Home Fries IJO's...

Home Fries IJO's...

Postby ThrobbinJohnny on Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:40 am

Today's candle light dinner strip works, with the exception of the lighting: you wouldn't know it's dark unless you read the dialogue.

Obviously, you want them to read it, but making the background dark or illuminated would really set the mood and enhance the toon, IJO...

"Throbbin' Johnny
ThrobbinJohnny

Good point!

Postby Scatman on Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:52 am

Good point, Johnny! Thanks for the input! I should have made it more apparent that Annie went to great lengths to make her dinner with Lester romantic. I want Lester's obliviousness to Annie's romantic advances a continuing theme. A darker background might have set the mood and helped the strip pop out if it were on a comics page. Thanks again!
Scatman
Regular Poster

9.2.02 toon

Postby ThrobbinJohnny on Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:20 am

Today's toon w/ lester trying to find his truck keys on the internet was funny as hell! Strips like this really showcase who lester is...

"If it ain't Throbbin', it ain't Johnny!"
ThrobbinJohnny

Postby Scatman on Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:24 pm

Thanks again, Johnny! That idea was one of my favorites of the past couple of weeks. I'm back in college after a 15 year layoff, and I'm hoping that I can keep up with the toons with some degree of professionalism. Until I get back into the swing, Wednesdays are wildcard days where I'll post a Comic's Edge rerun, a "Lily Pad" toon or one of my other old ideas. (Look for an alien and robot sidekick. These were really original when I drew them.)

But I'm thinking that exercising my brain will help me ultimately think more creatively about Home Fries and other projects. It's also forcing me to get more done in less time, which professional cartoonists have to be good at. Hopefully I'll be back to 3 new ones a week before long!
Scatman
Regular Poster

Return to Home Fries