Any other mythical entities I should dredge up?

Postby Armament Armed Arm on Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:59 am

I want to make sure I've found data for everyone germane to the Utukki story. Admittedly, there are a few I haven't gotten around to yet (e.g. Anu), but I'd like to get a complete list for the next post...

So far, I've found data on the following (check one of my earliest posts, for those of you just comimg in):

--Apsu
--Tiamat
--Anshar
--Ishtar
--Namtar
--Ereshkigal
--Utukki (general; specifically Lamashtu and Ugallu)
--Anunnaki (general)
--Shedu
--Utnapishtim
----------
"Area Guard Name: Armament Armed Arm. Sub-name: It died three times, and was reborn twice."--Thunder Force V, when the A3 appears.
Armament Armed Arm
Regular Poster

Postby Misha on Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:59 pm

Well, again, this information would fall into the category of spoilers. There will be other dieties showing up from time to time, but which ones is a surprise. Feel free to post whatever you'd like, although I must say two things:

1) For ever story in mythology, (especially Babylonian) there are several versions which often contradict each other.

2) The most useful thing you can post is probably links to pages where information can be found.

Also, thanks for making the effort. Doing research and finding out what the stories really are has been one of the funnest parts of working on this series, but if I post the parts that I've personally found most interesting, it really would be a spoiler. ^-^
Michelle Thatcher<P><A HREF="http://utukki.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Utukki</A>
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
Misha
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Sat Mar 23, 2002 8:20 am

Whoa, that's what Indy said.

-Justin
P.S. - and X never EVER marks the spot.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

There's a tale in that...

Postby Armament Armed Arm on Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:08 am

I've heard that originally, Indiana Jones WAS supposed to be in a swordfight with that scimitar-wielder. One thing, though. Ford was suffering from a fever or the like, and didn't have the energy for a sufficiently energetic battle. And the schedule...So they decided to clip it into scimitar vs. glorified sling (well, that's how I like to think of guns...).
Armament Armed Arm
Regular Poster

well....

Postby Gilgamesh on Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:08 pm

Marduk of the 50 Names, slayer of Tiamat, keeper of Secrets, etc, etc

And hello all...yes I'm the husband of Ishtar: Goddess of Love, Fertility and War (of Furth). I'm the Demi-Lord of Neutrality in the Napping Cats Dream and of no relation to King Gilgamesh of Uruk...though on Furth, (an alternate furry world) he was named after me.

My wife got a new picture made, I'd like to show it off...shes so beautiful.

----
Karma...A real kick in the pants!
Gilgamesh
Regular Poster

:D

Postby Kartos on Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:18 pm

I can't think of anyone specific, but I have a link of myths. its a nice place

http://www.mythopedia.info/04-mesopotamia.htm

the main page has a ton of stuff.

Kartos
Kartos
Regular Poster