"Mysteries" Mun thread

Postby BrockthePaine on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:18 am

...is it my turn? Can anybody tell me what we're doing next? I'm just going to hold off until we decide whether or not Amp is going to be released, or maybe until Aven is brought up for his interview (I presume we're eventually going get to interview him, right?).

Btw, Fusion, good job on the question you had Piper ask - that question never would have occured to me to actually ask...
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:06 am

Thanks! >^.^<
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:17 am

Thread kinda feels like one of those afternoons, the kind where you stand at the edge of town and watch a storm rolling in from the prarie to the west. The air is cool but still, and the birds have all stopped singing. To the east the sky is clear and dark blue, but to the west, a dark line of clouds obscures the horizon and the sun. The air tastes of moist dirt and grass and there is the muggy smell of rain. Everybody's prepared for a storm, but we're still waiting for it to arrive. You know it's coming, and you know to expect the wind, the hail, and the thunder which shakes the windows until you pray they don't crack from it all.

Something's bound to happen but now we're in the calm before the storm.

Yeah, okay, I'm feeling poetic and hoping the RP picks up soon. Don't know what I can do for now, though.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby BlasTech on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:32 pm

Blast it all!!!!

I've had an idea in my head for a scene much further down along the track that is practically exactly the same as what you just said ...

*mumbles* and he's gone and done it better ...

*goes and pouts*
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Location: In a small tower on the southern side of the college

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:26 pm

Thanks :D If it helps, I didn't copyright that, so you can steal it at will. :wink:

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby BlasTech on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:18 pm

Hehehe, well i could take you through the specifics of how it actually works out that you DID copyright merely through the actions of typing it and posting it ...

but that would be aussie law

and i dont want to be mistaken for a lawyer (im not)

and im really really tempted to just cut and paste it into the rp again when we hit that scene :lol:
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:59 am

BlasTech wrote:Hehehe, well i could take you through the specifics of how it actually works out that you DID copyright merely through the actions of typing it and posting it ...

but that would be aussie law

and i dont want to be mistaken for a lawyer (im not)

and im really really tempted to just cut and paste it into the rp again when we hit that scene :lol:

I am actually familiar in passing with Aussie copyright law as well as the international standard... Go ahead and use it if you want. I'm not one of those folks who'd get bent out of shape about someone quoting me (I'd actually be rather flattered, tell the truth).

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:28 am

BWAAHAHahahahahaaaa! Another priceless post Tbolt! :lol:
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:18 am

**Laughs**

**Stops laughing to breathe**

**Laughs more**

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:08 am

poke?
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:22 am

I don't really know where we're going next, so anything I could post here would be Piper sitting around and singing Johnny Cash...
I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine,
Since, I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom Prison,
And time keeps draggin' on,
But that train keeps a-rollin',
On down to San Antone.

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby BlasTech on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:00 pm

yeah, im kinda stuck too ... unless Amp has a response that i can play off i cant think of anything more to say ><
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:22 pm

So um, anybody in the prison-going party want to play Bingo?

Oh wait! We've got four characters, enough for that four-person chess game the Racs play!

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:46 am

Hmmm... I'm kinda at a loss of what to do next. I hope we here from Red soon, otherwise I think it's just going to sit here for now.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:14 am

Well, I'm rather hesitant to suggest this, but Red said a month ago that Amp would probably be released soon due to lack of evidence. Could we just make that official or something - maybe Fusion could write up a 'being released' post and we could be told to come back and check on Aven in two hours? If Red hadn't already mentioned it, I wouldn't even bring it up... but we know that's going to eventually happen. If Amp's released and needs to, say, go back to his shop for something (change of clothes perhaps?) then that would at least give us something to do while waiting to interview Aven... what do the rest of yall think? Should we try something like that, or just wait for Red?

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tbolt on Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:22 pm

I've been waiting on Red, he sent me some stuff as to what is in Barret's house.

Looking at the list, there's a lot more stuff to go through than Trajan and Greystar can do in the rest of the morning.

I figure once noontime comes around in the game, we will return to the Whim. Where Trajan will propose that the entire group go to the house to riff through Barret's stuff. We'll probably get some protests from Lady Vilnas, so we'll have to figure out how to convince her, plus we'll need to consider Miss Aurum's sensibilities, right now she is responsible for the estate.

Brock, please forgive me, but I'll have to PM you what's on the crystal Trajan has, it isn't what either expected! =^^;; Again, once Piper gets to the house we'll see what we can find.

Please forgive me as well, I've been a little hammered at work and inm y personal life so I haven't done as much as I should have here!

I get the impression that Red is getting hammered by midterms right now, perhaps we could wait a coulple more days and then spring Fusion?

Doink, I'll try to get the next stage of the house search out before the end of this week, thanks for your patience! =^^=
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:53 pm

Tbolt wrote:Brock, please forgive me, but I'll have to PM you what's on the crystal Trajan has, it isn't what either expected! =^^;; Again, once Piper gets to the house we'll see what we can find.
...what crystal? The "recording" crystal Piper handed out? Or a different one?

Tbolt wrote:I get the impression that Red is getting hammered by midterms right now, perhaps we could wait a coulple more days and then spring Fusion?
Ok, fine by me.

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:38 pm

oh, midterms, fun. Hope those go well for him!

And that plan sounds good!

Amp: "Finally! I'm getting out of here!" >^.^<
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby Tbolt on Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:56 am

BrockthePaine wrote:
Tbolt wrote:Brock, please forgive me, but I'll have to PM you what's on the crystal Trajan has, it isn't what either expected! =^^;; Again, once Piper gets to the house we'll see what we can find.
...what crystal? The "recording" crystal Piper handed out? Or a different one?

The one handed him by Piper, I figure it'd probably be better to have him visit the estate in the afternoon so that he might neb around with the others, and although the crystal is useful, from a storytelling poing, it would be redundant.

But later on the devices might come in handy, so don't put them away =^^=
Last edited by Tbolt on Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby RedSquirrel456 on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:34 pm

Sorry to keep you waiting guys. I don't know about tonight, but tomorrow I'll definitely be able to get a post up. Kin ya wait? It's bumming me out having to stall the RP, but I promise, I'll get back to it ASAP.
"Every revolutionary idea seems to evoke three stages of reaction. They may be summed up by the phrases: (1) It's completely impossible. (2) It's possible, but it's not worth doing. (3) I said it was a good idea all along."
-Arthur C. Clarke
RedSquirrel456
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to NPC