Huh.

Huh.

Postby Joshnickerson on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:04 pm

I thought you guys were long dead...
Joshnickerson
Regular Poster

Re: Huh.

Postby J-Dawg on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Amazing (and depressing) how the years fly by, isn't it? Long story short, got very much sidetracked by a new job---long hours but good pay. Got paid for drawing, so TS unfortunately fell by the way side. Lost the strip's entire fanbase, unfortunately, but it was a tough decision I had to make. I've revamped Coleman Elementary, and will probably be shuffling it in with the current running story. Might be a little weird for continuity, but full comic pages are quite time consuming, so 'Coleman' will hopefully break that up a little. BJ has talked about reviving JF, but is working on a collaboration separate from our collective strips with me that will see the light of the web in the spring.

So, Josh, what have you been up to in the comics world?
A ceramics minor? How useful.
J-Dawg
Regular Poster

Postby Joshnickerson on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Lord, lesse...

I ended The Nolans back in 2003, then revamped it back in 2006 with a new art style and have kept up thrice a week updates with it since, though I may have to take another extended hiatus in the next few months, depending on where my current job is headed... I had a comic run semi-regularly in the local paper for most of 2007, though sadly it eventually got crowded out by stick figure comics and one featuring talking piece of tofu... yeah, still a bit bitter. :lol: It ran under the name "Project Mayhem", I've got most of 'em posted here. Also got a Deviantart account and started experimenting with some new drawing styles, which has been really fun (if you ignore some of the more, er, disturbing artists on there...)

Otherwise, I've just been working at a graphic design job at a podunk little copy shop for the past four years... been trying to break into some freelance work, but I just can't seem to find any, so any tips would be appreciated. ;)

I'm looking forward to see what you crazy kids have been working on.
Joshnickerson
Regular Poster

Postby Grizzlar on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 am

Not all of the fan base is lost, Atleast one is still about, and was checking every couple months. Woo woo back again.
Grizzlar

Postby Zodo on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Make that Two! I was surprised to check the site tonight to find new stuff... months worth of new stuff! Yay!

Welcome back!

-Zodo, CI
Consummate Troublemaker
Still King of the Forum
Zodo
Cartoon Hero

Postby shadowfey on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Hurray, strips!
shadowfey

Postby Animeraider on Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 pm

I'd say there are a few of us left who check up from time to time - although admittedly I hadn't in about 6 months.... Regretting that now.

Congrats on the marriage!
If I didn't try.... How would I know, how would I know?
-T. Rundgren et al.
Animeraider
Regular Poster

Return to Tonja Steele