Actually what I did was re-register the domain name when I got my 30 day warning. I was given the option of sticking with directnic or switching to the company that bought directnic... I chose the latter because if that company ever decides to switch everyone over it'll be less hassle, or so they said.. so I sat and watched as I got my 14 day warning.. then 7 day warning... then 3...2...1... and then I got a "You forgot to renew!" and a pause of a few days... then a "There was an error transferring, we've given you $15 on your account!"... and after trying to communicate with them to switch it over, with no response, I finally decided to just use the credit and it's back finally.
<A HREF="http://www.3rddementia.com" TARGET=_blank>Third Dementia - Because not all webcomics have lesbians in them... YET.</A>