Fanart-ish.

Fanart-ish.

Postby JKatkina on Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:45 pm

Excuse the new fan, here, who has decided to make a post.
Just started (and finished) reading the archives today, and I'm already addicted. Just wishing it was a 7-day schedule. :) Also, I've whipped up a little bit of fanart that I hope will amuse people..

If Mory and Randy ever decided to procreate:
http://www.dazzled.com/jkat/kidfanart.jpg
Excuse the sketchy wing in the background. Was gonna do one of possible offspring of MF and Modred (my favorite charries) but I'm not done yet. ^^;

(If clicking on it doesn't go to the pic, c&p the URL... I dunno why it sometimes doesn't work.)
JKatkina

Postby JKatkina on Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:49 pm

..O.O
Typo demons strike at the most innoportune and embarrasing moments. Modred = Mordred. Gaah.
JKatkina

WAI!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:52 pm

Oh. My. GODS.

That is the goddamned CUTEST thing I have EVER seen in my life. XD *laughs!* Thank you so much!! *huggles* I'll make sure to put it on the fanart page as soon as I can figure out how to work the FTP folder again... I'm glad you enjoy Mory! ^^ Sorry I can't do more, but trust me, three times a week is trying enough... @_@ But thanks again! ^_^ I hope you stick around the message board! Not much goes on here, but it's better than nothing.. ;_;
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby JKatkina on Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:40 pm

*chuckles cheerfully* Eeesh, no worries, it was fun. *nod* And I'll work on the other one sooner or later...and maybe even a third, your guess is as good as mine. ^.^

And no worries... I understand the workload thing. One of my friends and I are starting a webcomic soon, and it's taking a lot of work to so much as launch ourselves off the ground and get started.
Thank goodness for holidays, though.
JKatkina

^__^

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:43 pm

Again, thank you deeply... The Eto loves fanart. XD And please post a link of your comic once it gets going! We'd all love to see!
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

fan-art

Postby Risawn on Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:30 pm

Yes, very cute :)

You know, I got to thinking with this latest display of other people's depictions of existing characters, I've been visiting the comic since, what, October or something (how long ago was that eto?) and I just realized, I never drew you any fan art! Of course, I've never really drawn fan-art, and to tell you quite honestly, I never considered myself very good at humans in the first place. But then again, when I was younger, all I did was draw animals.

Well, this is a combination of animals and humans, isn't it? Although I admit, my art is very un-animeish. I don't even know if I could do anime. Anyway, I was bored and was kind of in the drawing mood and thought, hey! Why don't I draw Eto some Fan art!

So I did. First, I decided to just draw Mory, because Mory's the main character and all. So I drew her in my own little style and stepped back and thought, 'egads that doesn't look like Mory'. I'll let you be the judge, however. And don't ask about those sunglasses, they look like something out of the eighties, or worse.

I scanned it anyway. http://www.risawn.com/images/mory.jpg .

Well, I wasn't done, I got to thinking some more. I decided to draw one of the more animalistic characters. I mulled this around in my head for, oh, about five seconds and settled on Mordred (hehe, I'm a sucker for dragons) and what's her name again? At first, I was going to do it more animalistic then you do, but then just changed my mind and drew them in my own style again.

MF is basically saying hands-off and then there is Mordred, looking all perty in his little loin-cloth and a sword. (hehe, mordy likes swords!)

They should have had more male models in figure drawing *grumbles*

I scanned that one too. http://www.risawn.com/images/eminem.jpg .

Eminem, for MF and Mordred *snickers* Been listening to his latest CD, that guy has issues.

Also, excuse the smudges and the smears. I'm a messy artist.

Well, anyway, my style is a lot different then most people's here. Not saying it's better, or worse for that matter. Just different. Hope you enjoy, eto! Maybe one of these days I'll do lillyflower.
-Sawny

"If you're not confused you're not paying attention."

Risawn
Regular Poster

Wai!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:36 am

Wai! XD Realistic Morys! *hugs* Thank you so much Ris!! ^^ Yeah, it was something like October or so... Under the evil yoke of Mr. Snape's smoking twin brother. e_e Never been so disatisfied with an art class... At least in Hawley's, I got a 4.0 instead of a 2.7. Heh, Mrs. Hawley told another student she just could never stop getting me to draw those stupid cartoons... XD Damned straight! And look at me now! Granted, I'm not in the Sunday papers, but I'm quite happy with my situation as humble online cartoonist. ^^ But yes, Back to the art. XD;;; Sorry! I lum! *clings!*
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby Risawn on Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:04 pm

O'day couldn't have been that bad. . . Could he?

Besides, if we hadn't had that class together, we wouldn't be exchanging words about him after the fact!

I've just come to notice that college art classes are stringent graders. And I'm more of a realistic artist that likes to do my own thing. I've had to many art classes that want you to do more abstract things, like drawing bits of pottery with no meaning (lol :)

Glad you enjoy the pieces :)

I do tend to ramble on about a whole lot of nothing, don't i?
-Sawny

"If you're not confused you're not paying attention."

Risawn
Regular Poster

Return to Mory's Education