A Makeshift Hello

Postby Zubkavich on Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:37 am

Hi,<P>Richard Penner (of <A HREF="http://lazyscomics.atp.cx/?a=6" TARGET=_blank>Robots Exposed</A>) sent me an e-mail after he discovered that I lived in Calgary. He mentioned that there were a few other web comic people from Calgary out there and yours was included in his list.<P>So, I thought I'd swing by, check out your site and say "Hello". <P>It looks like you've got some neat stuff here and a unique vision to deliver. I hope you're successful with your web comic and that you find a rich and entertaining audience for your work.<P>Wow, rereading that last paragraph made it sound all formal like, anyways... best of luck.<P>Take care,
------------------
Jim Zubkavich
------------------
<A HREF="http://miracle.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>The Makeshift Miracle</A>
------------------<p>[This message has been edited by Zubkavich (edited 01-03-2002).]
Zubkavich
Regular Poster

Postby FatherTim on Thu Jan 03, 2002 9:47 am

Jim! Topper! Prince Tate! Byron! Mr. Zubkavich! Guy with too many names!<P>Yeah, that last one. Hey Jim, glad to see you wandered on in here. Make yourself at home; I did.<P>Sarah, this is Jim. Jim, meet Sarah. It *is* a small world after all.<P>
<P>------------------
"I hope you don't screw like you type." - Angelina Jolie, <I>Hackers</I>
FatherTim
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:53 am

Cool, you know I thought for the longest time I was the only one. We'll all have to band together and put this city on the map!
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:59 am

That's an idea. I haven't had sushi in a while.
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Zubkavich on Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:13 am

Ditto... I assumed the same thing when I started up.<P>I was actually thinking it would be neat to get together at a pub one night to blab or all go for dinner and talk comics. Not sure when, but it's a thought anyways.<P>Hey Father Tim, long time no see. Hope you're doing well.
<P>------------------
Jim Zubkavich
------------------
The Makeshift Miracle
http://www.makeshiftmiracle.com
------------------
Zubkavich
Regular Poster

Postby FatherTim on Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:52 am

Ya know, it sounds like we've got another sushi night in the offing. Sushi Ichiban, MacLeod Tr and 40th Ave S does a great all-you-can eat sushi special Sundays through Thursdays for $20. Sometime in the next week or two I'm going to drag Sarah there if it kills her. Why don't you all come join us?<P>
<P>------------------
FatherTim
Regular Poster

Postby Celephais on Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:57 am

hey, don't forget about your northern neighbours! I wanna come play too!
<P>------------------
Rudi Gunther ---------
<A HREF="http://www.fuddafudda.com" TARGET=_blank>Deathworld</A> - the comic
Celephais
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:58 am

I have a knack of getting people introduced to other people, when I am introduced to people.<P>For so long, I thought I was all alone. For a while indeed I was alone. I'm glad to see you all joining me. I knew you were there. Just didn't know where or who.<P>We can thank Acelin and his buds for tagging you for me to find.<P>*ACKKKK ! he said my real name !! Now every one will know me !!! THis could be the end of the world *
<P>------------------
ROBOTS ! WITH THEIR OWN COMIC ! MAYHEM !!
<A HREF="http://lazyscomics.atp.cx/?a=6" TARGET=_blank>Sunday Morning Coffee's Robots Exposed</A>
and some other stuff too.
Oh, to be the only webcomic from Calgary. I'M SO LONELY !!!
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:00 am

hmmm...
I gotta change that sig now.<P>I'd go for pizza ! Oriental Food and I don't get along.
<p>[This message has been edited by Lazy (edited 01-04-2002).]
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:42 am

Don't worry Rudi, you aren't forgotten! Hail all Alberta! (^-^)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lazy:
<B>ACKKKK ! he said my real name !! Now every one will know me !!! THis could be the end of the world</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I hope not! It's where I keep all my stuff!
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:21 am

Um...that won't do. I have a class every Tuesday at 7:00 pm. The only Tuesday I'll be able to make is this week on the 8th.<P>Heh, I know Acelin too.<p>[This message has been edited by Sarah Huntrods (edited 01-05-2002).]
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Lazy on Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:57 am

Sorry. No can do for me. I don't eat oriental food. (gives me the barfies). And, I'm broke. I was thinking Pizza, next month some time.<P>I ain't on keenspace, not any more, anyways. Does this mean I can't be in the group ?<P><P>------------------
ROBOTS ! WITH THEIR OWN COMIC ! MAYHEM !!
<A HREF="http://lazyscomics.atp.cx/?a=6" TARGET=_blank>Sunday Morning Coffee's Robots Exposed</A>
and some other stuff too.
Lazy
Regular Poster

Postby FatherTim on Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>We can thank Acelin and his buds for tagging you for me to find.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Waitaminute! *I'm* one of Acelin's buds... doh! The world just keeps on shrinking.<P>Based on previous experience I'm going to skip asking "when would be a good time to get together for sushi" and just pick one. I hereby declare that the Keenspace Comic Collective shall gather at Sushi Ichiban on *TO BE ANNOUNCED*. Come one, come all, 'cause Father Tim's buying...<P>...for himself, so you should all bring money!<P>
------------------
"I hope you don't screw like you type." - Angelina Jolie, <I>Hackers</I><p>[This message has been edited by FatherTim (edited 01-06-2002).]
FatherTim
Regular Poster

Postby FatherTim on Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:56 am

Okay, how about Thursday the 17th, Sarah? Is that good for you or is your class Tuesdays and Thursdays?<P>Oh, and the second gathering of the KCC will take place at a location with non-oriental food so that all may partake and enjoy.<P>
<P>------------------
FatherTim
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Sun Jan 06, 2002 2:36 am

What's wrong with this Tuesday?
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby FatherTim on Sun Jan 06, 2002 9:42 am

For me and you, nothing; for people who actually *have* a life... wait a minute, we're talking about online comic artists. Like we need to worry about *them* having a life. Okay, this Tuesday it is.<P>Tuesday, January 8th at 7:00pm at Sushi Ichiban (Macleod Tr and 40th Ave S). Look for the people drawing on the table.<P>
<P>------------------
Ooh, naughty tentacle!
FatherTim
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Sun Jan 06, 2002 10:02 am

Alrighty, and I'll have to go for pizza or something with Lazy later.
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Postby Rask on Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:02 am

[Holds his hands up and sighs]<P>Yes, I'll admit to being one of Acelin's buds, too...
Rask

Postby Justinpie on Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:57 am

Am I the only American who does a webcomic?<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://killroyandtina.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Killroy & Tina</A>
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Sarah Huntrods on Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:25 am

Heh, hehheheh
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaa!
Only American!?!
Bwahahahahaha!
*gasp!* Ack! Can't breath! Sides...hurt!
Sarah Huntrods
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Ceph