Yay for Chilean Death Pool!

Yay for Chilean Death Pool!

Postby Menshevik on Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:14 pm

And Steve goes right for the 8 ball. Naturally.

So are we ever going to see Himalayan Death Cribbage featured in a comic? I'm hoping for an entire series of death games. :-)
dmj.kyrie.eleison

Isn't <a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~qwirkir/nonsense.html">ancient nonsense</a> so much better than <a href="http://bin.yale.edu/~dmj8/">modern foolishness</a>?
Menshevik

Postby Nick Pavlovski on Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:43 pm

Is this a legit game?

If so, are there rules so I can inflict...whoops, introduce...it to others?
Nick Pavlovski
Regular Poster

Postby Menshevik on Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:18 am

Himalayan Death Cribbage, you mean? Yes, it does exist, and it ranks high on the list of the most ridiculous games in existance.

...I'll let Stefan introduce the rules, if he wants to, since I believe he is mostly responsible for their creation. I must warn you, it involves much less bodily injury than Death Pool does. There's probably versions of it that involve setting things on fire, though.
dmj.kyrie.eleison

Isn't <a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~qwirkir/nonsense.html">ancient nonsense</a> so much better than <a href="http://bin.yale.edu/~dmj8/">modern foolishness</a>?
Menshevik

Death Pool

Postby Zephulos on Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:54 pm

Himalayan Death Cribbage is much like normal Cribbage, except played on a board that resembles Chutes and Ladders. You score points/move at the end of pegging, the end of your hand, and the end of your crib. Movement starts to the left of the dealer (with the first person who starts). If you land on the same spot as someone, s/he gets bumped back one space, and his/her next crib counts negative. It's a lot of fun. I invented this game with my roommate's younger brother and good friend of mine, Quentin.
Chilean Death Pool - I attribute the invention of this, again, to Quentin, but the naming to me and Chris. It's a lot of fun. The complete set of rules follows:
Five balls may be on the table at a time. One of these is the cue ball.
If a ball goes off the table (not the cue ball), any player may enter a ball from one of his pockets. First player to get it out has control of that ball.
Stockpiling balls is illegal.
If the cue ball leaves play not into one of the corner pockets, the round is a draw, and a new round is started.
You are not allowed to touch the cue ball.
Points are scored when the cue ball is sunk in a corner pocket - point goes to the person opposite the pocket in question.

~Z~
Sometimes, we must consider the world works in ways unbeknownst to us.
Zephulos
Regular Poster

Postby Dromeda on Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:16 pm

uhm......what happened to that strip thing? it goes straight from pakistani marzipan locusts to road hockey. what happened to the chilean death pool?
Dromeda

Postby Darth Paradox on Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:44 pm

Dromeda wrote:uhm......what happened to that strip thing? it goes straight from pakistani marzipan locusts to road hockey. what happened to the chilean death pool?

I performed a "manual update" by replacing the front-page comic with the new one, because Keen's updater seems to be down. It should change soon, actually. If the updater starts working again.
-Darth Paradox

Scatterplot - a thrice-weekly webcomic

Show me the books he loves and I shall know the man far better than through mortal friends.
-S. Weir Mitchell
Darth Paradox
Regular Poster

Return to Scatterplot