Venting: I just got ripped off.

Postby DDave on Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:37 am

Howdy,

I just got ripped off on an Ebay auction. I won an auction for a set of the anime "Noir" DVDs, sent email back and forth about shipping costs with the seller (who had nothing but positive ratings), sent the money off via paypal and then nothing.

My email doesn't get returned. The seller's account has been "suspended" by Ebay in the last day or two, and the seller is in Hong Kong, safely out of reach.

While getting burned bothers me, I am actually more sad than anything. What a petty thing to do. I suppose I should be glad that it was just $40 bucks or so and not my car or computer. I should take it as an object lesson to value the fact I have friends who would never pull that shit on me.

But now I can't watch the Noir episodes, and that plain sucks.

Recently I have been on a story binge - reading and watching as many stories/amime/comics as I can. I often do this to charge the batteries and get inspired for writing and drawing Pander, and was looking forward to seeing those episodes.

Anyway, enough about that. I am sure you would rather me draw Pander than spend time venting.

Just be good to each other, ok?

Best,

Dave
DDave
Regular Poster

Postby DDave on Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:18 pm

Howdy,

Update. I contacted Paypal and lodged a complaint. After a couple of weeks, the seller finally got back to me saying he/she/it would return my money after I removed the complaint. Due the suspicious nature of the affair, I counter-proposed that I would remove the complaint after the money was returned. We'll see what happens.

Best,

Dave
DDave
Regular Poster

Postby DDave on Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:28 pm

Howdy,

Further update. The seller refunded me the money, and I have withdrawn my complaint. I still suspect I would have never received goods or money without Paypal's intervention.

I know Paypal takes lumps from folks, but they have done well by me so far.

Hmm. Money in the bank. What anime/manga to buy next....

Best,

Dave
DDave
Regular Poster

Return to Pander