BRANDY???

RHJunior
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: WV
Contact:

Post by RHJunior »

Followed up by http://www.irregularwebcomic.net with:

"What size do hobbits normally drink?"

"Gallons."
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert

User avatar
Werekitty
Regular Poster
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:34 pm
Location: Scratching around in the litterbox.
Contact:

Post by Werekitty »

RHJunior wrote:Followed up by http://www.irregularwebcomic.net with:

"What size do hobbits normally drink?"

"Gallons."
Thanks for showing us this comic, RH. It's neat. Kinda silly, but still, that's the point.
"When you want something done, you ask a man. When you want it done quietly and without any fuss, you ask a woman."
-Mercedes Lackey

I am the Werekitty. Here me mew.

Hope springs eternal.
It just doesn't land where you want.

User avatar
Astral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:15 am
Location: "I am the terror, that flaps in the night!"
Contact:

Post by Astral »

I still don't see why that meens she owes him..

User avatar
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Probably because she feels she caused him to get plastered and feels bad about it.

Bargamer
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Bargamer »

If getting a kick-butt weapon and a blushing bar-maid is my punishment for getting plastered, then by all means, broach that cask already! XD

User avatar
Werekitty
Regular Poster
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:34 pm
Location: Scratching around in the litterbox.
Contact:

Post by Werekitty »

bargamer wrote:If getting a kick-butt weapon and a blushing bar-maid is my punishment for getting plastered, then by all means, broach that cask already! XD
Well there was also the klanging hangover, and loss of memory.
"When you want something done, you ask a man. When you want it done quietly and without any fuss, you ask a woman."
-Mercedes Lackey

I am the Werekitty. Here me mew.

Hope springs eternal.
It just doesn't land where you want.

User avatar
Jaydub
Regular Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:18 pm
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Post by Jaydub »

Werekitty Wrote:
bargamer wrote:
If getting a kick-butt weapon and a blushing bar-maid is my punishment for getting plastered, then by all means, broach that cask already! XD


Well there was also the klanging hangover, and loss of memory.
While the outcome was indeed in Quentyn favor, if the swap was done on purpose to play a joke on a first time drinker it would not be in character with the strip. :evil:

As a honest mistake that in the long run helps out, well that is a different story. I am sure Quentyn is not ready to try it again anytime soon. :o :) :D
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1807
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

I don't think she knows about wildcard and even if she did it might not stop her from feeling like she owes him one.

emotion doesn't always run on logic and guilt can be an emotion.
I still say the doctor did it....

User avatar
Yuoofox
Regular Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:56 am
Location: Florida, U.S.A.
Contact:

Post by Yuoofox »

I remember the first day in Chemistry Lab, they warned us, "Just because it says alcohol on the side of the bottle, it might not be the same thing. Depending on what form of alcohol it is, just a sip of it could kill you."


I grew up in one of those strict, no-alcohol churchs. (You know, "Jesus turned the water into Welch's Grape Juice," and all of that.) The first time I tasted wine was about a year ago during Communion at my current church, and it was very bitter. I was like, "Hmmmm.... either this isn't grape juice, or it's been sitting out for way too long." I've decided to remain a tee-totaler myself, but I'm not against alcohol in moderation.

User avatar
Dragoon The Griffin
Regular Poster
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:04 pm
Contact:

Post by Dragoon The Griffin »

Lou Leghorn wrote:I do believe that this may be the first time Quentyn has actually had a conversation with Meribeth without experiencing "Foot-in-Mouth" syndrome. :wink:
indeedy, what in the three times we've seen him notice her he's...

- Told her she has nice breast while getting uber-drunk
- Made a sexual inuendo by accident and ran off bright red
- Been Naked in public

User avatar
Shirogitsune
Regular Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Shirogitsune »

At least he has enough class to not pull the standard cheesy pick-up lines.

User avatar
Jaydub
Regular Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:18 pm
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Post by Jaydub »

Shirogitsune Worte:
At least he has enough class to not pull the standard cheesy pick-up lines.
I am not sure he knows any cheesy pick-up lines. :o :o
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

User avatar
TGIF
Regular Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:12 pm
Location: Oak Park, Michigan

Post by TGIF »

Given their apparent age difference, it is doubtful that Quentyn would even try a non-cheesy pickup line with her.

TGIF

Starcat5
Regular Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Lagomorphica, Mn, USA
Contact:

Post by Starcat5 »

TGIF wrote:Given their apparent age difference, it is doubtful that Quentyn would even try a non-cheesy pickup line with her.

TGIF
...how old is he again? No, really. I suspect that when he's 50 (or equiv), he'll have a beard down to his neck line/chest, and STILL be short.

User avatar
Aurrin
Regular Poster
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:05 am

Post by Aurrin »

Both the volume (and mass) of the Rac'conan and the volume of the drink container would scale as the cube of height, so it all should still be in the same proportions, more or less. A mug of beer would do the same to a Rac'conan (on this assumption) as it would to a human, because they're proportionately the same.
Conquering the Universe, one class at a time...

User avatar
Yuoofox
Regular Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:56 am
Location: Florida, U.S.A.
Contact:

Post by Yuoofox »

Oim goin' Questor'n in the mornin'
Ding dong the bells are gonna choime!
Pull out the stopper!
Let's have a whopper!
But get me to the swamp on time!

User avatar
Yuoofox
Regular Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:56 am
Location: Florida, U.S.A.
Contact:

Post by Yuoofox »

That reminds me of the movie The Lion King 1 1/2, where Simba (adult) challenges Timon to a snail-slurping contest. (not for the faint of heart :-?) Timon puts up a very valient fight, slurping down at least 500 live snails, but in the end size wins out.

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

Yuoofox wrote:Oim goin' Questor'n in the mornin'
Ding dong the bells are gonna choime!
Pull out the stopper!
Let's have a whopper!
But get me to the swamp on time!
Cute, but he actually didn't go questoring for another two months.

And I wonder who else will be able to place the melody of that parody.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

User avatar
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1346
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Bethlehem PA
Contact:

Post by Kerry Skydancer »

It's not at all difficult. For us old codgers, anyway.

My Fair Lady, nie? Get Me To The Church On Time.
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.

User avatar
Jaydub
Regular Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:18 pm
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Post by Jaydub »

Yep I agree it is not that hard for us old codgers. It's from My Fair Lady. :)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

Post Reply