Bishie or real chick? Will Mory find out the easy way?

Winter

Bishie or real chick? Will Mory find out the easy way?

Post by Winter »

Hey, lookie there... a goth-y, bisexual butterfly boy, a gay boy, and now an androgyne.

...Are you trying to get my attention or something? I mean, really, what else do you add to a webcomic to get me to read it ^^;;

(for those of you who will be confused by this post, please reference <a href="http://mory.keenspace.com/comics/mory20 ... g">here</a>)
Vaguely disturbing, gender-bending cat-demon

Eslington
Regular Poster

Post by Eslington »

Winter! Yay! *Huggles*
Don't close your heart

Eslington
Regular Poster

Post by Eslington »

*Tries to work it out*

Hmm... it's a toughy. Raiden is a little taller than Mory's Friend, and presumably the same age, so I'd tend to guess Raiden's a guy. Or a tall gal. Either way I'm happy. ^_^

Also consider Raiden says "Miladies" which kinda suggests to me that Raiden's a guy. Berty probably also has some kinda bishie-sensing power, so there's more signs pointing to Raiden being an effeminate male.
Don't close your heart

ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Post by ZOMBIE USER 5255 »

*Laughs!!* Trust me... Raiden is actually a very old character whom I thought deserved some light again. And Raiden is not a hermaphrodite, for any who would try to weasle out of the discussion... Raiden is a specific gender, either a girl or a boy, but I don't feel like disclosing which it is. XD I'm accepting guesses, however.

Ona-Rama

Post by Ona-Rama »

Hehehehee...more people are exposed to the puzzle that is Raiden! Hazaah~! :D :D :D

*glomps Raiden* I missed you!

Winter

Post by Winter »

"And Raiden is not a hermaphrodite, for any who would try to weasle out of the discussion..."

*Pouts*
Well there goes my guess.

And is it just cooincidence, or was there some other reason the gender-confusing character showed up when i started reading this comic again? I mean, really!
I'm like -the- gender confusing person... just ask Eslington! =^.^=

Eslington
Regular Poster

Post by Eslington »

Winter wrote: I'm like -the- gender confusing person... just ask Eslington! =^.^=
It's true. ^_^
Don't close your heart

Winter

Post by Winter »

Oh, and as to my guess- i'm going with 'male' because i immediately thought 'female' when i saw Raiden. Furthermore, Raiden is a male name. Besides that, it wouldn't be amusing if it was a girl who was being 'mistaken' for a girl ^.~

But perhaps that's just me.

ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Strange... The previous community exposed to Raiden all thought s/he was a female, and most Mory people seem to find Raiden to be a man. My work here is done. XD

Winter

Post by Winter »

*Shrugs* i really can't say. I'm not getting any real 'pings' from my gender-sense (certainly not the same way i noticed the gay characters were gay) and i don't have enough to analyze (either appearance or actions) to make a realistic guess. In short, as Sherlock Holmes might put it, any speculation on my part would be an excersize in pointlessness. I need more facts before i can draw conclusions.

But then again, nobody can determine whether i'm male or female- so i guess i deserve to be confused once in a while ^.~

(Two additional notes: If Raiden would have been introduced without the commentary by Berty, i would have assumed that Raiden was female. It's the commentary that is making me suspicious.
Additionally, i thought Mory was male for about the first fifty comics i read ^.~
How low the mighty have fallen, eh? *grins*)

thelizardgirl
Regular Poster

Post by thelizardgirl »

dude, i totally thought mory was a boy too, until i read the cast page. this went on for months, and i was constantly feeling like i was missing something and i couldn't figure out what.

anyway. my guess is female, for raiden. just cuz.

Flurf
Regular Poster

Post by Flurf »

i agree with mory's approach - what's wrong with asking? :p

yay box juice.
<I>It is good to be well known, but it is better to be known as strange.</I>
- Takeshi Kaga

Zeth

Post by Zeth »

WOW!

I always thought Mory female, maybe becuase I'm male and she didn't really suit anyone I knew or me or any real male figure, but then there are those odd few XD.

I'm gonna say Raiden is a male because he just is!

~#~Zeth~#~
The person who said nothing is impossible was an idiot, have you ever tried slamming a revolving door?

Profile Picture courtesy Toxic Candy (Nny from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac)

Ahayweh
Regular Poster

Post by Ahayweh »

I seem to remember thinking Mory was male, and I know one of my friends did, too. I'm hoping Raiden is female, just because we have a lot of bishie guys in here already, and while you can obviously never have too many bishies, if you have a lot you might run out of whipped cream or something.

I've had gender problems in webcomics before- when I first read the It's Walky! archives, I cheered that someone was including a geeky gamer girl in their comic- waaaait. Alex is a guy?
I've been enlisted to plug a webcomic called Strawberry Tokyo Girls (though it has nothing to do with strawberries and isn't set in Tokyo) because I color it, and the artist/writer doesn't have a net connection. So. Visit http://strawberry.keenspace.com so I can tell the artist I'm doing my job.

ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Well... I knew a couple of people had gender troubles with Mory, but it's hard to show someone as female in my style when their eyes and torso are covered ^^; But at least it got ironed out..

Winter

Post by Winter »

Actually, i probably wouldn't have been as interested if it weren't for determining whether Mory was male or female... but i'm weird like that ^.~

TrueRaijin
Regular Poster

Post by TrueRaijin »

Tis the eternal question, you see. People are more intrested, when others are confuzed. ^^

Mordain

Post by Mordain »

For what it's worth, I'll toss in my vote that Raiden's female.

I figured that if I wanted to say something I should do so before we find out ^_^.

On another note, I assumed Mory was female from the beginning, but for an entirely wrong reason. The first time I looked at the name of the comic I thought her name was "Mary". Silly me. *feels dumb admitting this ^^;;;*

~Mordain

HiRider
Regular Poster

Post by HiRider »

My friend Icefox guesses that Raiden is Female.

I however, have no guess to make.
MIRACLE MAX: Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do.
INIGO: What's that?
MIRACLE MAX: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Risawn
Regular Poster

Post by Risawn »

Just becuase, well, since we might be finding out here soon, I'll just put my guess in that Raiden is a female too.

I have to admit I've run into this circumstance once. My car broke down on a busy street and I couldn't get a hold of anyone, and this couple came by and offered me a lift. I wasn't sure if they were lesbians or not or if one of them was a guy. If it was a guy, he kind of had a high voice and he wasn't very big. I was very self conscious about the whole thing, I was waiting for some clue to help me out. But they were very nice, I wanted to give them some sort of thanks for helping me. I think the one even had a name that could go either way. To this day, I am still clueless as to what they were.

Of course, I get a few of those kind of people through my checkout everyonce in a while. I generally try to see on a check or credit card or something. I hate it because sometimes I'll say "hello sir," and then I get a closer look and it's a woman, or vice versa. Gads, how embarrassing! To save myself any trouble I try to leave out any gender referencing.

Anybody else ever experience this kind of problem before?