And so it begins (er, continues)...

And so it begins (er, continues)...

Postby Bushipunk on Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:44 am

Simple, ominous, dialogue-free.

The hitcher looks familiar (and this being a flashback I assume that's not just me), but I can't place the face right now. I'm only about halfway through the archives since last night. The vague silouhette in the truck makes me think of Duke, though then again that's just because Duke wears a trucker's cap.

Now, the archives start in late 2000; assuming it's always been contemporary, 1999 is before Jack first got Chained, before Thera remembered her identity, etc... So it seems pretty reasonable we may never actually have met this girl before. That said, anyone have any speculation?

Bushi
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Postby Quantum Alchemist on Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:48 pm

That sure looks like pre-Incarnate-awareness Morrigan to me.
Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

"You know what they say, ten'll get you twenty."

Postby Bushipunk on Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:09 pm

Quantum Alchemist wrote:That sure looks like pre-Incarnate-awareness Morrigan to me.

That seems right, though I wonder about the age. Morrigan's twelve now, so in '99 she would have been around seven. I'm even worse at judging age in comics than in real life (and in real life my standard deviation is ten years), but if that girl's seven, she's awfully big. Nor do I imagine the average trucker would stop for a seven year old, except to radio her in.

Of course Morrigan's an Incarnate, and there's no reason to assume it's an average, or even human, trucker.

I can't come up with a reasonable alternate hypothesis, anyway, even now that I've completed my trip through the archives. So, Morrigan it is. Running away from home, apparently. Further speculation: It seems reasonable that Morrigan got her identity back before Thera did, perhaps a year or so before. I wonder what triggered her memories?
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Postby Quantum Alchemist on Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:17 pm

This assumes that Morrigan -continued- to age after realizing what she was.

It's entirely possible that Incarnating (as it were) stopped her aging process dead in its tracks in '99.

(Which might explain why she's so pissy.)
Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

Postby Bushipunk on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:58 pm

Quantum Alchemist wrote:This assumes that Morrigan -continued- to age after realizing what she was.

It's entirely possible that Incarnating (as it were) stopped her aging process dead in its tracks in '99.

(Which might explain why she's so pissy.)

Ah, c'est vrai. It is, indeed, certainly the case; none of the other Incarnates seems to age after all.

Poor kid.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Re: And so it begins (er, continues)...

Postby Mirober on Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:31 pm

Bushipunk wrote:Now, the archives start in late 2000; assuming it's always been contemporary, 1999 is before Jack first got Chained, before Thera remembered her identity, etc...

This takes place soon after the first storyline, but before Mara was attacked by Sirrus.
Mirober
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina