The State of the Strip address...Good news, really!

The State of the Strip address...Good news, really!

Postby J-Dawg on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:07 am

I'm currently having trouble getting into my strip through FTP. BJ worked some sort of computer magic to get the strip updated, and I'm now trying to figure out why the rest of the page didn't update. Until then, here's the skinny on the new story, since it just kind of drops you in...

Darron and Liza have somehow managed to go on their first official date. How this was managed between Darron being a chicken and Liza wanting to play the stupid game of "I'll let him make the first move", I don't know. But, never mind that. Here they are. Darron seems to think the point of a date is to get to know each other, while Liza isn't all too pleased with that idea. And at that, here's where the story begins.

A quick rehash of where everyone stands, in case you don't feel like going through the entire gallery again...

Darron--really thinks Liza is the cat's pajamas. He's to get a very rude awakening very soon.

Liza--thinks Darron is the cat's pajamas, until he starts asking pesky questions about her, the nerve of him. She'll quickly rediscover her repressed love of firearms.

Julie--is still bothered about this large man claiming to be "Betty Masters'" husband, and isn't all too pleased about the fact that Liza seems to be stringing Darron along. She'll have plenty of chances to ask Liza about this little tidbit.

Damien--just wants to spend alone time with his woman to atone for the lack of attention he's been paying her lately. That, and beat all her scores on "Guitar Hero" while she goes out on errands. He'll be quite excited, then confused, then angry when Julie starts spending more time with Liza than with him.

Tonja--after being inspired by Grand Theft Auto, she has decided to start a lucrative business with Mindy. It'll also be discovered that Tonja is very learned in fields that will come in handy for Darron in this story.

Mindy--continues to follow Tonja around and be cute, mostly wearing outfits she shouldn't, and carrying around giant props.

So, there you have it. Everybody's here, ready to get shot at, called names, lied to, and whatnot.

:twisted:
A ceramics minor? How useful.
J-Dawg
Regular Poster

yea

Postby Grizzlar on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Well it is great to see ya back, I admit i had almost given up on seeing the strip again, but yippeeee Hope we have a good run with funny stories, and you having fun doing them
Grizzlar

Postby Animeraider on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 am

Welcome back J-Dawg!
If I didn't try.... How would I know, how would I know?
-T. Rundgren et al.
Animeraider
Regular Poster

Postby MNsane on Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:19 am

YAY *does the Wisconsin twin gimpstick happy dance*
Member of I.W.W
I.U. 660
MNsane
Regular Poster

Postby MNsane on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:21 pm

repressed love of firearms eh?
wonder if Liza may be planning to do a bit of shopping on either gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com
Member of I.W.W
I.U. 660
MNsane
Regular Poster

How the hell does one update their frontpage nowadays??!!

Postby J-Dawg on Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:35 pm

For some stupid reason, Keenspace, or whatever they're calling themselves these days, doesn't allow my index template (aka my front page) to update. I have some kick ass new layouts/graphics to start putting up, and it won't let me! BJ managed to upload the comic itself in some roundabout way (also without FTP), but no luck with the index template. Any ideas out there?

:evil:
A ceramics minor? How useful.
J-Dawg
Regular Poster

Postby Hbomb on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, if you're looking for a change, I could host you on Snowflake (our new URL is snowflakestudios.info).

I'm glad to see that BJ could squeeze out a new comic, and I hope to see more from both of you soon.
Snowflake Studios, home of "Jerry Little", "Rainy Day Comics", "Scarlet, P.I.", "47 Meatballs", and more. Storming on the internet since 2000.
Hbomb
Regular Poster

Return to Tonja Steele