Pick the Punchline 7-19-04

Pick the Punchline 7-19-04

Postby Scatman on Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:25 pm

This is an idea I've thought about trying for a while now. Have you ever started drawing a cartoon and started having second thoughts about the gag?

Have you ever looked at a cartoon and thought you could come up with funnier lines for the drawings?

Well, here's an example of a gag that I have a punchline for, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that maybe there's a much better gag here itching to come out.

So if you think you have a good idea for a line or lines that will complete this gag, post it here or e-mail me. The best idea will appear on Wednesday. I only ask that you keep the ideas clean, and don't make suggestions that would require new artwork.

Okay, everybody, let's put our heads together!
Scatman
Regular Poster

Modified art

Postby Scatman on Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:10 am

I've received a few good suggestions via e-mail. Although I said I wanted to avoid having to change the art, one idea inspired me to make a minor modification if I go with it....If anyone else has any suggestions, please post them or e-mail me. Thanks!
Scatman
Regular Poster

Thanks to all

Postby Scatman on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:58 am

I just wanted to thank everyone who e-mailed me their suggestions for the punchline that appears in the 7-21-04 toon. It was a tough choice, but Rachel's suggestion had an entirely new twist to it.

I know I said that I wanted to avoid making changes to the artwork, but I thought some minor chhanges would really make the gag work well. Thank goodness for Photoshop.

Anyhow, thanks again, and I hope you'll participate in future interactive tooning projects!

Scatman
Scatman
Regular Poster

Return to Home Fries