What don't you like?

Postby Scatman on Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:11 am

I love cartoons and cartooning. But there are some days that are much harder than others. Some days the artwork is tough to get right. I wrestle with the wording of some toons. I get frustrated when I throw away ten ideas because I don't think the gags are strong enough and then end up with nothing.<P>I'm convinced that technical things will get easier when my skills improve. Ideas and dialogue will become more fluent if I can relax my mind more often. I want every idea to be great, but I have to be content with the prety good ones from time to time.<P>I know that the pressure of producing a daily strip is great. But I need to hear from some of you that it's hard sometimes.
If I start to believe that it's often hard for me and always easy for everyone else, I'll just find more ways to put unfair pressure on myself.<P>Don't get me wrong. I love this. But please tell me what you find difficult.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby Yupyop on Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:21 am

Starting. There are too many things in my life that make me happy but also encourages my procrastination in sitting down at my typewriter.
Yupyop
Regular Poster

Postby Justward on Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:49 am

Writers block. This is truelly a pain in the butt when you get it. It feels like it will never leave. Like Abdominal pains (I've had this since last tuesday) this sucks. I got to go see a doctor tomorrow.<P>Ward<P>New cartoons done on bristol and colored with corel. Check them out!
<A HREF="http://www.christiancartoons.com/cartoonspage2.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.christiancartoons.com/cartoonspage2.htm</A>
Justward

Postby Scatman on Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:40 am

I'm currently trying to work through some writer's block. I've found myself forced draw up some ideas I rejected weeks ago.<P>I know what you mean, Yupyop. For as much as I enjoy this, it's amazing what I'll find to do rather than sit down at the drawing board. Procrastination is a toughie.<P>Maybe I'll overcome the writer's block if I can get on a roll with a storyline rather than just think up day to day gags.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Return to Home Fries