Perhaps this is alone my own twisted mind . . .

Postby The Swift Angel on Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:30 am

. . . but I REALLY want to feel Tristan's hair.
Maybe Michelle and Krista purposely made her hair that way to inspire readers to like Tristan not only for her charming (if sharp) wit, but also her looks too. It might be called for in her character design. Possibly, Tristan hasn't washed her hair in days.

Or maybe that's just the way her hair came out.

All the same, I still wanna grab a feel. It's like my girlfriend's hair--only red and without the slight frizz and wave hers seems to have. What's an otaku to do . . .
The Swift Angel

Postby Jonathan888 on Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:34 pm

Yeah, her hair *does* feel great. It has been washed though, it's just really thick and fine. I like the rose colored glasses too, great touch.
Jon-

"I've got a funny feeling about this..."
Jonathan888

Postby The Swift Angel on Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:06 pm

On 2002-03-30 13:34, jonathan888 wrote:
Yeah, her hair *does* feel great. It has been washed though, it's just really thick and fine. I like the rose colored glasses too, great touch.

YES! Thick and fine . . . ahhhh, what lovely words to describe such lovely hair! The glasses do provide a provactive, yet intellectual stimulus--the classic "I know more than you in the best ways" kind of attitude, yet tempered with such vibrant green eyes. They speak with such voice, just as they should, for Tristan seems a very emotionally-stable character, one that can speak with body language alone. The interaction with her mother showcased that talent perfectly.
I don't know why, exactly, but Tristan seems a more engaging character than Melody. Can't quite put a finger on it, but such is how it seems.
The Swift Angel

Postby Mandolin on Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:24 pm

I don't know why, exactly, but Tristan seems a more engaging character than Melody. Can't quite put a finger on it, but such is how it seems.

Well, in a sense, Tristan has had a bit more opportunity to DO anything in the comic; we've only actually seen Melody in the cemetery with Erik, and she's mainly served as emotional support for him so far. We've really only seen Mel in the context of her relationship to Erik, and she seems to be going with the flow, more of an observer than an active participant in the story.

Tristan, however, came into the storyline mainly on her own, and has been questioning and second-guessing things from the start. We've also had a chance to get inside her head, something we haven't been able to with Mel. I think she seems more engaging because Mel has been somewhat in the background, while Tristan's been dominating the spotlight since she first appeared.

Any of that make sense? :smile:
Mandolin (aka Chaos)
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall down an open manhole cover and die."
--Mel Brooks

Mandi's Weird Web Page: http://weirdweb.net
Nothing to See Here: http://weirdweb.net/comic
Mandolin

Return to Utukki