Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures

Postby Scatman on Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:38 am

Okay, let's see if we can get a little momentum going here while this yo-yo forum is up. In an earlier post I asked what everyone thinks is funny. This is a little different. I think we all have things we read/watch and laugh at that we're not really proud of. For example: Very few movie critics would admit to liking an Adam Sandler movie, but millions of us do, because they rake in tons of money. So what are some of the goofy things that you enjoy that you don't usually admit to?

I'll go first: 1) Johnny Bravo
2)Hey Vern, It's Ernest, an old Saturday morning tv show with Jim Varney as Ernest T Wuhrl.
3)Riders in the Sky (cheesey western singers with an old Saturday morning show)
4)Get a Life, Chris Elliot's old tv show
5)Spaceballs, a movie considered a Mel Brookes flop

There, I'm not proud, but these are a few of my favorite things. What dumb things do you like? Confess! It's good for the soul!
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby ThrobbinJohnny on Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:06 pm

Funny guilty pleasures
ThrobbinJohnny

Monkeys and midgets

Postby Scatman on Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:53 pm

I've got to agree with you about the monkeys. (The singing Monkeys and the primates) Do you remember an old tv show called Lancelot Link Secret Agent Chimp? It was like Get Smart with an all chimp cast. Pure gold! Also, I think it was TNT that more recently ran The Chimp Channel about a tv station run by chimps. I'm sure it could have been a big hit if they had aired it in prime time.

I have to disagree about the little people, however. They just scare me.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby ThrobbinJohnny on Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:14 pm

The Chimp Channel was funny as hell!! When Johnny managed a gym(night shift 1:30-9:30), Johnny worked out after hours, and would do his cardio while watching CC. Funny, imaginative stuff...

Midgets...saw one getting a lapdance at a strip club one night. The look on his face, as he held a beer bottle(looked like a bottle of Jack in his hand!!)...big ol'Coke bottle glasses...:lol

Ahhhhh....memories...

"Throbbin' Johnny
ThrobbinJohnny

Return to Home Fries