"Mysteries" Mun thread

Postby Tom Mazanec on Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:50 am

Punch cards...I remember those. Numbered them in case the rubber band broke. Know all the keypunch machine foibles...this one can't type "e" so you only use it for numerical data, that one moves two spaces for each character so you have to alternate backspaces, the one over there can only hold five cards at a time... best time to keypunch were the wee hours of the morning, less waiting for a machine. You ran your deck through and came back an hour later where they had your printout (in big paper, newspaper size and lines of holes on the edges) in cubbyholes sorted by last two digits of your account number. Those were the days!
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Doink on Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:43 pm

If Ayshe leaves, then there's no point in developing Faris's romance with him. I'm going to break it off.
Both a heart and a brain are necessary for survival. Without one, the other will quickly perish.

"I decline to accept the end of man [...] Man will not only endure, but prevail...." - William Faulkner

"I can say—not as a patriotic bromide, but with full knowledge of the necessary metaphysical, epistemological, ethical, political and aesthetic roots—that the United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world." - Ayn Rand
Doink
Regular Poster

Postby BlasTech on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:21 am

yakiity yakitty yakitty ... at least we're back on page 1 now. ^^;

*goes off to bed*
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Location: In a small tower on the southern side of the college

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:22 am

There we go...

Regarding the "employment", I think it might be easier for Piper to say "These are my associates and we'd like to talk with the prisoners" over "These are some folks I found in a restaurant this morning who are interested in talking with their friends in the hopes of springing them from jail!" Somehow I find that to be a bad line to use on a prison guard.

There was something else I was gonna say, but I forgot what it was...
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tbolt on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:50 am

Hee, hee, I hate when that hapens! =^^=

Ok, Doink, the ball's in your court now, how will the twins go?
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:18 am

'ello?
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Doink on Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:20 am

Greystar with Trajan and Vilnas, Faris with Piper.

Heh. Now that Ayshe is a major flake in Faris's mind, there's room for a new interest. :wink:
Both a heart and a brain are necessary for survival. Without one, the other will quickly perish.

"I decline to accept the end of man [...] Man will not only endure, but prevail...." - William Faulkner

"I can say—not as a patriotic bromide, but with full knowledge of the necessary metaphysical, epistemological, ethical, political and aesthetic roots—that the United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world." - Ayn Rand
Doink
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:39 am

Ok then, I guess we're going with Faris, Kahlin, and Piper for the group heading to the jail, and Greystar and Trajan are going to meet Vilnas to search Barrett's house.

Now, we discussed back on page 40 that Jasper, before leaving, would have sent Piper a note discussing the conversation he overheard, and that the next time Piper was out, I'd have him discover the note in his office mailbox. That's most of the reason I suggested the other two filling out the assistant forms, to give Piper a reason to go back to his office before reaching the prison. I don't think we want to keep Fusion hanging much longer, so do you just want me to write the scene in Piper's office and then scurry us all away to the jail, or do you want to comment on the scene? I'll give you my basic outline if I just write the whole thing:

1. Group leaves the Whim and arrives at Piper's office.
2. Piper pulls out a one-sheet form for Kahlin and Faris to sign, and notices he's got a package.
3. Kahlin or Faris notices the package is from Jasper and remarks that Jasper was with the group up until the previous day.
4. Piper reads the notes from the package about what he overheard (this would fit with Kahlin's experience, but clearer)
5. Any discussion of this new info? I don't think it'll change what we're doing, and we'll discuss it more once the entire group reunites.
6. The group will go to the Archivist's office to get the papers stamped.
7. Piper start's sweet-talking his way into the jail. I'll then hand off either to RedSquirrel, or Kahlin greeting Ampiere, or Ampiere greeting Kahlin.

It's a full plate, but I'd really like to get Fusion back into the game as soon as possible, since he's been stuck in jail since... well, long before I joined the RP, at least... so is there any discussion, objections, snide remarks, or shall I go ahead and write the full post?

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby BlasTech on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:27 pm

Go for it! Lets get this ball rolling :)

Only suggestion is that if you're planning on writing in any major dialogue with our characters it might be better to pm us the questions so we can get you the most IC responses we can give. But i also want to hurry it along so I dont mind if we just go straight into a one shot post to get us there. :wink:

Do we have any plans for Ayshe? I had an idea that might tie in well with him leaving town; that he's gone off to one of the towns (Ridgedale?) after a "breach of security" concerning the storage of one of the artefacts of power from Between Worlds. I thought it might be a good reason for him to vanish suddenly, he (out of all of them) would want to personally guarantee that the guard get their tails moving on protecting it.
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:16 pm

I didn't jump as far forward as I had intended... I'm going to let Faris and Kahlin respond to that letter first and then make another jump to the prison. I didn't feel entirely at ease filling in responses for them, so...

If anybody has a problem with Jasper's method of departure, I'm certainly open to modifications...

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby BlasTech on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:55 am

Archivists? are we going back to deliver the note?
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:16 am

BlasTech wrote:Archivists? are we going back to deliver the note?

Eh? No, I thought we were going to the Archivists to get those two papers officially stamped to make them "more realistic" in case a prison guard asked for them prior to admitting everybody. A five minute stop or less.

Also, Piper can send a bird off to search for the others, and inform them of what the note says.

Question: the next post I write, I'm going to jump us all to the prison. Should I have us get in, get stopped at the door, what? I'd really like to get Fusion back into the game ASAP, but can I have a bit of DM opinion on what I can and can't do?

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tbolt on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:27 am

Ok, I've got Trajan and Greystar hooked up with Lady Vilnas.

Doink, Red, if I've taken any liberties with the characters that I should not have, please tell me and I'll correct the issue.

Red, could you PM me with any details about Barret's place for when we get there, or at least PM Doink so that he could describe the initial search from Greystar's perspective?

Thanks!
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tbolt on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:53 am

:lol: Doink, that was priceless:

"I sense a disturbance in the force!"

"Like a million people just cried out and were cut off?"

"No, like my brother just did something stupid!"

:lol:
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrockthePaine on Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:49 am

There we go. Fusion, you're back in the game now! Sorta. I hinted that they might drop the charges, tho I decided to keep the status quo basically unchanged. And I made up some reason why they can't see Aven yet, waiting for RedSquirrel.

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:27 pm

Sweet! :)

BTW, Amp is wearing a red robe right now, the color ribbon he graduated with. He also is slightly short and appears to be a little younger than he is.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 pm

Fusion: for ease of posting, you can just say "Ampiere described everything in detail" and that will work for me. If you want to describe Piper as Ampiere's talking, he'll be sitting with the recording crystal in one hand, pen in the other hand taking notes, and he'll be watching Ampiere's eyes, hands, and tail (he sat off to one side so he could see this). He might ask one or two questions for clarity, but will basically allow Ampiere to talk without interruption. The big thing Piper wants to know about is what Ampiere saw once Aven got his hands on the dagger, and how Gregor, Arthur, and Thomas acted during and prior to the end of the fight.

Which brings me to the $32,000 question: when/is Ampiere getting out of jail? It'd be nice if it's soon. Is that left up to RedSquirrel to decide or can we make that decision ourselves simply to keep Ampiere on the playing field?

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fusion on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:52 am

Well, I hope that does it. Sorry I didn't post earlier. It's been hecktic around here lately.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
Fusion
Regular Poster

Postby RedSquirrel456 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:00 pm

Sorry for not replying guys, college has kept me busy. I'm drawing up the next stage of the RP, Tbolt, you'll get the PM within the next couple days.

Amp will get out of jail rather soon... I assume they'll just let him go for a lack of solid evidence.
"Every revolutionary idea seems to evoke three stages of reaction. They may be summed up by the phrases: (1) It's completely impossible. (2) It's possible, but it's not worth doing. (3) I said it was a good idea all along."
-Arthur C. Clarke
RedSquirrel456
Regular Poster

Postby Fusion on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:31 am

Ah yes. College mayhem. I know how that is.
Fusion
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to NPC