I yam a Joe Frank lover.

Postby Shepherd on Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:20 am

Is anyone else out there in Man-Man-Land a fan of the radio work of Joe Frank?<P>I got turned on to Mr. Frank through the auspices of Dr. Crispy Knight, an infrequent poster to these boards, about six months ago, and he is now my audio messiah.
<A HREF="http://www.joefrank.com" TARGET=_blank>www.joefrank.com</A> is the fastest way to access the man's mad genius. He's my radio hero!<P><P>------------------
Matt Shepherd, Writer
<A HREF="http://manmancomics.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Man-Man Comics</A>
Shepherd
Regular Poster

Postby Shepherd on Wed Oct 31, 2001 11:18 am

Joe Frank, people!
JOE FRANK!
Shepherd
Regular Poster

Postby Crispy Knight on Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shepherd:
<B>Joe Frank, people!
JOE FRANK!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Face it, people just aren't ready. Radio has regressed to such a sad state that all well-minded folk who ten years ago would've been cocks-of-the-cultural-walk are now reduced to a Lynchian state of psychic catatonia waiting for the next digitally time-compressed 'hit' to swiftly segue to another block of commercials that value you, the consumer.<P>And 100 years ago consumption was such a bad thing to associate with...<P>Crispy "I got the 'Dr.' at Oral Roberts U" Knight <P>------------------
409 your coffeemaker
Crispy Knight

Postby TheGreatElBobo on Sun Nov 04, 2001 7:26 am

I wish they'd bring back radio serials. Or pulp comics. Those were good. Especially the Shadow.
TheGreatElBobo
Regular Poster

Postby TheangryQ on Sun Nov 04, 2001 8:15 am

Or insane, lunatic rantings. Gone are the days when you could turn on the radio at 3 am and hear William S. Burroughs. "Dead City Radio" kicks ass, even if you don't really like "Naked Lunch".<P>Damn it, I have to start a pirate radio station some day.<p>[This message has been edited by theangryQ (edited 11-04-2001).]
TheangryQ
Regular Poster

Postby Crispy Knight on Sun Nov 04, 2001 9:04 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheGreatElBobo:
<B>I wish they'd bring back radio serials. Or pulp comics. Those were good. Especially the Shadow.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Money talks, unfortunately. I only hope that the thousands of hours of early radio serials don't completely disappear the way so many early films have. Thankfully, the wonder of the Internet has allowed collectors and enjoyers of such entertainment to garner much wider access to material (that is, until the RIAA sends their thugs and goons in to quash the swapping of old radio shows).<P>I've only got to collecting a few, but the best I've heard so faris an adaptation of Ray Bradbury's 'Zero Hour'. Very creepy.<P>Crispy
Crispy Knight

Postby ManMan on Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:24 pm

Maybe we should do a man-man audio serial...
More shallow than the Shadow...
More spacey than George and Gracie...
I know that sucks, but I be gramatically challenged...
ManMan
Regular Poster

Return to Man-Man Comics