on vacation

on vacation

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:05 pm

contrary to my best guesses, the place where we are staying on vacation actually has internet access.

at any rate, I just wanted to say hey to all the guys living in Florida where we're vacationing for the week.
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:27 pm

well, today I am quite sore, especially in the leg. today we went to the beach and, in an attempt to lose some weight, worked myself against the larger of the waves.
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:13 pm

Hey Shyal...

Welcome to my little neck o' the woods. You hit Cocoa, New Smyrna or Daytona Beach?

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:48 am

dad says it was around Melbourne,

today we have plans to go to another waterpark...

if I don't lose some weight from all this swimming I'll be disappointed
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:08 pm

my little sister threw a fit when we left the gift shop at arabian nights without buying the largest stuffed horse there. it was outside of price range and she has nearly 50 similar (though smaller) horses back home.

she's a horse nut and the moment I knew mom was taking her to the gift shop I knew something was bound to happen. oh well, there's plenty left to see before we have to head home.
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rokas on Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 pm

Son of a mother, you're in Central Florida?

So THAT'S why the weather has crapped out lately. ;p

Seems every time someone I know of visits the state they bring down cold/cool weather and clouds with them.

I would recommend visiting Gatorland, but the fire there today... Kinda not a good idea, yanno?

Also, if you see a gold BMW speeding up, get out of my way; I'm late for work. ;) I'm always late for work... :(
I really don't care anymore.
TANSTAAFL
Stockholder of CHOAM, UAC, and Liandri.
Wurfle!
Rokas
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:13 pm

If you are on vacation, why on earth are you not in Texas? Only place to visit. *sniff*
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:40 pm

shyal_malkes wrote:my little sister threw a fit when we left the gift shop at arabian nights without buying the largest stuffed horse there. it was outside of price range and she has nearly 50 similar (though smaller) horses back home.

she's a horse nut and the moment I knew mom was taking her to the gift shop I knew something was bound to happen. oh well, there's plenty left to see before we have to head home.

How'd you like the show? Arabian Nights is considered one of the better dinner shows here in O-town. And for just plain fun, and an unashamedly patriotic theme, the Dixie Stampede is a real hoot....the show is very well done, highly remenicent of the old 'Wild West' shows.....and the food is quite good.

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:59 am

Madmoonie wrote:If you are on vacation, why on earth are you not in Texas? Only place to visit. *sniff*

because florida has more water then Texas, and personally I like the water, the cold too actually, but that's why I live in Ohio. :D (the first snow fall of the season was sometime earlier in October this year)
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:34 am

But there is lots of water in Texas! Hundreds of lakes and rivers to go to, not to mention the entire Gulf of Mexico!
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Squeaky Bunny on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:22 am

Rokas wrote:Son of a mother, you're in Central Florida?

So THAT'S why the weather has crapped out lately. ;p

Seems every time someone I know of visits the state they bring down cold/cool weather and clouds with them.

I would recommend visiting Gatorland, but the fire there today... Kinda not a good idea, yanno?

Also, if you see a gold BMW speeding up, get out of my way; I'm late for work. ;) I'm always late for work... :(

If you use OBT to get to work, no wonder you're always late!
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tuyu on Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:12 am

Madmoonie wrote:But there is lots of water in Texas! Hundreds of lakes and rivers to go to, not to mention the entire Gulf of Mexico!

Now that's Texas geography for you! :lol:
Tuyu
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:08 pm

In East Texas, mind you. I've been in West Texas and except for thr Rio Grande, there's a whole lot of desert there.
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:13 pm

The JAM wrote:In East Texas, mind you. I've been in West Texas and except for thr Rio Grande, there's a whole lot of desert there.

And central Texas! I came from central Texas, so I have a vague recolection of them. Oh, and North Texas to. Especially the Northeast. Don't call it the 'Piney Woods' for nothin'.
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sharuuk on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:18 pm

The JAM wrote:In East Texas, mind you. I've been in West Texas and except for thr Rio Grande, there's a whole lot of desert there.

That ain't desert out there son....that thar's whutcha call a "Texas Beach" doncha know! :lol: :roll:

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rokas on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:51 pm

Squeaky Bunny wrote:If you use OBT to get to work, no wonder you're always late!

I said I'm late for work, not that it takes me three days to GET to work. :P Buddy, I avoid OBT and I-4 whenever I can. Man, I'll pay through the nose to take the Greenway 'fore I use those roads!

Besides, I go down Tradeport near OIA, which is far more fun to zip down with al the curves. :D ;)

Oh, and for the Texas folk: You ain't got as much water as we do. :p Ask Shyal about how many lakes and swamps there are down here. (Orlando has the 2nd largest number of lakes in an Urban area in the United States, right after Minneapolis-St. Paul).

Not to mention the weather... I swear, one drop of water hits the road and everyone starts driving like their car will explode if it goes over 20 MPH. It took me forty minutes to get home tonight thanks to overcautiousness.

Anyway, Shyal, whatever you do, don't take I-drive if you don't have to. Also, do not feed the Gators. They ARE worse than Solidus.
TANSTAAFL
Wurfle!
Rokas
Regular Poster

Postby Madmoonie on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Rokas wrote:Not to mention the weather... I swear, one drop of water hits the road and everyone starts driving like their car will explode if it goes over 20 MPH. It took me forty minutes to get home tonight thanks to overcautiousness.

At least its not as bad as here in Wichita, a flake of snow or raindrop hits the ground and people think its the next Ice Age, and head for the store. EVERYBODY. Geez, what is three cases of canned goods going to do you for is if it is?
----
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Shyal_malkes on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:41 pm

dry is not an option

that's what they say over at splash mountain, and I guess it's true. especially when you ride it twice when it's raining. :P

ya know I realized something the other day, theme parks have a tendency to erace racism. I realize that when I look at someone in a theme park, there are only two classifications I give them: employee and fellow tourist

it's only as an afterthought that I even notice someone's race. I usually try not to judge people based on race and I like to think that I do a good job at it, but these theme parks do an even better job at it. it's simply where we're either here as part of the job, or we're here to have a good time, it's plain and simple.

I like to think there's an American ideal behind all that.
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rokas on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:20 pm

shyal_malkes wrote:...there are only two classifications I give them: employee and fellow tourist

Except when you're at Disney, it's either "Cast Member" or "Guest." :P Or so they told us in orientation. ;)
TANSTAAFL
Wurfle!
Rokas
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:19 am

you work/worked at Disney?! :o
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Next