Pizza Saturday !!!!!

Postby Lazy on Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:05 am

We have a day but not a place for a pizza night. Any suggestions you other Calgary people ?
The day is next Friday or Saturday. The 15th or 16th of Feb. THat's the start of reading week. So Sarah and I have the day free.<P>------------------
ROBOTS ! WITH THEIR OWN COMIC ! MAYHEM !!
<A HREF="http://lazyscomics.atp.cx/?a=6" TARGET=_blank>Sunday Morning Coffee's Robots Exposed</A>
and some other stuff too.<p>[This message has been edited by Lazy (edited 02-09-2002).]
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:54 am

First off,
*whacks justin over the head with a wet haddock*
Heeheehee smartass! ;P
Reading week is what they call spring break up here.<P>I'll be there on Friday, wherever there is...as long as it's not BP's on 17th *shudder*. Someplace central would be good, and hopefully a place that accommodates smoking...but not BP's on 17th.
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:17 am

BP ???
you actually went to a BP ??
EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW<P>I never admit to going into a Pizza Yuk, let alone BP ...... crud....<P><P>------------------
ROBOTS ! WITH THEIR OWN COMIC ! MAYHEM !!
<A HREF="http://lazyscomics.atp.cx/?a=6" TARGET=_blank>Sunday Morning Coffee's Robots Exposed</A>
and some other stuff too.
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:53 am

I was drunk.<P>(Oh that's your excuse for everything...and it's never even true!)<P>Shuddup brain!
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:40 am

In America, we read every week.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:58 am

It's gonna be Friday then. Acelin said he can come Friday. Someplace that's good for everyone.Jim is suggesting Red Robin in Kensington. That sound like a good place ? It's near the C-train too. But it lacks free parking.
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:53 am

In America, we have our Spring Break in the spring.<P>What's a BP?
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby FatherTim on Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:09 am

Red Robin, Kensington, Friday the 15th at 7:30-ish?<P>I'll be there, and I'll bring the S.O.<P>
<P>------------------
Ooh, naughty tentacle!
FatherTim
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:48 am

We don't need a spring break. We finish in April. That IS THE SPRING !!! SO we have a SPRING OUT !!! WOO!!! much better.<P>BP == boSTONED Pizza.
worst pizza since Pizza Yuk. <P>{why are my topping crawling around ??}<P>7:30pm sounds good for me. I'll go for any normal pizza topping, except onions and peppers.
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Zubkavich on Mon Feb 11, 2002 6:55 am

Sounds great! 7:30 at Red Robin's on Friday<P>I'll be there!<P>------------------
Jim Zubkavich
------------------
The Makeshift Miracle
http://www.makeshiftmiracle.com
------------------
Zubkavich
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:25 am

Okay. I need to know how many are going to come. We might need to make a reservation. For that I need to have a number. So far there are 6 of us.
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:28 am

Okeydoke, I've been to that Red Robins a couple times.<P>But yes, that's why we call it "reading week" rather than spring break. Somehow going for a skiing holiday on "spring break" just doesn't seem right.
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby The Hammurabi on Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:42 am

What, exactly is wrong with BP's? Okay, granted, the one in Dalhousie tends to hire staff suffering an overdose of <I>dumkopf</I>(sp?). And the Falconridge franchise seems to object to people sitting and having a leisurely lunch after the crowd has dispersed. And the Memorial Drive location alters/forgets/changes entirely one order in four.<P>I thought there was another outlet in Crowfoot, but maybe I'm confusing it with the Outhouse...er, Outback Steakhouse.<P>In the interests of fairness, the BP in Cochrane usually does a good job of it.<P>Nothing wrong with Dead Robin (at least, here in Cowtown). Unfortunately, I must present my regrets. I start my on-call week on Friday, which invariably means any social plans get trod on...unless I don't make any, in which case I never get called out. And I guarantee you there is no parking in Kensington on a Friday night for a 3-ton truck, free or otherwise, anyway.<P>Cheers, all.<P>------------------
May I see some IQ, please?
The Hammurabi
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:37 am

OKay. I have a reservation set up at RR, friday 7:30pm. Party of 8.<P>If there are more poeple coming that's fine too. <P>I'm gonna bring some of Rudi's Deathworld "Ashcans" comic books so every one can have a look. Cause Rudi can't be there; unless some one has a teleporticating device handy.<P>if you need or want to talk to me further, you can reach me on ICQ: 99294327
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:30 am

Okey Doke...is it in smoking?
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Wed Feb 13, 2002 6:37 am

In all the times I've been to Boston, I've never heard of Boston Pizza. Maybe since they're already in Boston, it's just called "Pizza."
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby FatherTim on Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:30 am

Bad news, the S.O. and I might have to go to a funeral that day instead. I'll let you know as soon as I know.<P>This sucks; people shouldn't die.
FatherTim
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:33 pm

That's too bad Hammurabi, though trying to park a 3-ton truck in Kensington on a Friday night would certainly be amusing!<P>Father Tim, I'm sorry to hear that someone you (or your S.O.) know died.<P>Maybe we'll get together again some other time.
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Zubkavich on Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:28 am

I understand your concern, Sarah... but I honestly don't think it'll be that bad.<P>I really doubt more than a few people will show up for it. It's not going to be a stampede of people, as far as I can tell.<P>If it gets a little busy, we'll obviously move it upstairs to the lounge or the like. I don't want you to feel like you're being pushed out or anything like that. If Richard wants to expand it a bit, he can always open up the reservation to accomodate 4-6 more people, just in case.<P>I've pulled the news bit off my main page to insure we don't get flooded. I'll e-mail individuals instead.<P>------------------
Jim Zubkavich
------------------
The Makeshift Miracle <A HREF="http://www.makeshiftmiracle.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.makeshiftmiracle.com</A>
------------------<p>[This message has been edited by Zubkavich (edited 02-14-2002).]
Zubkavich
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:04 am

I'm just going by past experience. The more people in a group, the worse the service gets...almost no matter where you go. So far I've only ever been to one restaurant where a large group of us was treated very well. I'm not just talking about rowdy geek meets either, it's happened at large family outings as well.<P>I have a psuedo theory about it:
The more people in a group,
=The more people the server has to keep track of and the higher the noise level from that table
=The more annoyed the server gets
=The ruder the sever gets
=The poorer the service
=The less she/he gets tipped and the server begins to think that large groups aren't worth the meager tip they get out of it
=The more inclined the service is to be bad no matter how rowdy or well behaved a large group is.<P>Anyway, that was my main concern about it. I have a very low tolerance for bad restaurant experiences. That's why I suggest the lounge if there's going to be any more than the eight that Lazy reserved. They seem to take on big groups with better grace.
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Ceph