Postby RHJunior on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:01 am

"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Good news! And a question...

Postby NydaLynn on Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:50 am

Good news!! I have a job interview on Thursday. I've been out of a job for the last two months, but hopefully soon I will be able to donate here and buy the TOTQ book for my sister. Which brings me to my question:

How much of the price gets to you, RH? I'd love to buy at least two copies once I get a job. But I was wondering if the site that sells them is adding to the price at all. If so, I can see about making up the difference in donations. Cause I'm loving TOTQ so far!
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:47 pm

I have my copy. Excellent work!
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby BlasTech on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:14 am

It took a while, but i finally managed to place an order :D

Hope it gets here soon ^^ *goes and sits on front doorstep to wait*
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Location: In a small tower on the southern side of the college

Postby Yuoofox on Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:13 am

My Tales of the Questor book came in today! =^.^=

I haven't opened it yet because my parents got it for me for my birthday, which is still almost a month away. (I mean, sure, I could open it now, but I want to preserve the element of surprise, in some sense.)
Yuoofox
Regular Poster

Postby BlasTech on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:46 am

Yay my book arrived!!! =^.^=

If anyone needs me ill be dancing throughout my house, laughing and singing like its an early christmas!
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Location: In a small tower on the southern side of the college

:)

Postby Mallichi88 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:41 pm

i want to get this book soooo bad. umm.. who ever got it just tell me how it is and if its worth the 42 dollars .. thanks
:D
Mallichi88

Postby Anthony Lion on Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:07 am

I have one of the rare early edition books(from before RHJunior found a problem with it back in May), and yes, it's worth it, if for no other reason than that I don't have to bring my laptop with me if I want something good to read before I go to sleep.
(Less of an issue for me now that the 15" PC is scrap and I'm using a 12" iBook, but still... )

If you're wondering if there's any extra material, then no, you'll be a bit disappointed.

If you can't afford the $42 book, there's the B/W edition...
My name is Lion, Anthony Lion.
A fur with a license to purr
Anthony Lion
Regular Poster

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:29 am

I have all the first editions.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

book?

Postby Mallichi88 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:32 am

well i am going to get the B&W one. i realy like what ive read so far online . it strikes me as star-wars meets lord of the rings only every one is raccoons lol. *sits on front porch and waits also*
:lol:
Mallichi88

Postby NydaLynn on Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:32 pm

Whoohooo!!!! I have a job!! In less than a month one.. or maybe three... of those baby's are gonna be mine!! :D :D :D :dance:
"Que Sera Sera..."
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby Baree on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:58 pm

W00t! I ordered them about a fortnight ago I think, and they are finally here! They did have to travel quite a distance... The quality is a lot better then I hoped for and I don't think Ralph could have chosen a better moment to end the first Tales of the Questor book. Nip & Tuck's ending seems a bit more abrupt, but I should check the on-line comic to see what the next strip was... Anyhow, I'm so glad you decided to sell in book format. I never would have bought the CD in a bazillion years, but these two treasures will be the pride of my bookcase. Can't wait for the next volumes.
Baree

Postby NydaLynn on Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:47 pm

Love the books! ^.^ I am going to have to order another set though... just gave mine away for Christmas to some very deserving individuals. :)
"Que Sera Sera..."
NydaLynn
Regular Poster

Postby Tal on Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:45 am

Im DEFINITELY going to buy a few, but can someone tell me what comic they end on? Because I think I'd die if it didn't have the wights in it.
"Show them no tear! Give them a stony heart and sink them with it!"
-John Proctor, 'The Crucible'

KIRBY DANCE! <(**)> <(**<) (>**)> ^(**)^
^($$)>
Expect a crappy furry drawing of me soon! Behold my incredible....hmm... awfulness? :) at drawing!
Tal

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:54 pm

The first Questor book ends with the Wight arc.

Because it just wouldn't be proper to end on the left one... :D *rimshot*
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby Siirenias on Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:51 pm

Fwee! I'm picking up hours left and right during spring break. When I catch up with those paychecks, this is on my list.
Siirenias
Regular Poster

Postby Trillan on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:49 pm

What's the quality like of the color book? The review up on lulu isn't very positive.
Trillan
Regular Poster

Tales of the Questor book is great!

Postby Fred Patten on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:58 am

The color in the Tales of the Questor book is as sharp as the online colors. For a favorable review in ANTHRO magazine (http://www.anthrozine.com/), go to the Archives and see issue #2. (Conflict of interest notice: I wrote the review.)

Tales of the Questor, vol. 1 is also among the finalists curretly being voted on for the Ursa Major Awards, for the Best Furry Book of 2005 in the Other Literary Work category (not a text novel). And the online strip is also nominated in the Best Furry Comic Strip category. Visit the Ursa Major Awards web site at
http://www.ursamajorawards.org/Voting.htm for further information, and to vote before the closing deadiine in about three weeks.
Fred Patten

Congratulations on winning the Ursa Major Award

Postby Fred Patten on Tue May 30, 2006 7:10 am

Congratulations on just winning the 2005 Ursa Major Award for your Tales of the Questor, Vol. 1 (full color edition) in the Best Other Work (not a text novel) category.
Fred Patten

Postby The JAM on Tue May 30, 2006 8:16 am

ALL RIGHT!!!!
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to NPC