Uh oh... Where'd it go?

Postby Greek Amazon13 on Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:09 pm

Laura: Stop insulting Badri.

And yeah, I'll admit that fanservice is fun to draw, even if it is scary. And the deeper meaning or more in depth-ness of some characters is a good use for fanservice.

It's just that some of my characters, such as QUARE, are people that I ....don't particularily iwant to know about. (Except I do.) I mean..... He has this thing... with chains, and torture and..... *sigh* You know. All the stuff that makes drawing fanservice frightening.

Badri's actually quite fun to draw fanservice for. Which might explain why I have so much Badri fanservice.

Anyway... Yeah, I agree. Much as I don't want to see it, it is amazing that Kevin has not yet made a single tentacle have an appearance. (Aren't most anime fans frightened of tentacles...?)

You like Mecha, eh? I like swords and things of that ilk. Though I have been known to catch the odd episode of Gundam Wing.....

--Maureen
If they can beat me, they deserve to win.
Greek Amazon13
Regular Poster

Postby Aireith on Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:41 pm

Stop insulting Badri? :o FAH! Where does this craziness come from?! Like THAT'S gonna happen!

OOOOH. And yet I should draw some Kire fanservice, eh? You're so anti-Quare. I can't figure out why..... ^^

Is there actually a Hick-ville Canada? That'd be pretty cool. I'd have to go visit. So what do you do if someone shoots you?

Wow. I'm SO online when I should be at my mom's, cleaning my room.... ^^;
Aireith
Regular Poster

Postby Splat Ooblie on Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:02 pm

You do NOT want to go to Hick-ville, okay!? There is NOTHING there but allergies and that one place with ice cream.

And can we just STOP talking about the tentacle thing? If you haven't noticed, I FREQUENTLY draw them with them. Ever seen them run around in pain, or grab anything? GUESS WHAT!! TENTACLES!! Technically, I refer to those as tendrils, but they are the same thing! I've been filling you up with filth all along! AHAHAHAHAAA!!

I just can't believe I had to actually state this, I thought someone would have noticed by now. Ah well, I'll just close this off with my new favorite quote.

"Smile like a donut."
<A HREF="http://oobliebros.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Thank you, drive through.</A><br><A HREF="http://oobliebros.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Splat Ooblie
Regular Poster

Postby Greek Amazon13 on Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:24 am

In response to 'Smile like a doughnut' ...... *CHOMP!* (Again.)

And no.... I don't consider something a tentacle unless there are suction cups somewhere......

I like suction cups. They're fun. And stick to things. Like windows.

And I have been to Hick-ville, Canada. It's name is Eastend, Saskatchewan.............
Greek Amazon13
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:18 pm

Ahh, returning home, to check up on e-mails and forum messages I had to forget about while away. Things come to mind, like how can I date someone that doesn't have a computer?!?!?!

*ahem*...Well, anyway. So, I think we've cleared the whole Fanservice issue. I might be wrong, I have been holding back the heftier points about involving fans into a characters lives and the storyline beyond the basic plot laid out, simply because that isn't always the case for drawing something.

As to Maureen's Quare Character, though, that could be nothing, least in my books. Out of the different styles to portray characters I enjoy doing a surreal sort of punk-gothic way. For the most part everyone I create is adorn with tattoo's, leather garments, chains, belts, piercings, archaic symbols and stuff you'd most likely see during an episode of Much Load. (Perhapes its been made obvious, but thats the sort of style I enjoy myself) I won't pretend that doesn't effect personal lives for certain characters, and as I've an equally twisted to creative mind things can be...weird.

I LOVE Mecha, that is if you compare it to any other sort of Anime genra...Well, to be fair I like the more serious, violent sort. Swords are wonderful. I love swords. I OWN swords (Fear now!) I adore the use of a blade so much that I can't help but have something sharp and deadly used more so then guns in most of my storylines.

There IS A hick-ville canada, though its more like Hick-land, as anywere surrounding Kingston Ontario qualifies. As Kev mentiond you do NOT want to go. Hell, I have to live here! *Proceeds to grumble for the better part of the night now that the facts been refreshed in his head :evil: * I must escape this vile place of trees and..and hicks..and..and cows..and shit like that! Argh! (By the way, if I do get shot there tends to be bleeding, more or less depending on where the bullet goes in. Afterwards, if I still live, there's a vivide reinactment of the various werewolf/monster-in-the-woods movies where the redneck gets found in pieces later)

I'll leave the whole Splat/tentical thing to lay were its at. With the forementioning of chains and leather and suction cups added to the tendrill/tentical discussion I'm starting to frighten myself.

By the way, Kev, I think the count of people I've confussed and embarressed with that quote is near fifteen.
Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

Postby Greek Amazon13 on Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:32 pm

Quare just bothers me cause he tortures people. ....And more to the point, he suggests ways that I could torture people. At inoppurtune moments. I have no problems with chains, leather, archaic symbols, belts, tattoos or fucked up makeup. As anyone who's ever seen me dressed would know. ^^

And DAMN YOU, boy! You own a sword?!? I hate you. I have been trying to convince my parents to let me get a sword for a good many years. (You can't buy one until you're 18...... Or at least that was the case when I asked the sword places..... *sigh*) They don't trust me with a sword. Which is stupid. I'm never irresponsible when I have a weapon. (I practice with my 'staff' [Read; piece of dowling rod] in the living room all the time.) I've never broken anything or hit anyone. In fact, the only time I've ever damaged something in the house, it was with my hands, because I didn't trust myself with a weapon at the time. (I punched through a wall in my basement.) Anyway, I've only got a few months until I'm 18 anyway, and then they can't stop me from getting one! HA! They're just being idiots......... Honestly, if I wanted a weapon for the purpose of injuring someone (Which is why they're so afriad to get me one) I'm bright enough to realize that one does not need a sword, specifically, to do so. I mean, I have enough 'weapons' in my room that I could use one of those. GEEZ. *is horribly bitter*

Yeah, anyway....

--Maureen
Greek Amazon13
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:23 pm

I've two characters, Kira and Dante. The two "love birds" are more likely to kill each other in "a moment" then anyone else in a fight. There's Xavier, who's homicidal tendencies have him roaming about cutting people into iddy-bitty pieces for fun. Isis, who believes if she eats the heart of her enemy she becomes stronger, and Kane, who's just a lover of all things genocidal.

Ohh yes, I have a sword (I feel so hated). I find it odd there's a restriction, but then, there's no law or rule or whatever that limits the age of purchase around her...I think. Swords have always just kept my interest. Most medievel weaponry tends to. Guns are fantabelous (Woo! English!) for sure, but the personality and symbolism of swords, replaced by far ranged weapons of mass distruction, is what compels me to waste near and over two hundred dollars each time I see a prized piece. I'm a would be collecter, and after getting my hands on a beautiful Katana I've found a Roman Gladius and Spanish Rapier to add REAL soon. I'm glad you see a sense of responsibility in owning something like a sword. I joke and get joked about having a functional piece of metal, but I don't see the humor in much of it. Its wonderful my sword can sheer through things easily, but I'm not going to go collecting heads because of the fact. I could understand why you'd be bitter about it. With all thats been said, people could argue strongly that a one of those metal rulers is as deadly. Or, there's the fact that there are a few wonderous 'adults' above 18 that go about with their newly purchased weapons, like knives and swords, and hack apart whatever they please.

Ahh, this is one of those trival, up-hill battles I'm sure we'll all see constantly through our lives. I'd love to express more so, but I'm tired and, despite what it may seem, at a loss for words. Damnable writers-block. All day too! Someone expand on this, if they'd like, and say their own views on how we live in a world that puts up so many confused and ideal rules while people still go about maiming and destroying people and things.
Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

Postby Splat Ooblie on Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:12 pm

YAAAARG!! >o< Damned people and their full, opinionated thoughts! My forum is all full of words and things now! How do they do it? When I type, everything gets reeeeeeeal short and quick, then suddenly it goes CRAZY RIGHT ABOUT NOW!! YARGITYBARGABARG!! Y'see? Wow.
<A HREF="http://oobliebros.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Thank you, drive through.</A><br><A HREF="http://oobliebros.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Splat Ooblie
Regular Poster

Postby Greek Amazon13 on Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:35 pm

Oh, Quare is, in no way, the only.... "violent" character in my head. He just happens to like talking. A lot. And like I said, he's annoying.....

To prove this point, I will give you a list of the main characters of my comic. ....Well, the ones that won't give you hot chocolate when they meet you. (This, may I point out, if for ONE comic. It does not include a whole shitload of others parading in my head, at least one of whom is a sadistic cannibal. I really want that guy to go away...... he's.... creepy. Quare is at least fun, sometimes.....)

Badri: Slut bounty hunter. Basic lifestyle is killing and sleeping around. ...Sometimes both.

Dar'en: Ambitious little guy, who likes killing and fighting and watching others die. Will also do anything to get what he wants. He also likes pain. (Both his and other people's..... But not to the extent that it would be considered a 'hobby'.)

Iuliana: Girl who fights and kills because she likes to. (She does whatever she thinks is fun.)

Kagan: Um.... He hates everybody.

Kedge: He hates everybody too. He's a sort-of mercenary. He's basically covered in weapons. He'll kill anyone. He has absolutely no emotions towards those he kills. Basically, he gets paid, so he'll kill 'em.

Kien: I'm not entirely sure what he is. Possibly an assassin. Either way, he'll kill people who piss him off.
He kills people quickly, if he can.

Quare: YAY. Sadisitic little bitch. Also an excellent strategist....... When he tortures people, his goal is to 'break' them. (The combination of sadism and strategic-mindedness is a bad one. Or, if you look at it from Quare's point of view, a good one.)

Sarekh: Overly bitter bitch-sorceress. Really likes killing people on a mass scale with magick.

Obviously, there's more to the characters than that, and there are other characters that aren't so obsessed with killing, but I'm just proving a point. ^^ (And... I'm not entirely sure what the point is. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have murderous characters.) And, as I said, I'm just listing that characters from one storyline. This is probably one of the more overall 'fluffy' stories that grows in my brain.

And for the record, Medieval weaponry is great. I love it and am totally obsessed with it. Actually, I like pretty much all pre-gun weaponry. (I'm not so big on guns; I think they're cheap.) The exception to this rule is anything blunt. I don't like blunt weapons, except for staffs (Staves?). My reasoning for this is that I much prefer the type of .... grace... required for weaponry that doesn't have a instruction booklet that reads "Beat enemy repeatedly with your blunt object of choice." And also, I wouldn't like the sound of blunt objects hitting someone. (Actually, thinking about it, I have a very long argument against blunt weapons. I don't think I'll post it....) Where do you stand on the Long-bow vs. Crossbow debate? I'm a long-bow girl, myself....

Yes, metal rulers can be deadly. So can pencils, pens, ties, headbands, hands, feet, textbooks, binder rings, etc, etc. All the things that you bring to school every day. Swords are just a more obvious weapon. (And also, there are martial arts and stuff featured around them. You don't see one of those for textbooks. Though you could have one... I mean, you could hit someone upside the head with it... or throw it at them... drop it on them... There could be different techniques!) *Is still bitter* Maybe I'll get one for Christmas this year..... (A sword. Not a textbook.)

Question, does anyone on this board know how to throw a boomerang to make it return?

--Maureen
Greek Amazon13
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:39 am

Well, if were going to get on with a character-listing moment, I'll hope on the bandwagon (if not to promote the people in my head, then to bother Kev more so with large posts)

Not all my characters are homicidal manicas, per say. The world they live in is at war, and in all likelyhood they've killed, or been within reaching distance of death. When you live in a world that was so raveged by war there could hardly be a population above 100, 000 things seem quite grim, and it reflects.

Kain (Who's name I mispelled eariler, argh!): The main source for the worlds pain. After murdering his family, Monarchs of a powerful State, he failed to obtain domination beyond his "inherited" land, which itself was threatend by invasion. So, after slipping into hidding for two or three years he returns, packing the will and ideals that would gather him follower after follower until he had an army, capably of tearing though the other countries after their own forces were weakended from prolong fighting. Kain has little opposition, in essance controlling the world. He's cold hearted, cunning, intelligent beyond any and his temper makes me seem lethargic. Most of all his guilty of nearly destroying the world. This is a guy who doesn't give a flying fuck about those weaker then him, and would play ring toss with your severed head on a stick before smiling...Er, that actually might make him smile.

Alexander: The other key, important character, Alex is Kains only surviving relative. His brother. Alex is yin to Kain's yang, but without the malicious intent he hasn't been able to put his brother down. His crusade to stop Kain, though, has developed his own sort of army, and with them he promised to stop Kain, killing him if so needed.

Ulrick: On neither Kain or Alexanders side, Ulrick is a definite example of obsessive behavour. His wife was killed during one of Kains battles, where in Ulrick was a general of the defending military, he won't stop until Kain's dead. He neglects his daughter, tends to murder whoever even doubts his cause, and is a raging drunk. Never the less, people seem to follow him as well, though more so for revenge against those that took their families instead of anything else.

Gah..Getting long. Those are three pillars to a massive amount of characters. Some time soon I hope to post up a list of characters (The more important ones) with tiny bios, just for shits and giggles. Either way I have far to many to sully the Forum with.

Guns are perhapes cheap, but war has evolved, and as much as I love medievel weaponry, I'm going to face down an mans .357 revolver with my 9mm Semi. Blunt objects, such as clubs, tables, another persons head, would definitely fit under the "use if you have to" list, but then, fighting isn't always fancy, perfect moves and the graceful meeting of combatents.

As for the Longbow vs. Crossbow debate, I'd have to say it all depends. A longbow is a wonderfully powerful and aqquirate weapon at long range, and you could take a rider off his horse from across the battle-field, but a crossbow is faster and more devestating at close range, being smaller but still punching through shield and armour. (Damn you History Class!) Its all on situation, I suppose. Though, I find an idea weapon is a small, pistol-sized crossbow. Its not as powerful or capable of long range, but you can put a bolt in someones neck before they reach you :D

As much as anything can become a weapon, its not so much how obvious the tool is, but what the person holding it intends to do. I'm sure people have been stabbed and hurt by common objects as much as a sword or knife, but the obvious weapons are choosen first and showcased more, so the best we can do is thank the fuckers who ruin it for everyone else. Mind you, if you work on that text-book fighting technique you may be able to seek out justice.

Must...go...damn...classes.

Oh, to throw a boomerange so it returns you must hold about half way up on end, with the curve facing outward [ so if your throwing <-- this way, hold it like ) that ] You have to flick your wrist, as well as using your arm to through, making sure the 'range's got a counter-clockwise spin. Hope that helps, but to be certain don't chuck the thing at people just yet.
Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

Postby Aireith on Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:57 pm

Kevin: I agree. Posts are becoming too long and meaningful! AUGH! *claps hands* Let's up the stupidity level here, people!
Aireith
Regular Poster

Postby Splat Ooblie on Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:10 pm

*gets a running start, then dives at a brick wall and doubles over in pain* Ta-da..... Ow.
Splat Ooblie
Regular Poster

Postby Greek Amazon13 on Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:33 pm

I like the sound of your characters, actually...

As to mine, they're not all homicidal manaiacs..... And there's obviously more to their characters than "Hey... something moved. Kill it!!", but... you know...... For the sake of being brief... (Plus, I didn't want to give out spoilers...)

Thanks for the tip on the boomerrang, by the way.... I've been having trouble with those things....

Laura, Kevin, I did keep it short! So HAH!

--Maureen
Greek Amazon13
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:54 pm

I like the sound of your characters as well, Maureen, and don't doubt the creativity flowing through each. All those pesky creatures within my head are sucking away my own life, the selfish monsters. But, at least people like them, and find at least one person to sympathis with.

No problem with the boomerange help, it wasn't a problem. Hope it works out, I personally am glad I don't own the damnable things anymore. Once you get them to do complete 360's the trick next would be to catch them. (If you think you can.)

I'll keep my own post short, I'm not feeling to wordy anyway. Besides, its ma' birthday today, so I'm taking a hefty break from rule-of-the-mill activities.

Time to devour whats left of my cake, then work on another stubborn sketch
Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

Postby Greek Amazon13 on Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:15 pm

Oh, catching won't be a problem. I'm good with frisbees and stuff, so.... ^^

Anyway, Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and 'creativity'? Not so much. They just... live in my mind, is all. (I'd say it's slightly different than being creative about them, as they just tell me what they think I need to know. It's even more annoying when they won't tell me stuff.....
Greek Amazon13
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:26 am

Well, I should say thanks for the happy birthday, though I'm a week or so of. Fuck, but I barely got a thing done personal-wise. No drawing, no writing, no reply to e-mails (though I don't do that to often anyway) or posting on beloved Forums. I didn't even get started on sculpting a website :evil:

Creativity comes in a lot of different forms, and having ones subjects living in your head is usually an advantage (If not problematic when explaining it to a psychoanalyst :D ) Each and everyone one of my characters, baring the tiny, unimportant ones, don't so much live inside of me, but rather a bit of me in them. I hope that makes sense, I've got a lot more things to do online before dashing off to school.

'Least I posted on someplace for once in after a week. Lets see how this one turns out.
Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

Postby Splat Ooblie on Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:07 pm

Since this topic seems to be all about characters or weapons, I feel it's time I toss in my latest character attempt.

I've always wanted to make a Malkavian. Oh, the pleasure of playing a vampire that's only weakness is it's strength: Insanity. I've tried, and tried, and tried to make one properly, but each of the attempts at a cold, terrifying horror quickly melted away into a goofy violent joke. But now, I think I finally have one... Now if I can fine-tune the character's history (not to mention get off my ass and Role-play)

This one all started out as a doodle in my sketch book, seeing as I'm doing an art project on madness, I've been drawing all sorts of crazy people. I always had floating around in my head for one art project of one man, quietly, happily huddled in the darkest corner of his cell, grinning like there's no tommorow. But.... What's that he's holding? Oh my! Why, it's someone's internal organs! (well, in the first sketch, it was his own eyes...)

So now, after much changes, I seem to have come up with a Malkavian antitribu that's been locked up in underground in a Sabbat stronghold just WAITING for an opportunity to play with some fresh meat. His cell is usually decorated with intestines strewn about like garland from his last meal, and an equally pleasent stench of a slaughterhouse.

Somewhere, I'll throw in that he's been a test subject of a Tzimisce and he'll have some kind of fleshcrafted goodies.

Isn't amazing how much can come from a quick flicker of thought? I came up with the initial image a few weeks ago at work of just a dark cell and a guy holding his own eyes... OOH!! My character sheets are printed. Toodles!

(Edited afterwards: Fuck, I thought I might have finally broken Richard's post lengths, but of course not!)
Splat Ooblie
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:55 pm

Time and enegry to do a few posts on a few forums, and once more I return to the craddle of this place. Happily of course.

Do to the pain that is Christmas shopping I'm to low on funds to buy a new collection piece, and just as I found a japanese blade in a full wooden scabbard, the length of it engraved and all done in a fine finish. It isn't so bad I've made this find only to know I won't be able to get it, for its given me that right spice of anger I always have during the holidays. But, it has led me to become creative, and so I know draw up plans of my own to make a replica of a Yari (Japanese Spear. Someday I'll get finished with the Asian weaponry and move to more westernly warfare). It should prove interesting enough.

Speaking of interesting. Kev, your Malkavian concept is inspired, and I can just image the image you described. Its was also enough to remind me of a few things. As you others should know damn well, Kev and I (and and now becoming more interested in Vampire, I tend to play Changelings (please don't ask to many questions for me to explain that, I've lost count as to how many times I have) online on a chat. But, recenlty I find myself becoming a sort of advisor for a few starting a campagne to take over the "city" on the chat. Kev, the leader of this little idea is none other then Sasha, and I suggest you drag your ass on White-Wolf to catch the little scamp. She's using a, in her words, slightly sometimes Donovan) Play D&D like games by White-Wolf, with Vampires and Werewolfs and Mages, oh my! Despite starting off a Werewolf fan, unoriginal handle for her character (Sasha_Mileard.) I'd have told you sooner, but I haven't turned MSN Messanger on in over two weeks, and might not for another. There are, despite the chance to catch up, definite roleplay possibilities within this uprising.

Now, to finish this little sketch I'm working on. The downside to an especially violent scene is all that work for the right looking sort of blood smearing.

By the way. I am the king of posts!
Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:58 pm

Time and enegry to do a few posts on a few forums, and once more I return to the craddle of this place. Happily of course.

Do to the pain that is Christmas shopping I'm to low on funds to buy a new collection piece, and just as I found a japanese blade in a full wooden scabbard, the length of it engraved and all done in a fine finish. It isn't so bad I've made this find only to know I won't be able to get it, for its given me that right spice of anger I always have during the holidays. But, it has led me to become creative, and so I know draw up plans of my own to make a replica of a Yari (Japanese Spear. Someday I'll get finished with the Asian weaponry and move to more westernly warfare). It should prove interesting enough.

Speaking of interesting. Kev, your Malkavian concept is inspired, and I can just image the image you described. Its was also enough to remind me of a few things. As you others should know damn well, Kev and I (and and now becoming more interested in Vampire, I tend to play Changelings (please don't ask to many questions for me to explain that, I've lost count as to how many times I have) online on a chat. But, recenlty I find myself becoming a sort of advisor for a few starting a campagne to take over the "city" on the chat. Kev, the leader of this little idea is none other then Sasha, and I suggest you drag your ass on White-Wolf to catch the little scamp. She's using a, in her words, slightly sometimes Donovan) Play D&D like games by White-Wolf, with Vampires and Werewolfs and Mages, oh my! Despite starting off a Werewolf fan, unoriginal handle for her character (Sasha_Mileard.) I'd have told you sooner, but I haven't turned MSN Messanger on in over two weeks, and might not for another. There are, despite the chance to catch up, definite roleplay possibilities within this uprising.

Now, to finish this little sketch I'm working on. The downside to an especially violent scene is all that work for the right looking sort of blood smearing.

Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

Postby Methuselah on Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:29 pm

Its so...cold
Methuselah
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to The Ooblie Bros.