Copyright

Copyright

Postby Kousu on Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:25 pm

On your front page you say Final Draft is licensed under the CC-BY license. However, just above the little graphic that says "some rights reserved" you've got "All Rights Reserved", just as on every other comic.

So, which do you want actually? It seems that the license would override the other statement to me, but I know little about esoteric legal issues like that, so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

In any case, I've listed you on Common Content because you've got the Creative Commons button. Should I take you off there?
Idiom Syndrome <- It's fun for the whole family, assuming your family is a bunch of raving hyenas who are bent on world domination and fine wine.
Kousu

Postby Kousu on Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:59 pm

Still waiting for an answer... :(
Idiom Syndrome <- It's fun for the whole family, assuming your family is a bunch of raving hyenas who are bent on world domination and fine wine.
Kousu

Postby Patach on Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:12 am

Sorry for the extremely late response :(, I haven't had much time to look over the forums lately.

The Creative Commons License is confusing, even to me. The original copyright has always been "all rights reserved". Creative Commons seemed to want to take the safe way out in labelling my copyright by saying "some".

I removed the label from the website for the time being, until I figure out what I can do with Creative Commons. But to answer your question, it's up to you if you want to remove the link from the website or not.
Is this comic ANTI-AMERICAN? You make the call: <A HREF="http://finaldraft.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>http://finaldraft.keenspace.com, Final Draft</A> (Mature Audiences only)
Patach
Regular Poster

Postby Kousu on Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:58 pm

I've always taken the "some" to be more tongue-in-cheek than hard legal reality. I think it's meant to get your attention by saying "hey! this isn't all rights reserved, it's different!".

But if you meant all rights reserved then CC isn't right for you. I'll take out the link.
Kousu

Return to Final Draft