Forum Conversion

Postby Scatman on Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:35 am

I learned today that within the next few days, all keenspace forums will be going down for conversion to a new server. I hope ther will be less problems than when the sites themselves were converted. It sounds like there will be as many disadvantages as advantages with the new server. For one thing, I don't think the appearance of this page will resemble the rest of the site. Oh well. In a nutshell, if things get hairy over the next week or so with the forum, please be patient. Thanks.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby Ronski46 on Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:35 am

Well, I hope it's painless for you, Scott. If not, you want Scotch or bourbon? <P>Thanks for the pep talk.<P>------------------
Ronski
<A HREF="http://public-eyes.com" TARGET=_blank>Public Eyes</A>
Mon/Wed/Fri!
Ronski46

Postby Scatman on Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:45 am

You can put 'em both in the same glass.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby Scatman on Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:53 am

Well, this is the new forum. I'm not sure why they had to mess with a perfectly good forum, but it could be worse. I liked the old one better, but I'm just a pawn in the great chess game of cartooning.

Some of the links got screwed up, and I'm not sure why. I'll have to play with them a little bit. Anyhow, welcome back.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby Ronski46 on Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:23 am

Looks cool to me, Scott. Seems to load faster, too. I just bookmarked you here.
Ronski
Mon/Wed/Fri!
Ronski46

Postby Ronski46 on Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:40 pm

Oh, yeah...this board comes up three times faster than the old one. And I think it looks better, too.

'Course, it never remembers me from visit to visit, so I have to introduce myself each time. I thought I had my cookies turn on.
Ronski
Mon/Wed/Fri!
Ronski46

Postby Scatman on Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:23 am

Thanks, Ron. I think I've been losing my cookies lately too. If there are no more problems, I guess I'm happy if the performance is better on the new board.

There are still some minor link problems I can't figure out because they have no reasonable connection with me merely changing the forum link. Oh well, I'll leave well enough alone until I'm ready to really frustrate myself.

By the way, congrats on your exposure in the Fla police journal. They say that any exposure is good exposure, but I can tell you from experience that some police log ink isn't as great.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Return to Home Fries