"World of Fizz" trivia

"World of Fizz" trivia

Postby RobertBlake on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:20 pm

I may make a page for these on the site, but for now I'll just post them here.

- The second incarnation of the comic was titled "A Day In The Life", after a Beatles song.

- Alex's full name is Alexander Hamilton Fizuth.

- the English equivalent of Carlos Enrique's (Alex's mouse friend) name is Charles Henry. I got the names from my great grandfathers.

- Dawn's last name is Morgenstern, which is German for "morning star". Also, Dawn's original name was Denise. Then I realised there was already a Denise character in Bill Amend's "Foxtrot" comic, and given already existing similarities between "Fizz" and "Foxtrot", I renamed the character.

- Kelli's original name was going to be Billie Jean, after the Michael Jackson song.

- Aimee was originally called Peggy Sue. The name came from the movie, "Peggy Sue Got Married"

- The Fizuth surname is a play on Fitzooth. In some versions of the Robin Hood legend (which, I might add, is my favourite story), Robin's last name is Fitzooth. I've also been asked before on the pronunciation of "Fizuth". The actual pronunciation is "fits-uth", although "fizz-uth" is acceptable.

- The turtle character that occasionally appears in the comic is called Cornelius, is named after my "mentor of sorts", J.W. Cornelius.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Creator of the World of Fizz comic strip, untold amounts of insanity, and various bodily fluids. But mostly the comic strip.
RobertBlake
Regular Poster

Return to World of Fizz