Theories On The Miracle...

Postby Krank on Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:24 am

...and now THIS!?

*hmm*

doesn't fit very well in my theories... Mayhap that Iris is an embodiment of, of, i don't know, trees?
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Annabel Lee116 on Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:25 pm

actually, krank, parts of your theory could still apply...he said something about 'after your dreams come true'...she did want to put down roots where she sleeps

On 2002-03-27 09:24, krank wrote:
...and now THIS!?

*hmm*

doesn't fit very well in my theories... Mayhap that Iris is an embodiment of, of, i don't know, trees?
Annabel Lee116

Postby Apathetic jellyfish on Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:59 pm

*does a little dance*

oh yea, who spotted the "roots" comment, and was the first post... me! hehe.

now wait a sec, *scratches head*, now i'm confused again.
Apathetic jellyfish

Postby Krank on Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:42 am

hmmm... Yes, might work, might still work...

Maybe 'trees' (I mean the IDEA of 'trees, not actually trees, hope all you amateur philosphers out there understand me) has something to do with Iris' past as a Dreambeing. She has converted herself into a corporeal form, lost all her memories, but still something within her strives towards the 'trees'...
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Annabel Lee116 on Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:49 am

what if Iris, Colby, and Blake are all dreamers and Esurio can somehow make these dreams 'come true'...but not the way the dreamers originally intended
Annabel Lee116

Postby Krank on Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:15 pm

hmmm... interresting...

might be, might be... Perhaps, Iris was once a Dreamer who has become a Dreambeing... And is now trying to find herself back into reality...

And when it comes to Esurio... I still think he's some kind of embodiment of what children believe is the grown-up world...
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Apathetic jellyfish on Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:39 pm

On 2002-03-29 15:15, krank wrote:
Perhaps, Iris was once a Dreamer who has become a Dreambeing... And is now trying to find herself back into reality...

i wonder if the reverse could be true, could iris be a dreambeing trying to make herself human/dreamer? ok, now i have visions o'cool world in my head...

*lies down and takes nap*
Apathetic jellyfish

Postby Krank on Sat Mar 30, 2002 2:38 pm

Well, I HOPE that it doesn't include having sex with toons, or getting killed by toons, OR, for that matter, getting sucked inside a pencil...

hmmm...
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Apathetic jellyfish on Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:18 pm

i apologize for my previous post. that's what'll happen to you if you refuse to take painkillers after getting your wisdom teeth taken out... you ramble.
Apathetic jellyfish

Postby Krank on Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:30 am

No prob.

You may be right, though... She might be trying to set down roots (with a little help from the Daydreamer Colby) into this reality... Her "reality", the Dreamscape, has very different rules and so on, so she's just doing stuff that's natural to her...
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Amorph on Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:37 am

Well, now it appears to be a bit more complicated than that.

If Esurio's right (and for all we know he could be lying), he has some power to grant wishes (he seems to twist them, if the need for "roots" is any indication) and perform "miracles" (cf the page where he siezes Blake's hair). Iris called him a friend, "sort of," but what she said implied that she considered Esurio to be something of a n authority figure. Esurio seems to think so too, the way he referred to her. He also implied that she was once like Blake - normal? - and her current state was somehow due to a mistake on his part.

So Esurio appears to be a catalytic - and unsettling - figure who, as he sees it, is trying to perform damage control.
James<P>"Without death there would be very little progress." - Steve Jobs
Amorph
Regular Poster

Postby Krank on Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:20 pm

OK, new theory:

Iris was a human youth from the beginning, who stumbled upon (or was contacted by) Esurio. Esurio might be Jimbo's version of my own "dream-universe"'s Dream Lord, the Supreme Dreamer, or he may simply be a VERY powerful Dreambeing... She makes a wish: To become a dreambeing herself! And, for some unknown reason, Esurio grants it. Maybe he owe something to her? Anyways, she becomes a Dreambeing, but finds herself less than satisfied. She is now trying to reconnect into the real world by means of "rooting" herself upon Colby.

Seems to tie up the loose ends, doesn't it? I think it does. *proud of myself*

And, BTW, all strange effects we are watching is simply the bending and deforming of reality which occurr when the Barrier between Dreaming and Waking is breached...
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Apathetic jellyfish on Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:42 pm

think you might be on to something there. i was going to post up a theory similiar to that, but it seems you've beat me to the punch.
Apathetic jellyfish

Postby Apathetic jellyfish on Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:49 pm

and now it seems that we're going to hear some from iris.
Apathetic jellyfish

Postby Krank on Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:39 am

*jumps up-and-down from excitement*

YES!

That's what I've been talking about! The dreamworld - another reality! And the question of wether the "real" world - our world - is a dream or not... It all fits nicely togeather! Yieeeha!
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Amorph on Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:14 am

Except that now we have to wait for the rest of Iris' sentence.

Damn you, Zubkavich. :smile:
James<P>"Without death there would be very little progress." - Steve Jobs
Amorph
Regular Poster

Postby Krank on Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:59 pm

Yes, darn him, darn him to heck...

*smile*

...but we can't help liking him, now can we... I mean, without him, than MM would't BE at all... And I wouldn't be reading it thrice a week and spend every day here at the forums, and I wouldn't have based an RPG upon the Dreaming-idea, and, well, life would just be...

...awful.
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Zubkavich on Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:57 pm

Just wait until the chapter ends and I take a short break to get moved across the country.

THEN you'll be realing damning me for the cliffhanger, and the possibilities to come :smile:

In fact, this Friday should be quite fun too.
Jim Zubkavich
------------------
The Makeshift Miracle
http://www.makeshiftmiracle.com
------------------
Zubkavich
Regular Poster

Postby Krank on Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:47 am

You just HAD to do that, didn't you?

Great. We're currently cliffhangin' a cliffhanger...

Bastard... *smile*

If you're interrested... The players of the RPG campaign I based upon ideas I got from MM, well, they all love it! They currently have no clues whatsoever, and they just love it! One of the better campaigns they've run in years, they say...
Krank
Regular Poster

Postby Annabel Lee116 on Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:50 am

hey, Jim....you may be having too much fun with this :smile:
Annabel Lee116

PreviousNext

Return to The Makeshift Miracle