do what he darn well pleases and ask y'all to not jostle his elbow, consarnit.
I really don't care anymore.
TANSTAAFL
Stockholder of CHOAM, UAC, and Liandri.
Wurfle!
Rokas
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:47 pm

The only opinion I'll share on this topic is that if Ralph were to leave "Hard Onions" off at least one of his three strips, I'd ask that it be "Tales of the Questor".

Yes, "Nip and Tuck" and "Goblin Hollow" (nee "Under the Lemon Tree") run storylines too, but TotQ is not only almost exclusively storyline, but it's also presented in a full page format. It almost begs to be as undisturbed as possible.

But whatever he choses to do is fine with me.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Greatbeast on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:36 am

Rokas wrote:Yeah, but it's RH's stuff, so he can do what he likes.

Besides, it's nice to see a position expounded with clarity, as opposed to the mishmash of forum arguments.

Although I'd love more ToTQ, I'd say to RH that he should do what he darn well pleases and ask y'all to not jostle his elbow, consarnit.

Well, I'm certainly not demanding or insisting. This IS his site and comic, and naturally he may update or not as he pleases...

BUT as a reader who has been following the comic for 2 years or so (I think, I'm bad with dates and times) I do think I have the right to politely ask that he post Tales of the Questor more often on the tales of the questor page.

Thats all....
Greatbeast
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:07 am

I'll also support that suggestion, Ralph. Granted, I know you want to give voice to what you believe, and it's in your right, but again, perhaps HO should be on another part of the page, if you insist on posting it on the TOTQ site.
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:37 am

I think you should all be patient and allow Ralph to do as he pleases. It is his website and his comics, not ours. It used to be once a week. I do not think we should be demanding more than that. I very much enjoy Hard Onions, and seeing Ralph perspective on things. He's putting all his cards on the table so to speak and we are complaining about we do not get enough TOTQ.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 am

Perhaps Ralph should be honored that we love TotQ so much that we are demanding more of it! :)
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:45 am

RH has good reason for not updating TotQ as often as the others -- not just the size but the color.

I agree that TotQ would be the best choice of the three comics for leaving out HO, but for different reasons: (1) it's by far the least directly political, (2) it already has "Yeshu" mixed in more expertly than the others, and (3) it takes longer to go on to the next episode.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:14 am

It is interesting that I recently looked up Ralph's comics on Wikipedia:
1) N&T was not present anymore.
2) GH was present, but with a notation disputing its notability and requesting deletion.
3) TotQ was present with no notation.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:45 pm

Tom Mazanec wrote:It is interesting that I recently looked up Ralph's comics on Wikipedia:
1) N&T was not present anymore.
2) GH was present, but with a notation disputing its notability and requesting deletion.
3) TotQ was present with no notation.

...AND the entry on Ralph himself was vandalized. AGAIN.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Greatbeast on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:54 pm

Considering that anyone with a pulse and an internet connection can add to a wiki, I wouldn't even be concerned about that....

More or less, anyone who would bother to try to trash someone on a wiki is more than likely a crackpot or a punky teenager... You know the old "Consider the source" bit.
Greatbeast
Regular Poster

Postby Lee M on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:15 pm

greatbeast wrote:Considering that anyone with a pulse and an internet connection can add to a wiki, I wouldn't even be concerned about that....

More or less, anyone who would bother to try to trash someone on a wiki is more than likely a crackpot or a punky teenager... You know the old "Consider the source" bit.

In order to work properly any Wiki needs to have responsible moderators who can catch and remove any vandalism. Wikipedia have been pretty good at that, but it can't be easy with well over a million pages to police.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Lee M
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:03 pm

I tried looking at the other two forums. They don't seem to be upset as we are about the HO strips...in fact, they actually seem to LIKE them. Another reason why TotQ fandom is different.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Skull on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:39 pm

Hello.

I came here because I was afraid that Mr. Hayes had "retconned" Questor into Onions. After reading about, I see that's not the case, but what I do see led me to register in order to voice my misgivings.

I'll be blunt: I don't come here (to Questor) to read Hayes' opinions. Whether or not I agree with them is moot, I visit to read the comic. I have, in the past, read his Livejournal, and to continue to be blunt, was frequently disgusted with his "I'm right, you're wrong, and I'll delete your entry if you disagree" attitude.

That's fine. I have no problems with that as long as I'm not forced to read it. It's like going to try and read Ted Nugent's latest article and getting redirected instead to a Democratic Underground puff-piece on Nancy Pelosi.

The opinions in that article might be perfectly valid, but that's not what I went there to read.

Mr. Hayes' opinion on multiculturalism is irrelevant to me. It's not a topic I have any interest in, and Hayes' method of presenting it is grating and abrasive. The method of presentation in fact tends to turn "no interest" into an active dislike.

I find myself no longer interested in reading Questor. I'd already given up reading Nip & Tuck when we were given more greeting cards than actual strips, and then I dropped Goblin when Hayes' retconned it.

I stuck with Questor a bit longer, since I enjoyed the story and characters much more than the other two, but after barely half a dozen actual strips in over two months, Onions was my proverbial last straw, and I've deleted that entry too, out of my bookmarks.

Mr. Hayes, thank you for the wonderful story up to this point. Perhaps sometime in the future I'll be back.
Skull
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:24 am

Maybe Ralph should be flattered that he attained enough notoriety to BE vandalized on Wikipedia. Still, it must be an annoyance.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby NydaLynn on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:02 pm

I for one still love reading TOTQ and hope it doesn't go away. ^.^ Looking forward to buying more books for gifts this year as well.
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:14 pm

Tom Mazanec wrote:Maybe Ralph should be flattered that he attained enough notoriety to BE vandalized on Wikipedia. Still, it must be an annoyance.

You should see the Encyclopedia Dramatica article on him. It was/is a mess - somebody managed to write a whole novel over there. (Note: you will either be highly sickened by the article, or laugh hysterically at the inanities, or both. Caution suggested.)
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Return to NPC