Badly Drawn Kitties, and the people who love them

Badly Drawn Kitties, and the people who love them

Postby Fox-o-Nine on Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:52 am

This is my retraction. Well... maybe more of a <i>reaction</i>.

I draw Badly Drawn Kitties, and I just read what Patrick had to say about what I had to say about his <a href="http://badlydrawnkitties.keenspace.com/fanart/patrickcheng.jpg">fanart</a>. In response, I apologize for implying that the fanart was meant as an insult. As I told him, my first reaction was kind of a double-take, as was the reaction of the people I showed it to in advance. But I'm easy-going, and have a sense of humor about myself, and didn't really think so much effort would have been put into an insult.

The insult is erased by the <i>exceedingly</i> kind words that follow:
<i>Quoting from Ted Rall again, there's many great cartoonists that can't draw worth shit, but can write very good. But there aren't many great cartoonists that can draw good, but can't write worth shit. Fortunately for Mat, his cartoon is an example of a great cartoonist's work.</i>.

I don't deserve to be praised so highly. But hell, I'll take it. And I reciprocate: I do love the way Lydia was drawn in that fanart, and like I told Patrick, Lucy looks like a Radiohead bear, which makes anything good.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fox-o-Nine

Postby Flabajaba2213 on Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:37 pm

Word. that's all that I have to say. :-?

if you read, REPLY!!!!!!

flabajaba2213
Flabajaba2213
Regular Poster

Postby Ratbert on Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:24 am

So what? I've run into your strip a number of times and that's really all I see there is to it. But, to each his own, I guess. By the way, that one was the funniest strip of them all.
Ratbert
Regular Poster

Return to Final Draft