What's Been Happening

What's Been Happening

Postby Miroberus on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:40 pm

I've got nothing. Worst case of writer's block I've had in a long, long while. Hopefully I'll get my act together soon.

I wish I had a better explanation; I'll try and keep everyone better informed.
Miroberus
Regular Poster

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:22 pm

Cool, good to know. It makes me very happy to know you are still thinking about SDaze. :D
If you need something, how about baghead girls backstory? Most of it is ready to go. It could make a nice sidestory, right where we left her. As her conciousness fades, her life flashes before her eyes, slowly, so we can follow the action. :P Then once done, we pop back where we left off. Heck, if it helps, talk (or type) it out with us. I know I'd love to read, and maybe contribute, to your process. Give it a shot!

As I recall, this is a bridge story, focusing on how Graves got from cult to new body cyborg. We know the start, the end, even much of the setup and just have to build a bit more middle. It sounds doable to me. :oops:
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby Miroberus on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Honestly, right now I'm still feeling burned out. I'm trying to find something to jumpstart my creativity again, but so far nothing has clicked.

That's about all I can say right now. :(
Miroberus
Regular Poster

Come back, StrangeDaze! Come back!

Postby Guildenstern on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:51 pm

So, any progress? Regress? Congress? Digress?
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.
Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Postby Miroberus on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:18 pm

I've got ... something. Narrowed focus; not exactly Strange Daze, but similar. Set in New Mexico, mixing up a lot of the local legends. Here's what I've brainstormed so far:

- Two of the Lost Cities of Gold. Quivara (populated by undead who practice a religion mixing Catholicism, Manichaean Gnosticism, and Mayan beliefs) and Cibola (stronghold of Basque/Visigoth Fae who fled the Djinni invasion of Spain; tense relations with the local Kachinas)

- III. The Conspiracy. Linked by paranoid theorists to the Illuminati, the Trilateral Commision, Hermes Trismegistus, the Catholic Church, chinese Triads, the Three Tenors, and more.

- Those cursed Reptoids and their Grey mercenaries

- Centaur Conquistadors

- Urban shamans who wear the skins of dogs so as to take their form

- Duke and Kane

Hopefully, this is going somewhere
Miroberus
Regular Poster

Current progress

Postby Miroberus on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:25 pm

Well, I'm drawing again; just nothing sequential. Mostly, it's drawing exercises: hands, full body form, poses, expressions, etc. Going through comics, manga, anime, and cartoons, and copying what appeals to me. I should probably start doing the same thing with actual photographs.

Just wanted to break up the silence, a bit.
Miroberus
Regular Poster

Postby Clem on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:30 am

Hang in. Picking up the pencil even if not for the comic is a step in the right direction. You're way too creative for this block to last indefinitely. It may be quiet on the forum, but we're still out here ... watching ... waiting ... slavering ... preparing to pounce ....
Clem
Regular Poster

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:33 am

Pouncing?!?! :o
Nobody told me there was going to be pouncing!
You better stay where I can see you pal!
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina