Updates are good

Updates are good

Postby Skullrama on Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:36 am

Ah, Okk updates = good. And more with the almost obscure video game jokes in the background. That's probably my favorite thing in the comic EVER.

For some reason, it's hilarious every single time I read 'is that like when you pass through a wall to enter a warp zone from the wrong side?'.

Yeah. Anyway.... keep up the good work.
Skullrama

Woo, updates!

Postby Mogman1 on Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:59 pm

Hopefully this dispells any doubts as to whether you have any readers. It seems you have at least two. I'm thinking I really like where this is heading with the "city girl"! Keep up the good work!
Mogman1
Regular Poster

Postby Okk on Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:27 am

Well, I suspected I had readers, (at least two) but I didn't think any of them checked my site regularly anymore.

I've really been enjoying the comic lately, and I'm glad you have too. The giant schoolgirl won't be a predominant aspect of the comic for much longer, but in Z-World, anything can happen. There will be more inane randomness on its way.

Skullrama, it was the Monotoli building this time, right? I love throwing subtle (or sometimes not-so-subtle) video game references into the comic.. Even if it's just something like those tall hills with eyes from Mario that look more like big green dildos... My favorite is probably still Legend of Mana's "Spotted Silver Mushroom" bit.

They're not in Fourside anymore now though. For some reason they're in the city of Osaka.

If anyone can tell me WHY I put them in the city of Osaka, that person gets ten points.
Hehhhehhhe hehe... @_X
http://okk.keenspace.com
Okk
Regular Poster

Postby Skullrama on Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:25 am

Yes, it was indeed the Monotoli building this time. Another favorite is when Okk drew a Starman instead of a pentagram.

And to answer your question: Due to the Azumanga Daioh characters being used here of course. Or heavily refrenced on. The giant school girl looks to be Osaka herself.
Skullrama

Postby THE KOOL AID MAN on Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:04 pm

I feel complete, having seen Bananaphone Osaka ravage Fourside/Osaka.
shadows jumpin' all over my walls, some of 'em big and some of 'em small
THE KOOL AID MAN
Regular Poster

Return to Misadventures of Okk, The