Predictive Story Suppositions?

Postby DDave on Mon Jan 07, 2002 1:06 am

Howdy,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Edwardian:
<B>How guache would it be considered by the Forum if I were to post my suppositions on where I think the Pander</B> storyline is headed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, I doubt you would have too much influence on me, considering I am drawing strips one month ahead of time and the story is scripted for at least three or four. <P>If you nail a prediction - good for you. However, I suspect there are still a good number of surprises waiting in store....<P>Any kind of reasoned discourse is welcome.<P>Best,<P>Dave<P>------------------
-----------
dDave
<A HREF="http://pander.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Pander. A webcomic.</A>
DDave
Regular Poster

Postby The Edwardian on Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:16 am

Wow... "Scripted a month ahead"...<P>So I shouldn't worry about having an 'undue influence'? Good!<P>- My current 'predictive supposition' revolves around how <B>Habibi</B> could possibly be rescued...<P>Now, mind you, this is all conjecture... Feel free to comment or not.<P><B>Mihail</B>'s comment about <B>Raj</B> bothers me. Bothers me to the point where I can believe that both <B>Raj</B> and <B>Gri</B> might be "peers" on the same 'existential' realm, or possibly not peers, but they know eachother, since they revolve around similar 'spheres of influence and cognition'...<P>So, how do I think <B>Habibi</B> will be saved? Here is my currently working theory:<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> <B>Mihail</B>, <B>Raj</B>, or another <I>p3rky_grrl.com</I> fanboy breaks into <B>Habibi</B>'s Web-Cam server again, and finds the 'footprints' of the first 'hacker'.<P><LI> <B>Raj</B> or other pays a visit to this 'hacker', and convinces him that it is in his own self-interest and bodily configuration to reveal who he sold the 'Access Information' to <B>Habibi</B>'s Web-Cam server too.<P><LI> <B>Raj</B> contacts <B>Gri</B> in San Fran., who intercedes on <B>Habibi</B>'s behalf, and pays some "<I>DEMWA</I>" to "<B>Clem</B>"...
</UL><P>However, the above will probably have to happen quickly, unless "<B>Clem</B>" intends to keep <B>Habibi</B> alive for a long while... It still would have to happen quickly in this case as well, if <B>Habibi</B> is to maintain her sanity...<P>'What about <B>Jun</B>'? I haven't a clue... Unless he is able to cypher the <I>true</I> source of the D.O.S. attack against his server(s?), and somehow launch a 'commando raid' against the perpetrator... However, for some reason, I consider this unlikely... Don't ask me why... Just a feeling.
<p>[This message has been edited by The Edwardian (edited 01-07-2002).]
The Edwardian
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:05 am

I think Habibi's computer has an access code to transform it into a mobile armor mech-suit, which Mihail will be able to use to fly to San Fran (because the suit has jet boosters, naturally). Mihail (in the suit) wil then be able to harness the power of the sun to create a light-refraction triangulation system, in order to track down Jun, who also has a mech suit for some reason. <P>THEN there will be an awesome battle miles above the city, and eventually Mihail and Jun will realize the misunderstanding, and that their goals are one and the same. They will then team up (in mechsuits still) to track down Habibi, her assailant and the mysterious hacker. Clem will be arrested on charges of kidnapping and sexual assault, but the mysterious hacker will fly away on his magic carpet, cackling madly all the while.<P>(If I'm giving away too much of the story, just don't answer, Dave, and I'll know.)<P>-Justin<P>
------------------
<A HREF="http://killroyandtina.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Killroy & Tina</A><p>[This message has been edited by justinpie (edited 01-07-2002).]
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby The Edwardian on Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:35 pm

Another question...<P>How guache would it be considered by the Forum if I were to post my suppositions on where I think the <B>Pander</B> storyline is headed?<P>The reason I ask is that I have found such to be a "double/triple-edged sword" in fora:<P>On the positive hand, posting predictive suppositions can open up avenues of debate on the possibilities and probabilities of what could happen next in the story...<P>However, on the negative hand, if the author is participating in the forum, predictive suppositions too close to the 'mark' can adversely affect the story, with the author concerned over being "too predictable"...<P>And on the negative 'gripping' hand, I have sparked off one or two 'flame wars' on forums when I run headlong into opposing points of view...<P>So it appears I have answered my own question, "keep it to myself".
The Edwardian
Regular Poster

Postby Icewing on Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:10 pm

Okay, the portly rapist guy was shot in the head, wasn't he??
Icewing

Postby DDave on Tue Feb 19, 2002 12:36 pm

Howdy,

On 2002-02-18 23:10, Icewing wrote:
Okay, the portly rapist guy was shot in the head, wasn't he??

It would seem that way.

Best,

Dave
DDave
Regular Poster

Postby Icewing on Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:19 pm

"would SEEM," hmmmmm? :smile: That doesn't tell us anything, technically :smile: AH-HA!! there's the inscrutable enigmatic reply that we've come to expect from this dDave.
Icewing

Postby DDave on Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:39 am

Howdy,

On 2002-02-20 22:19, Icewing wrote:
AH-HA!! there's the inscrutable enigmatic reply that we've come to expect from this dDave.

Just be glad I haven't started in on the non-sequiters yet. Otherwise I'd be only on a frozen deposit to singing the signposts down the evergreen.

Best,

Dave
DDave
Regular Poster

Postby Icewing on Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:34 am

On 2002-02-22 10:39, dDave wrote:
Just be glad I haven't started in on the non-sequiters yet. Otherwise I'd be only on a frozen deposit to singing the signposts down the evergreen.

... my... brain... hurts

(in a good way :smile:, heheh)
Icewing

Return to Pander