how odd...

how odd...

Postby Flurf on Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:53 am

so i wake up this morning to head out to school, and outside the weather is very strange. the sky is grey and overcast, and i can tell it isn't a smoggy haze. looking further, there's this wet stuff falling from the sky. and on the ground, there are these, what do you call them, puddles?

this isn't supposed to happen in los angeles! but it makes for a nice change from 'sunny and hot' every day. autumn is truly nifty. ^_^

if only people down here would learn to drive properly in the rain, it'd be really nice...
<I>It is good to be well known, but it is better to be known as strange.</I>
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Postby Risawn on Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:42 pm

You think people driving in the rain is bad. Try taking a couple of floridians and let them drive in the snow! Or even spokanites (who are awful drivers to begin with!). You get some scary stuff!
Risawn
Regular Poster

Postby HiRider on Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:43 pm

Lol. get just about anyone raised in the south to drive in snow and they will fail. In Tennessee the most snow we get is a few centimeters and even that messes everyone up. I don't want to imagine if they were to go somewhere like Michigan in the middle of the winter.

Then, if there is a snow warning, most people down here RUSH to the grocery stores. They RUSH and then we only get a few centimeters. the last time their RUSH was even the tiniest bit good was the year of the Perfect Storm(the one that movie is based off of). That gave us a blizzard, in TENNESSEE!
MIRACLE MAX: Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do.
INIGO: What's that?
MIRACLE MAX: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

HiRider
Regular Poster

Postby Flurf on Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:03 am

snow? i'm still under the impression that this mythic 'snow' stuff you speak of exists only in hollywood productions... :p

i don't even want to think about how l.a. drivers would act in snow. let's not even go there.

we have trouble enough in fog. there were accidents down in long beach a few days ago that involved ~200 cars because it was fogged in and people here have no concept of safe driving under adverse conditions. see what i mean?
<I>It is good to be well known, but it is better to be known as strange.</I>
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Return to Mory's Education