Morons and outdoor cats

Morons and outdoor cats

Postby Wench on Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:39 pm

Earlier today heard a cat whining constantly. I was outside and noticed how the cat didn't have any collar on it (it's outside for Christ's sake!) and Teresa noticed how thin it was (definitely hadn't eaten in awhile.) So we took it to the nearest animal shelter, figuring it would be the right thing to do.

However, the blonde bitch that answered the door wouldn't take it because it was "probably somebody's cat." Since we couldn't definitively say the cat was a stray, she refused to take it. At the end of the conversation she did say there wasn't a cage for it, but it was strongly implied she wouldn't still wouldn't have taken the cat.

How the hell can someone say for sure that an animal is a stray (if a lack of collar isn't enough proof?) Does it have to wear a sign, saying, "I'm homeless?" If someone (most likely a complete fuckwit) did own this cat, they sure as hell weren't feeding it.

Now back to the blonde bitch; she said most of the time, when they take in cats "like this one" the owner calls the next morning and says, "Did someone bring my cat again?" (AGAIN? Why the hell are you letting you cat out and why the hell aren't you putting any fucking ID on your pet? If you don't give a rat's ass, why don't you just give the cat up a shelter? After all, you would know that this cat no longer has an owner.) Then the bitch said, "You can put an ad in the paper, and see if anyone comes forward." 1, I have two cats and I don't want to expose them to any deadly diseases like Feline Leukemia or FIV. So, we can't keep the cat here. 2, Why does my apartment have to function like a charity when the local animal shelter can't even perform the most basic of functions?

After wasting all our time at that craphole, we tried going over to the vet's. Closed! So the only option was to let it out where we found it and hope the owners pick it up. And if I find the corpse of this cat, that animal shelter is damn well going to find some space for it-right at their front door!

BTW, we don't live in Kentucky.
Wench
Regular Poster

Postby Redmenace5 on Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:58 am

We
Teeeeeam Firework! A three-man dynamo for all your firework related needs! Engineer, Sparky! Technician, Pyro! And manager, King Aelf, Lord of the Little People!

Team Firework: Lighting up the Skies with Elfin Flame!

http://fantasticalbestiary.keenspace.com
Redmenace5
Regular Poster

Postby Redmenace5 on Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:04 am

Oh, and smack that bitch one for me, too.

The owner
Teeeeeam Firework! A three-man dynamo for all your firework related needs! Engineer, Sparky! Technician, Pyro! And manager, King Aelf, Lord of the Little People!

Redmenace5
Regular Poster

Adopt a kitty ^_^

Postby Mechafroggie on Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:17 pm

At Otakon, there was a girl going around the convention adopting kitties. Mind you, they were rabid anime fans with costume cat ears, but it was damn cute. Everytime I saw her, she had more kitties. When she had a dozen or so they even did the Meow Mix jingle.

Yeah, I know it has nothing to do with this subject, but it needed to be said! Kitty girls are sooo adorable!!
\\\
(. .)
-(_)--Ooo--------
"I love power. But it is as an artist that I love it. I love it as a musician loves his violin, to draw out its sounds and chords and harmonies."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Mechafroggie

Postby Redmenace5 on Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:26 am

Just out of morbid curiosity - and I know this is taking the whole thing even more off topic - you know if there are any anime cons in northern California? I

Redmenace5
Regular Poster

Postby Wench on Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:39 pm

The Kentucky comment- well, that was just a bad week for animals. First, I hear about the kitten that burned to death on the grill, then I see a videotape on the news showing one of Kentucky's animal shelter workers putting pound dogs down by shooting them in the head (and this wasn't illegal-although that will probably change.) Why the hell did Kentucky think that shooting these dogs was humane? Makes you wonder what else goes on down there.
Wench
Regular Poster

Postby Redmenace5 on Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:48 am

A kitten burned to death on a grill?? What the hell?

In other news, all bet all those fried chickens there probably aren

Redmenace5
Regular Poster

Postby Wench on Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:48 pm

Here's a link to the story about the kitten burned on the grill:

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/kc1/news/stories/news-156201220020716-170721.html
Wench
Regular Poster

Return to Horseshoes and Handgrenades