October 28: A warn-out welcome

Postby MikeVanPelt on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:24 pm

TMLutas wrote:
MikeVanPelt wrote:I was just thinking that about now is the time to run into some nice, non-belligerent humans.

Yes, nice, non-belligerant humans *who just got conned*. I don't think so. The first question is what happened to the pilgrim?

Got conned? Out of what? The farmer agreed to let a weary traveller sleep in the barn, and that's all they did.

Quentyn really is on a pilgrimage of sorts, so it wasn't a complete lie. This is the general area where he needs to start talking to humans; he's going to get nowhere continuing to hide from them. I think at this point, in non-threatening daylight, is the time for him to bite the bullet and try to make contact.

It would really help if these humans had legends of positive contact with Rac Conan traders.
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:54 pm

Deckard Canine wrote:I rather assumed that this world has no nonsapient raccoons. Not counting the brain-damaged ones.
Like Rahan, you mean?

Actually, I think Ralph has indirectly established that there are non-people raccoons in this world, just not any in Rac Conan lands. Not that Quentyn could impersonate a wild raccoon, just that they exist.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 am

Hm, maybe Rac Conans regard wild raccoons the way humans regard chimps.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:34 am

Might be tough. Racconnans are designed to walk on twos. Try walking around on your hands and feet for a few minutes...
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:37 am

Animal raccoons are mentioned by Ennias Longscript.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to NPC