...Hello? :<

...Hello? :<

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:08 am

...Is anybody out there? ;_; Is the forum not working again? It's working fine for me here at school....
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5731 on Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:50 am

You rang?
ZOMBIE USER 5731
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5731 on Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:24 pm

Looks as it's just you and me Miss Tuttle.

So what do we do?
ZOMBIE USER 5731
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Sun Jun 09, 2002 3:27 pm

...*sigh* Let's go to Greenland. ;_; No body shall miss us, it seems...
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

be sure to send a postcard!

Postby Flurf on Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:31 am

are there penguins in greenland? try to snag one for the strip while you're there! ^_^

the messageboard has been ittermitent in being un/reasonably fast. they're still getting the kinks out of it, i suppose - that, or there're just certain times of day when connecting just sucks.

maybe peoples are busy with summer shtuff - going on vacations or what have you. i've been caught up in random things the past week that have kept my online time way down [training the person who's gonna be replacing you at the end of the month really feels weird]. maybe ris and rai got shipped off to boot camp or something? [heh, you'd know better - you live in the same city as these people! :p]
<I>It is good to be well known, but it is better to be known as strange.</I>
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

*sigh*

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:17 pm

I suppose it would seem so.. I'll be gone more than once this summer myself... But from what I can tell, the forum is almost always working now... Is it still just me?
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Re: be sure to send a postcard!

Postby Risawn on Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:23 pm

flurf wrote:maybe ris and rai got shipped off to boot camp or something? [heh, you'd know better - you live in the same city as these people! :p]

Well, I'm back. I wasn't at boot camp or anything though (did that already) I was at Annual Training for the Army Reserves. However, there's to much to say to write here, and anyway, I was without internet access for about 10 days so. . .

But now I'm back and now all is well.

Ris
Risawn
Regular Poster

okaerinasai!

Postby Flurf on Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:28 pm

welcome back! hope you, um, enjoyed training. [is 'enjoyed' the right word for such things? saa...]

enjoying the ph33rful ningyou no ryuu-chan, but also really tired. just two more weeks, and no more work! ^_^ and lots of hitting of people with extra-dimensional toy mallets.

oyasuminasai...

[is it just me, or is :o a really freaky emoticon?]
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Postby Risawn on Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:09 pm

Well, honestly, it wasn't THAT bad.

Actually, it faired a lot better then last year, where just about anything that could go wrong, did.

But SanFrancisco turned out to be rather interesting. We were three broke enlisted personell given a day off to explore the *uh-hum* wilds of San Francisco. We, being broke, decided to check out the city on foot. Big mistake. If you have ever been to SF, or have even heard about it, you would know that going around this city on foot will likely wear you out before too long. It's a bunch of hills.

That, and the guy trying to sell us Shrooms just off Haight-Ashbury. *tisk-tisk*

I guess I could also mention the rotting cat, but I'll refrain. If you are really interested (or just have a bizarrely morbid curiosity like I do), check out my <a href="http://www.risawn.com/blogger.htm">blog</a> :)

-Sawny
Risawn
Regular Poster

Postby thelizardgirl on Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:57 am

i couldn't get the damn forum up for the longest. then it wouldn't let me log in. but now it is my friend. one of those friends that you talk about behind their back and are only friends with because they're friends with your other friends, but it's my friend all the same.

i win the "word 'friend' used most often in a single sentence" award!
thelizardgirl
Regular Poster

Wai!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:47 pm

Well, hopefully things will be turning out for the better now. ^^ Can't say the same for Mory, though... As you can tell, my ideas are running rather low. -_-

...And yes, :o is a HIGHLY disturbing face. I liiikkee.... :D one.

Anywho.... Eto's getting a new computer. :D Wainess.
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

oh, dear...

Postby Flurf on Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:25 pm

...yeah, that cat picture, um...

ah, well. when i was last wandering sf by foot, 'twas lots of fun meandering through all the shops and whatnot scattered through the chinatown area. and you certainly enjoy a nice bug sundae at ghirardelli square having trekked the whole way from 16th and mission! ^_^

but it really does wear you out. it was easier on me 'cause i was by myself [so i could stop and rest whenever i wanted] and had the whole day to go wandering. must be harder with a group and less time...

and eto - atarashii pasoko no ga omedetou gozaimasu yo! soshite, :) yori :D ga ii desu ne.

what became of the plans for summer mory doings? weren't you going to go down to one strip a week, but start some kick-ass new storyline? i'm still looking forward to that, ya know!

good to see skizzy back around again, too! ^^
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Summer plans

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:30 am

....First year Japanese, Flurf, first year! *laughs!*

Anywho, there are a couple plans for the Mory summer still... From about the 15th to the 25th there will be a Mory break as I'm going to be housesitting for a friend of the family, and I'd rather not spend all my time piddling on their computer. So, It'll probably be a guest strip week and a half, if I can get enough... Also, Mory might have a family reunion and a road trip to look forward too.

Firewall is still in progress.
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

gomen... ^^;;

Postby Flurf on Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:15 pm

atarashii = new
pasoko = p.c. [short for pasonaru konpyuuta]
omedetou gozaimasu = congratulations
soshite = and so... [for connecting related sentences]
x yori y = y is better than x
ii = good

i hope you can put the rest together.

yori is one of the easier ones to remember, 'cause of the anime series hana yori dango. the name comes from an old proverb that literally translates 'sweets over flowers'; i.e. when going cherry blossom viewing, most people are more concerned with the food they bring rather than with the cherry blossoms they're there to see. the anime uses a pun on the kanji for dan though, and uses the kanji for otoko instead [which can also be pronounced dan in certain cases]. so the meaning changes to 'boys over flowers'. and wacky hijinks ensue... ^_^

anyway, sorry to be confusing... [i like rambling in bizarre languages - it's what they pay me to do at work!]
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Bwa!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:26 pm

Thanks, Flurf... The stuff I didn't know what like the personal computer part and whatnot. ^^;
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Return to Mory's Education