Been a long time!

Been a long time!

Postby Scatman on Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:01 am

Sorry i haven't been keeping things lively here. I fidn't know how much time it took to be a serious student. As you may know, many of the recent toons here have been from the Comics Edge days. In a week or twi, I'll be on break and will hopefully be back to 3 new toons a week. If that proves too time consuming, I'll go to a Monday/ Friday schedule. I really don't want to, but I have to balance things.

That being said, you recently may have seen the toons that deal with a school psychologist. I'm thinking of reworking the charachter and making him a main character or launching him on his own. Any thoughts?
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby GregCartoonist on Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:54 am

I say go for it. (except that it sounds like you have very little time for exploring a new strip...) A school shrink would have a lot of clever things to say about human behavior, and outrageous humor often comes from schoolage kids.

That's why I got on to post today. Wanted to say I like the 'Jane Goodall' cartoon. She'd have made a FANTASTIC school psychologist. I've always thought that if we studied human kids the way she studied other apes, there'd be a lot more detailed explanations of things like Columbine.
GregCartoonist
Regular Poster

Postby Scatman on Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:26 am

Thanks, Greg. I'm glad you liked this one. I'm learning all the time, and I've learned that overthinking can kill humor. I didn't know if I'd have to do a lot of explaining to people about this one or not. I jus decided to indulge a funny thought I had, and evidently it worked.

As for the school psychologist, I think it has a lot of potential. I'm thinking Bob Newhart in a gradeschool. I'll work him in more since my time is tight. But I may redesign the character, so if he completely changes one day, you'll know why.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Scatman
Regular Poster

Return to Home Fries