Bizarre...

Bizarre...

Postby Eslington on Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:28 am

If we can't have Nigel X Flick...

Maybe we should have Nigel x Guyth hm? ^_^
Wings!! ^_^!!

Guyth is cool too. I like his wings, his gothy clothes and that nifty shade of purple hair! ^_^
Eslington
Regular Poster

Postby Risawn on Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:44 am

I don't get shounen-ai. No really, I don't get it at all.

I guess I'm not really into that whole picture of two guys dooking it out in that matter. Of course, this comes from a 21 year old virgin.
Risawn
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:38 pm

...Uh, no. *laughs* Guyth IS bisexual, for the record, but you will not see him in the getting of the nookie. And Nigel is not gay.

Do not fret, my little Mory Minions... For the 40-some percent of you who seem to seek an s-ai coupling, I might have a little something for you shortly..

And Ris... It's best said that Shounen-ai is like Apple Jacks. We don't know why we like it.. We just do. :D
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby Eslington on Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:39 pm

Wahoo! Bisexuality makes him even cooler! Why? It just does. ^_^

And I look foreward to whatever you have in store, Eto.
Even if it isn't hot wingy roommate action.

And I know why I like shounen-ai. It's normally written by girls tend to be better at writing romantic and cute stories, as they are interested in such things. Characters also tend towards the prettier side of bishounen, which I prefer, and tend not to be like real men (IE: Less interest in football, beer, naked women, big cars and explosions) so there's an escapism aspect too.

Mind you, I like yaoi because you get two pretty guys boinking for the price of one. ^_^_v
Don't close your heart
Eslington
Regular Poster

Postby HiRider on Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:34 pm

So, How did I come across all this again? I'm beginning to have to wonder about all this now. Should I be afraid?
MIRACLE MAX: Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do.
INIGO: What's that?
MIRACLE MAX: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

HiRider
Regular Poster

on behalf of guys...

Postby Flurf on Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:59 pm

there do exist men in this world who are not consumed with interest in solely football, beer, big cars, and explosions.

what? you can't take everything away at once... :p

i've never been fond of shounen-ai myself [though i'm slightly gender biased]. we tried showing a couple of shounen-ai anime pieces at our anime club a few months back for variety, and didn't get a huge turnout... [like 3 people]

must be an acquired taste or some such.
<I>It is good to be well known, but it is better to be known as strange.</I>
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Postby Risawn on Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:57 am

Something i've noticed, when looking at the Keenspace Top 99 and such, that a lot of the comics are shounen-ai in some form or another. So obviously there is some kind of appeal they have to a large quantity of readers.

I have read bits of Boy Meets Boy and it is pretty hilarious I have to admit.

But do you honestly perfer a guy who is also digging other guys? I'm not sure I'm totally into that. Honestly, I'm not into the whole feminized guy for some reason. Actually, I don't mind a guy who's into football and what not, as long as it's down key and doesn't overtake every facette of his life. Being in the Army, you kind of have to force yourself to realize that there are some big gender differences and once you understand that, then well, it makes things a lot easier i've found.

Nothing I have against Homosexuals, mind you. That's a personal preferance and quite frankly other people's business. I'm just not into the lifestyle.
Risawn
Regular Poster

Postby thelizardgirl on Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:39 am

::waits with anticipation for the s-ai coupling::
boys with boys are cute. girls with girls are cute. girls with boys are cute. couples are just cute in general! and people who do both are doubly cute. it's just mathmatical.

i am sad that guyth will be getting no nookie at all. none, eto? every goth butterfly needs some sweet sweet luvin!
thelizardgirl
Regular Poster

Postby Eslington on Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:53 am

flurf wrote:there do exist men in this world who are not consumed with interest in solely football, beer, big cars, and explosions.

I know that, I'm one of them. ^_^
Though I do still like naked women. Civilisation would collapse without naked women!

skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:i am sad that guyth will be getting no nookie at all. none, eto? every goth butterfly needs some sweet sweet luvin!

Believe me, I know that curse. Being bisexual and single is about 10% worse than being straight and single. ^_^;

Though thankfully we have fanworks for Guyth luvin'. ^_^

And as for why some people don't like shounen-ai/yaoi... Well there's many reasons. Some people don't like it because they don't like guys, though I have seen strips drawn by straight guys with gay/bi bishounen, so presumably some straight guys like it, or at least have enough of an interest in it.
And some people just don't like the whole gay thing, even if they're perfectly fine with homosexuality, they just prefer hetroshipping.
And then there's the miscellaneous categories. Like gay guys who might not like shounen-ai because it's written by women, who don't understand what being a gay male is actually like. But then, I read somewhere that Yaoi is more of a female-targeted genre, made by women for women who want to see pretty guys boinking. Relevance to real life experiences be damned. ^_^

A friend once told me that most of the attendees of Yaoi-con were bisexual women, and most of the Yaoi fans I know are bisexual and female, so that pretty much confirms it for me.
Don't close your heart
Eslington
Regular Poster

in complete agreement

Postby Flurf on Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:49 am

I know that, I'm one of them. ^_^
Though I do still like naked women. Civilisation would collapse without naked women!

you will, of course, notice the one thing i didn't include in the list. ^_^

simple appreciation of the bodies of members of the opposite sex is a wonderful thing. the world needs more naked women!

okay, okay - you girls can have your naked men too....
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:43 pm

W,whoa! o.o This is the most action the Mory board has seen in a while! *laughs!*

Anyways... Yes. I completely agree with Skizzy. ^_^ All couplings are cute to me. I'm not trying to say I know what it's like to be a gay man, and Mory's Ed will certainly not become a shounen-ai site for hot man sex, but I'm going to presume that since so many people voted for Flick and Nigel, I have a FEW people reading it who enjoy that, and also that if they're still reading Mory after all the Fligel jokes, they're not so adverse to the idea that I'm going to get flame mail.

I have to admit I enjoy effeminate men, (Well, durr, I draw so many bishies when I can). And I like shounen-ai. So, uh, yeah. I don't want to give away my master plans! Shoo, all of you! *laughs!* You won't get it from me!

And no offense... I like half-naked men, but I'd rather not be staring for any amount of time at a fully naked one. *laughs!!*
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby Risawn on Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:34 pm

Hmm. Naked men. *smiles*

Being a self proclaimed artist, taking a figure drawing class gives one plenty of opportunities to get a gander at naked people. However, it is strangely not sexual. You just draw what you see.

Although to any artist types out there, if you really want to see improvement in your artwork, I recommend taking a figure drawing class. It is very relaxing and actually liberating, because the instructor is usually very open minded on what you do.

Ris
Risawn
Regular Poster

Postby HiRider on Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:59 am

*was right that he should be afraid of this thread*

And it seems Eto has discovered the way into getting an active board. Have discussions like these. Just so long as Mory's ed doesn't start getting the kind of Fanart that Ryan Smith of Funny Farm gets.
MIRACLE MAX: Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do.
INIGO: What's that?
MIRACLE MAX: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

HiRider
Regular Poster

'funny farm', you say?

Postby Flurf on Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:31 am

*recalls the multiple avapr0n threads in commemoration of, well, any excuse they could muster*

oh, my...

i don't like it when things descend to that level, because it objectifies sex and takes something away from it. the last thing messageboards and forums need [imho] are a bunch of hyper-expressive horny people who resort to graphic depictions of sexual objectivity in order to generate attention... ^^;;;
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Postby thelizardgirl on Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:19 am

meh. i am indifferent towards people who post fanpr0n. if i had a comic i wouldn't mind it at all. and in some comics (i.e. cutewendy) it's practically demanded. it depends on how the comic artist feels about it, since people are using his or her characters.
i love nudity, but pr0n is kinda weird. but i don't think it's an awful thing.

they just prefer hetroshipping

eslington, what the hell is hetroshipping? ::is confused:: it's not one of those horrible words made up by straight people to describe bisexual tendencies, like "heteroflexible," is it?
thelizardgirl
Regular Poster

waitasec...

Postby Flurf on Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:18 pm

um, the thread still looks like it's here to me, eto...
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:30 pm

...Okay, Eto is an idiot. *laughs!* here is copy-pasted the stupid thing I said before.

Please, DO NOT WORRY. Hot damn, people, I haven't even mentioned what this s-ai thing is about! *laughs!* Mory WILL NOT be turning into a mad sexfest. It's rated PG-14, and I plan to keep it in that area. I WILL NOT post graphic fanart, though I might provide a link with ample warning first. Giftart is still adored and appreciated, but I'd rather not see my characters going at it like rabid bunnies. ^^;; Just don't worry... Thing's will be fine. It's still Mory after all!
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby Eslington on Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:05 am

skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:eslington, what the hell is hetroshipping? ::is confused:: it's not one of those horrible words made up by straight people to describe bisexual tendencies, like "heteroflexible," is it?

^_^; It's just a word I made up on the fly. Hetro, as in hetrosexual, and shipping as in relationshipping, (Making up couples in fiction, or something like that) which isn't really a word either, and I probably made it up too.

Basically it's making up straight relationships in fandom, whether by writing a fanwork or just saying "Whatshisface and whatshername are so cute together" or something.

And Hetroflexible is a silly word. Tut tut, straight people.

Eto wrote:And no offense... I like half-naked men, but I'd rather not be staring for any amount of time at a fully naked one. *laughs!!*

*Nods* Fully naked people aren't too much fun I think. People tend to look better clothed or at least with their bits hidden. Not just for modesty, just it looks better.
Don't close your heart
Eslington
Regular Poster

Postby thelizardgirl on Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:04 pm

i love naked people! hooray for naked!!
thelizardgirl
Regular Poster

Postby Ahayweh on Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:41 am

Eslington wrote:^_^; It's just a word I made up on the fly. Hetro, as in hetrosexual, and shipping as in relationshipping, (Making up couples in fiction, or something like that) which isn't really a word either, and I probably made it up too.

Well, shipping is a word instantly recognizable to anyone who's ever read much fanfiction, and I figured out what you meant pretty quickly. On the other hand, I guess not everyone used to visit fanfiction.net obsessively, so it makes sense they wouldn't get it. Who started using the word 'shipping' first anyway?
I've been enlisted to plug a webcomic called Strawberry Tokyo Girls (though it has nothing to do with strawberries and isn't set in Tokyo) because I color it, and the artist/writer doesn't have a net connection. So. Visit http://strawberry.keenspace.com so I can tell the artist I'm doing my job.
Ahayweh
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Mory's Education