Hello, all you happy people

Hello, all you happy people

Postby Lemar on Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:38 pm

Sorry about the unimiginative title, but I'm hoping to get at least one person's attention. My name, as you can see, is Lemar (or, at least, it is the assumed name I shall use on the internet) and I am here to say that the sprite art on this the Spriteshow! comic is fantastic. I have seen a lot of sprite comics, and this is, by far, the most original sprite work I have seen.
Now, this brings me to my question to Terra: (I pray she may read this, as it seems silence is paramount around here) How do you suggest an up-and-comic sprite comic writer goes about making his own original work? I have downladed the sprite images on the site, for experimental purposes, and have made two original character sheets.
One of the characters' name is Lemar. He is basically a Bartz sprite, with the dancer body, recoloured clothes, and a cool-looking bandana. For the front and back views (which are missing from darn FFV) I used a Locke sprite, much recoloured.
The other, although I believe unfinished for now, is Shine. She is a Faris sprite as dragoon, but with a helmet-less head, and red hair. I do not feel they are all that original, as they are just cut from each of the other sprites and pasted on. They do not look like I made them myself, they just look, well, normal. I just wish for a little sage advice from Terra.

Also, on a different note (sort of), my sprite comic needs a name. The basic plot is 4 heroes must stop a man from cloning the most powerful fighters in the world to make a super army. This sprite comic is meant to be humorous at times, but serious as well. Keep that in mind. Thank you for ANY input you guys can give me, and I am sorry if I step on people's toes by making such requests and only speaking of myself on someone elses forum.
(Also, I will post the actual sprites, but only if people actually respond, as this forum seems to not always have people on.)
P.S. My avatar is my Lemar sprite.
Also, (again) what is your suggestion of a program to use to make comics? Photoshop seems to be the weapon of choice among many sprite comic artists (you and the author of 8-bit theater seem to use it) but I was hoping for a good one that doesn't cost me a lot of money... I have been using MSPaint, but I believe it has reached it's limitiations. Thanks again.
Lemar

Postby Lemar on Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:03 am

Sorry to double-post, even after so long a time. But, I do have something to say. I want to thank Terra for being my muse of inspiration while making my own comic. It was her that got me into making my own sprites, even if they aren't the most fantastic. I have been making my comic for about a month now and have resided in the Bob and George forums for that time. I just want to reiterate my thanks to Terra for being the inspiration for me to start spriting. Thank you.
Lemar

Return to Sprite Show!