Kitty! (7 Nov 06)

Kitty! (7 Nov 06)

Postby The Lurking Dragon on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:50 pm

Well, trust kids to break the ice. And the minds of whichever parent happens to be scared silly at the time. 8-)
edit - added date to subject
Last edited by The Lurking Dragon on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon
The Lurking Dragon

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:52 pm

Weeee...

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to be included in this thread.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby BlasTech on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:59 pm

BrockthePaine wrote:I have nothing to add, I just wanted to be included in this thread.

Same here

KITTY!!!!! *eeeeeeeee!*
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Location: In a small tower on the southern side of the college

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:05 pm

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! KITTY!

First off, I never realized that Quentyn had whiskers. Secondly, RH this is another one of my favorites. There are just too many great comics that you make. And this is one of the best. Third, KITTY!!!! Fourth, I love how the mother keels over at the end. Funny stuff.

Lastly, did anyone see a slight Monsters Inc. reference?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wayfarer on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:06 pm

Aaawwwwwwwwww!
Cute, cute, cute!

That made me happy. :D

Edit:
Eeeeee! No, I didn't make a connection to Monsters, Inc., but now that you mention it... :D :D :D
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy
Wayfarer
Regular Poster

Postby UncleMonty on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:25 pm

That's what I'd like to see in a family... Though none of them are perfect, together they can handle anything. First it was the Boy's turn, then the Mother's turn, then the little girl, and then the Father. And cute to boot. "Kitty!"

"That went well." :lol:
Avoid those who speak badly of the people, for such wish to rule over you.
UncleMonty
Cartoon Hero

Postby The JAM on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:36 pm

This COULD be a "safe" family, I hope...
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:51 pm

The JAM wrote:This COULD be a "safe" family, I hope...

As long as they keep the little girl more or less away from Quenty's whiskers. :wink:

This whole strip just had me laughing....and the look on Greta's face in panel 5 sent me into fits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to go RH :D

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:58 am

Sharuuk wrote:
The JAM wrote:This COULD be a "safe" family, I hope...

As long as they keep the little girl more or less away from Quenty's whiskers. :wink:

This whole strip just had me laughing....and the look on Greta's face in panel 5 sent me into fits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to go RH :D

Şaaruuk

Same here. XD Oy, that poor woman! Least Quentyn can maybe do CPR if her heart stops... or just jump-start it with a levin bolt. Though that might shock the family a little...
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:42 am

Heh heh heh, now that's cute.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rangers on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:55 am

Poor folks. Too nervous to notice that this potentially dangerous magical being just called their daughter "Sweetie".
Join the adventure at http://rangers.keenspace.com
Licensed Online Comic Macquettes - get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
Rangers
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:42 am

I kept remembering from <a href="http://freefall.purrsia.com/">Freefall</a> where one of the main characters keeps getting referred to as "doggy!"

little kids are so cute, stating the obvious like it's new and nobody else noticed. they're so innocent too.
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:43 am

Oh, that little girl is soooooo CUTE! And I still say that there is a Monsters Inc. reference here. RH, is there?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Richter B. on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:51 am

heh kitty indeed.

you know i thought racoonans were a little taller than child height??
Richter B.
Regular Poster

Postby Squeaky Bunny on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:40 am

shyal_malkes wrote:I kept remembering from <a href="http://freefall.purrsia.com/">Freefall</a> where one of the main characters keeps getting referred to as "doggy!"

little kids are so cute, stating the obvious like it's new and nobody else noticed. they're so innocent too.

Yeah, that's Florence Ambrose.

Not to be confused with Mizzkiti.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Postby Deckard Canine on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 am

StrangeWulf13 wrote:Least Quentyn can maybe do CPR if her heart stops... or just jump-start it with a levin bolt. Though that might shock the family a little...

I think if he used anything unfamiliar to return her to consciousness, they would think she was cursed or even undead (and not the Yeshu way).

Only three story strips ago, we saw Sam cuddle Quentyn. We keep getting reminders (as if we could forget) that he's a cute little fluffernutter. I like that.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Maxgoof on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 am

From an IM conversation:

Them: "Kitty"?!?

Me: LOL!!!!!

Them: I guess if I was 4 years old, I'D mistake a two-foot talking racoon in clothing and walking on two legs for a barn-cat as well...

Me: Hee hee...I get that reaction every time I walk in a parade in fursuit. :) And the reaction of the mother is just precious!

Them: Kids see you in a giant blue bear outfit...and call you "Kitty"?!?

Me: Uh...no, not "kitty"... I did have a little girl follow me down the street until her mother came and got her. As she was being carried away, she kept saying, "Bear! Bear!"

Them: O......kay. I hope the mother has the good sense not to take her to Yosemite...

Me: Or Yellowstone.

Them: Or JELLYstone, for that matter.

Me: "Hey, lookie there, Boo Boo! Eh, some little girl has taken a liking to me!"
"KITTY!!!"
The ranger's not gonna like this, Yogi..."
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy
Maxgoof
Regular Poster

Postby Jaydub on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:40 am

I think the mom's reaction should have been expected thinking that Marsha's act would bring Quentyn's vengeance down on the whole family... This strip still has be chuckling... :)
Last edited by Jaydub on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby Catherine_Puce on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:42 am

It's indeed a nice strip. Seeing how Marsha is sad to to be recuperate by his father, I bet that she will pet Quentyn again at the first occasion.I can't blame her to that but I don't think that her mother will able to deal with all this stress again.

Quoique c'est normal pour une mère de s'inqiéter pour ces enfants.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:30 am

I keep thinking of that cartoon where there is the line "Puddy tat faw down and go boom".
And Monsters Inc. is my favorite movie (I am even on a discussion board) but I think the "Kitty" might just be a coincidence. It is a natural thing for a little girl to call a furry something. But on the other hand...
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Next

Return to NPC