End of Chapter Three image -

Postby Icewing on Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:21 am

I get back to the apartment, check my email, then think, "What am I missing? ... Oh yeah, check Pander."

Whoa.

Lau Tzu :smile: - Well that part seems pretty easy to relate to what Habibi has already undergone (and the twistiness that the ever inscrutable dDave intends to inflict on us in the future :smile:)

... Uhm... yeah. lessee, so there's symbolism, uhm...

awwwwwww, that's kinda cute, and then beware :smile: Pander-style symbolism kicks in.

Six levels of symbolism Dave says? Yeah, I believe that. But since it's Friday and my brain is on strike (ah, philosophy class :smile:) I'll just state the obvious and try to pass it off as an effort. I have noticed some significant elements in common between Habibi's and deCess' latest dreams. I'm sure this has something to say about their destiny, maybe it's a "shared" one.

The "wings" could represent the "protectection" that Habibi and deCess have by their shared experience and the mind meld therapy. The intimate connection that bond entails ins represented by the nudity--they're "naked" before each other('s minds? hearts? etc). Presumably physical clothing is not part of someone's "true being."

The placement of deCess' hands represents, figuratively, where she has "touched" Habibi's life (concerning the, uhm, recent trauma of our protagonist).

I just can't figure out why Habibi's eyes are glowing. Maybe it has something to do with her "power," but I'm not sure in which direction to take that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Icewing on 2002-03-23 00:28 ]</font>
Icewing

Postby DDave on Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:10 pm

Howdy,

I'll just state the obvious and try to pass it off as an effort.

Nice bit of analysis. It will be interesting to revisit this topic at the end of chapter four and see what you think then. :smile:

Best,

Dave
DDave
Regular Poster

Postby Icewing on Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:10 am

I'm not really an "art critic." I hope my honest up-front-ness about analytical slackerdom (the "effort" quote) was refreshing. :smile:

And I got the sketch in the mail today. That was awesome, thank you.
Icewing

Postby DDave on Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:16 am

Howdy,

On 2002-03-28 01:10, Icewing wrote:
I hope my honest up-front-ness about analytical slackerdom (the "effort" quote) was refreshing. :smile:

It was, it was. And should you every want to take a *serious* crack at it, there is still plenty of symbolism you didn't touch yet. :smile:

And I got the sketch in the mail today. That was awesome, thank you.

De nada. Thanks for reading Pander and keeping the forums alive.

Best,

Dave
DDave
Regular Poster

Return to Pander