And now for something completely off-topic

Postby Risawn on Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:56 pm

Hmm de dum *twiddles thumbs*

It's 11:30 at night, I should be in bed for school, but I'm bored. And since Eto suggested we use this for anything that is PG-14 related, I guess I would take up her offer and ramble. About nothing.

Have any of you done those little quiz thingees? You know, somebody writes random questions and everyone answers them to the best of their abilities?

Alright then, since the message board thingee has gotten a bit dead, I thought I would start. Some questions are related to M.E., some arent. Some are also quite cheesy.

<i>1) How did you first find Mory's Education?</i>
Eto told me about it when I had an art class with her this last fall.

<i>2) What was the last thing you ate?</i>
Rocky Road Ice Cream

<i>3) Last book you read?</i>
Still reading Lord of the Rings. I'm such a lazy ass.

<i>4) If you could have one superhuman power, what would it be?</i>
The power to morph into various creatures. I'm a sucker for shape shifters. :smile:

<i>5) If you had a million dollars thrust in your pocket, what would be the first thing you would do with it?</i>
Something very boring, pay off all my credit cards. The first thing I would probably by is computer junk.

<i>6) What is one thing you vow to accomplish before you die?</i>
Sky Dive!!!

<i>7)Favoritist movie of all time?</i>
To many to list! Forrest Gump, Braveheart, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, Monty Python, etc, etc. . .

<i>8) If you depicted yourself in a furry such as M.E., (mythical creatures aside, unless you insist), what would you depict yourself as?</i>
A cat. For various reasons, most springing from my childhood. That, and my temperament is much like a cat's. If mythical creatures were allowed, hmm, I would still depict myself as a cat.

<i>9) What is the worst thing you have ever done to rebel against your parents?</i>
Join the Army. Believe me, they cried.

<i>10) My new found favorite thing! What's your favorite quote!!!</i>
"Having a smoking section in a resteraunt is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool" and a new fave that is a spin-off of the above quote by a good friend, "the reason the gene pool could use a little chlorine was because some idiot put in a peeing section."

*Snickers*

Hmm, I think that should do it then. enjoy!!!

Ris

<a href="http://creature.keenspace.com">Critters with Wings</a>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: risawn on 2002-04-16 22:59 ]</font>
Risawn
Regular Poster

Postby Chen on Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:34 am

1) How did you first find Mory's Education?
Rai asked me if I wanted to colour an online comic, and I said yes.

2) What was the last thing you ate?
Rice

3) Last book you read?
Mermaid's Scar

4) If you could have one superhuman power, what would it be?
To fly like a dork

5) If you had a million dollars thrust in your pocket, what would be the first thing you would do with it?
Buy all my friends Gamecubes, then take a plane down to the US to meet people. (Beware)

6) What is one thing you vow to accomplish before you die?
Live a bit longer.

7)Favoritist movie of all time?
Star Trek 4, K-pax, MIB, Rush Hour 1/2... list goes on and on and on until we all die.

:cool: If you depicted yourself in a furry such as M.E., (mythical creatures aside, unless you insist), what would you depict yourself as?
Foxie.

9) What is the worst thing you have ever done to rebel against your parents?
Tell me dad to stop f**king me up the ass. Really. (Am I allowed to post this? O_O)

10) My new found favorite thing! What's your favorite quote!!!
"Octopus is the core of fired octopus!"
(From a badly subbed Hong Kong produced DVD of the Card Captor Movie.. Kero was trying to describe Takoyaki to Supi =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chen on 2002-04-17 10:39 ]</font>
Chen

Postby Jekcan Warrior Prince on Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:49 am

Aido's Mini-Fridge of Doom.

Millano (that's a kind of meat very much like salami only not salami) with mayo... no bread, just those two together.

3) Last book you read?
Let's see... "Fermat's Last Theorem". It's a book about a mathematical problem and how it was solved throughout hundreds of years... I LIKE MATHEMATICS! (I'm also in the middle of reading "The Two Towers" by Tolkien, "A History of God" by Karen Armstrong and "The Green Mile" by Stephen King)

The power to shapeshift has always been numero uno in my book... it would be marvelous to be (for however long I would choose) of a different genus, different sex even.

5) If you had a million dollars thrust in your pocket, what would be the first thing you would do with it?
Before the eventual placement of (what is left of) the money in a bank, I would buy the best computer I could find, best modem I could find (with that, I wouldn't really need to buy too many software) and as many gadgets (joystick, microphone...) as I want.

Move out of this god-forsaken (literally... it truely is god-forsaken) country and migrate to the USA.

7) Favoritist movie of all time?
This is a tough one... Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail!!!!!
*clears throat* if I may...
Arthur: Old Woman!
Denis: Man!
Arthur: Sorry, man. What knight lives in...*sound quickly slowing to a stop*
After some reconsideration, I have decided against reciting the entire scene (which I do nearly on a daily basis...).

:cool: If you depicted yourself in a furry such as M.E., (mythical creatures aside, unless you insist), what would you depict yourself as?
Koala...

Ignored their commands... not every command but many. Well, ignored isn't usually the case as much as had my head in the clouds at the time so that I wasn't actually hearing what they said even though I made gestures as I were listening... I don't rebel against my parents. Older brother, yes; parents, no.

Denis: OH, King ay? How'd you get that? By exploitin' the workers! By 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the social and economic differences in our society! If there's ever gonna be any progress... *gets called away by female character*
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/rarebff/" target=_blank>Joey's Guide to Ben Folds Five</a>... Best Ben Folds Five sight I've found so far.

Santa, he's a big fat F***. Went down the chimney, got his fat ass stuck.
- "Bizzare Christmas Incident", Ben Folds Five
Jekcan Warrior Prince
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:12 pm

*snickers* Aww... I feel loved. ^__^

Koala? I dun have one of those yet...
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby Jekcan Warrior Prince on Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:02 am

Well, it says "<i>such as</i> M.E...." so I felt at liberty to use an animal whose anthromorphic-type-form-thing wasn't even part of M.E.
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/rarebff/" target=_blank>Joey's Guide to Ben Folds Five</a>... Best Ben Folds Five sight I've found so far.

Jekcan Warrior Prince
Regular Poster

Postby Rai on Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:29 am

I'll just shorten the quiz into the question I really want to answer.

I would be whatever the hell Flick is and I would fly. :grin: Not drunk though.
Shirt Chick Rai
<A HREF="http://mory.keenspace.com">Mory</A> | <A HREF="http://www.waha1.com">Waha1</A> | <A HREF="http://www.waha1.com/blog.html">21stCDS</A>
"USE A GODDAMNED COASTER, YOU SLOB! I JUST WAXED THAT TABLE!"
Rai
Regular Poster

Postby Risawn on Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:00 pm

What exactly is Flick?
Risawn
Regular Poster

Postby Rai on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:52 am

Flick seems to be some sort of bird dog. Y'know... a dog bird.

Maybe his parents are a case of that whole misguided prey-predator thing that sometimes happens. A labrador retriever and a duck? :grin:
Shirt Chick Rai
<A HREF="http://mory.keenspace.com">Mory</A> | <A HREF="http://www.waha1.com">Waha1</A> | <A HREF="http://www.waha1.com/blog.html">21stCDS</A>
"USE A GODDAMNED COASTER, YOU SLOB! I JUST WAXED THAT TABLE!"
Rai
Regular Poster

Postby Pseudodragon on Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:42 am

On 2002-04-17 12:49, Jekcan Warrior Prince wrote:
Let's see... "Fermat's Last Theorem". It's a book about a mathematical problem and how it was solved throughout hundreds of years... I LIKE MATHEMATICS!

There are people who don't? Shocking!

Good book, that. Seen 'The Joy of Pi'?
Pseudodragon

Postby Jekcan Warrior Prince on Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:03 pm

Not only are there people who don't like mathematics but there are people who *shudder* <i>hate</i> it! It astounds me. It truely does. I have several people of that sort in my class... freaks, they are.
As for "The Joy of Pi", I can't seem to recall any such moment that I saw or even heard the name... I doubt any of the bookstores in my area even sell that book... For some strange reason, people in this country feel threatened by english and feel very uncomfortable when someone speaks english, and only english (that being me and a few of my friends... not that we don't know the local language. I for one greatly dislike it), around them.

Jekcan Warrior Prince
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:43 pm

...I hate math. :D;;; Sorry, but it tends to grow off ya once you've had Mr. Manfred...

Flick is a Flick. I've not yet decided on the breeds of some of my little ones.. They are forthcoming yet, however.
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Postby Tin Soldier on Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:24 pm

Flatland = spifftacular math-type book. And I'm not a big fan of math..the functions from heeeeell...

I read Acid Reflux (good stuff) and they were both featured on the...web-site-y thingamajigger...whatever. I was surfing. It was cool. So, I am here.

A TWINKIE

3) Last book you read?
Still reading Lord Of The Rings from when i started at Thanksgiving and am just now getting to the Prancing Pony. WHO'S A LAZY ASS NOW? ^.^ Actually, I've stopped and read several books since, the latest being the Lord of the Flies (good stuff)

Flight. I think. Or maybe just a shape shifter (I'm such a copycat) but then I could change into a winged whatever...I don't care. As long as I'm cute when I do it XD

Computer stuff and subtitled anime goodness. Among other anime merchandise.....million dollars....EBAAAAAAY!

I recall vowing something like this once...what was it...um...getting a freaking boyfriend would do just fine for me...I don't know. How about...not dying until I die? Whatever.

Holy Grail, Boondock Saints (YEAH!) Snatch ("What the hell can he get away FROM?"), etc, etc.

Fox, pheonix...they're pretty and cute and one caan fly and..yeah.

Just flat out ignore them, I suppose. I don't really rebel...I love my mum, and, well, don't have to live with my dad. So, yeah, I've had my share of tantrums, but nothing major.

"Eagles may soar, but at least weasels don't get sucked into jet engines", "I've lost my roller coaster virginity...And I want to do it again!" You kinda had to be there for that one...and I did say that. So, muah.
Tin Soldier

Postby Pseudodragon on Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:52 am

Tin Soldier wrote:Flatland = spifftacular math-type book. And I'm not a big fan of math..the functions from heeeeell...

I found a 1950 copy of that lying around at home - just the other week.

Interesting book, although the concepts weren't new this time around.

Maths is fun, with the possible exception of vector calculus.
Pseudodragon

I'm new! See my post. *pokes*

Postby Fyrea Nequ on Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:00 pm

Um... I was looking at some of the comics on Keenspace, and I saw a really good one. This one :)

A jamacian patty.

3) Last book you read?
I'm reading "My brother Sam is Dead" for school now. He isn't dead...

I want to be able to walk through walls! Theres a pole in my basement I keep running into, so that would be helpful...

Buy a t-shirt from every single online comic I know

To buy a chinchilla!

*deep breath* Gundam Wing Endless Waltz OAV Special Edition. :D

If you depicted yourself in a furry such as M.E., (mythical creatures aside, unless you insist), what would you depict yourself as?
Mongoose!

Um... I haven't yet...

"I'd say somthing extremly intellegent at this moment... but it's not of my nature." me to my mom
Fyrea Nequ

Postby Ultimai on Fri May 24, 2002 8:48 pm

<i>1) How did you first find Mory's Education?</i>
An interview thingy, I forgot
<i>2) What was the last thing you ate?</i>
PASTA! Yum (really, I do enjoy pasta quite a bit)
<i>3) Last book you read?</i>
"The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" for a school assingment.
<i>4) If you could have one superhuman power, what would it be?</i>
The abillity to create whatever my mind desires. (Wait, you said superhuman, not godlike.) I would choose absolute control over my mind and body (wait, not something thats attainable via yoga/buddhism). I guess I would choose two-way full telepathy (no wire or wired) with the abillity to turn it off/on at will.
<i>5) If you had a million dollars thrust in your pocket, what would be the first thing you would do with it?</i>
Put it in a bank so no one would steal it :) and split it up among multiple banks so its all insured.
<i>6) What is one thing you vow to accomplish before you die?</i>
If I die a natrual death: To raise a family who isnt screwed up and to help the world for a humantarian cause.
<i>7)Favoritist movie of all time?</i>
"Merlin", of all movies. It aint the greatest, but I've watched it multiple times and still liked it. Still do.
<i>8) If you depicted yourself in a furry such as M.E., (mythical creatures aside, unless you insist), what would you depict yourself as?</i>
Antromorph: An angel. Furry: Cat or Dog since I always choose that in Furcadia it seemed. (I got bored of it though). But really, I dont know
<i>9) What is the worst thing you have ever done to rebel against your parents?</i>
Not much actually... I dunno, mentally screw my self over by reading the wrong books and animes at the wrong time and causing them a month of grief because of my state. But that wasn't really, well, a willing act. I guess is not obey their direct orders sometimes.
<i>10) My new found favorite thing! What's your favorite quote!!!</i>
"A man who does great good, and talks not of it, is on the way to perfection..." 'Abdul'-Baha (Can't you tell I'm religious?)
Ultimai

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5731 on Sun May 26, 2002 10:23 am

Skizzy the wonder lizzard hit me in the head with a tuba, did naughty things to my unconscious
ZOMBIE USER 5731
Regular Poster

finally...

Postby Flurf on Tue May 28, 2002 11:19 pm

so after writing this out over a month ago, i finally get to post it. wai! :P
---------------------------------
<U>1) How did you first find Mory's Education? </U>
through the e-spudd thingie. was directed there from acid reflux.

<U>2) What was the last thing you ate? </U>
some pasta + veggies mishmash of my own creation [angel hair al dente, carrot/broccoli mix, two green onions, a little parmesan, soy/sake/sugar mix as seasoning]

<U>3) Last book you read? </U>
<I>lakeboat</I> by david mamet. okay, it's a play, not a book. but a play that i'm in... ^_^

<U>4) If you could have one superhuman power, what would it be? </U>
hmm... teleportation would be nice. i hate rush hour traffic.

<U>5) If you had a million dollars thrust in your pocket, what would be the first thing you would do with it? </U>
a) put it into a money market account.
b) hire a money manager.
c) make wild and insidious plans to go nuts in the dealers room at anime expo that summer.

<U>6) What is one thing you vow to accomplish before you die? </U>
be able to visit japan and speak the language fluently.

<U>7)Favoritist movie of all time? </U>
hmm. when i was young, i really liked zero mostel's production of <I>a funny thing happened on the way to the forum</I>. afterwards <I>the princess bride</I> was very keen. and then i discovered anime... ^_^ so now i really like <A HREF='http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/mimi/'><I>mimi wo sumaseba</I></A>, though i follow series more closely than movies. though i <I>really</I> wanna see <A HREF='http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/sen/'><I>sen to chihiro</I></A>...

[added later - saw jin-roh last weekend. damn cool movie!]

<U>8 ) If you depicted yourself in a furry such as M.E., (mythical creatures aside, unless you insist), what would you depict yourself as? </U>
m.e. needs more penguins, so i'll go with that. :D

<U>9) What is the worst thing you have ever done to rebel against your parents?</U>
you really don't want to know. go <A HREF='http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/invisible.cfm'>here</A> if you're curious - mine lasted through most of 8th grade [about 6 months].

<U>10) My new found favorite thing! What's your favorite quote!!!</U>
see my sig. ^_^ although i'm also fond of shakespearian randomness. one i've taken to heart:
<I>all things that are
are with more spirit chased than enjoyed.</I>
from <I>the merchant of venice</I>. i interpret this as 'stop and smell the roses, because no one else does'. maybe i've got it all wrong...

just be thankful i'm not quoting choice dialogue from <I>lakeboat</I> at you. or go find a copy and give it a readthrough... :P
<I>It is good to be well known, but it is better to be known as strange.</I>
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Return to Mory's Education