Aha! Huh?

Postby Acolyte on Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:14 pm

I don't know about "of course"; this isn't a system I'm familiar with. What's a domitor? The only reference to them I can find online has to do with playing a ghoul in various RPGs involving the undead. Somehow, I don't think that's what you have in mind here.
Acolyte
Regular Poster

Postby Guildenstern on Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:44 pm

I was right! Woo!
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.
Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Postby Mirober on Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:26 am

Whoops; sorry about that, Acolyte. I should have been more clear: this is what I made up. Yes, it is heavily influenced by traditional folklore (the Dionysian Hierarchy of three by three remains), but a lot of it has been changed. Part of the "Nobody has it exactly right" thing I tend to go for.

The First Choir remains much that same as in the real world system.
Domitor is a derivation from Dominion; their function I took from the dictionary Angels A to Z , which is to "regulate the angels". Ofanim ... I'm not sure where I got that. Google search tells me that it is an actual classification, and that it means "Wheeled Ones." Probably got it from In Nomine the rpg. Sepharim got folded into Sephirot, from the Kabbalah (or however you wish to spell that), which is also from whence Qlippoth came.

That there are different types of angels outside of their rank in this system isn't something which I can definitively give a source for. My guess is that it comes from an rpg mindset, i.e. you have "race" and "class".
Mirober
Regular Poster

Postby Acolyte on Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:51 pm

Mirober wrote:Ofanim ... I'm not sure where I got that. Google search tells me that it is an actual classification, and that it means "Wheeled Ones." Probably got it from In Nomine the rpg.

Maybe from that same dictionary? They're from the visions of Ezekiel, and they're very strange. (Ez. 1:15-21, 10:9-16) (Not that Ezekiel ever saw or was ever told to do or say anything normal.) Von Daniken and his lot use that passage to "prove" that God was an alien since the wheels are "obviously" flying saucers. Really though, they're not "obviously" anything I can easily visualize, nor anyone else I think. I'd love to see someone try to draw one from the description.

Sepharim got folded into Sephirot, from the Kabbalah (or however you wish to spell that), which is also from whence Qlippoth came.

You mean "Seraphim", right? I almost thought you meant Sephardim, which are something else altogether. :)

Kabbalah... Qabala... Cabalah... Aw, screw it.

That there are different types of angels outside of their rank in this system isn't something which I can definitively give a source for. My guess is that it comes from an rpg mindset, i.e. you have "race" and "class".

Nothing wrong with making it up. I was just wondering if you had some source I hadn't heard of.

It occurs to me that it's a good job Ofanim Gregory wasn't a Grigori, because that would have been really confusing. "Soylen Viridis Homines Est" indeed!
Acolyte
Regular Poster

Postby Mirober on Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:26 pm

Acolyte wrote:Maybe from that same dictionary?

Nope, no listing for Ofanim. I thought they might have been mentioned under the entry for Thrones, given the similar descriptions, but nothing there either. Hrm.

I'd love to see someone try to draw one from the description.

Wheels within wheels, covered with eyes, arrayed as a chariot, yeah? Heh, that would be something to see.

You mean "Seraphim", right? I almost thought you meant Sephardim, which are something else altogether. :)

Urm, yes. Exiled Jewish Spaniards did not, in fact, travel back in time to destroy the Pagan gods.

Nothing wrong with making it up. I was just wondering if you had some source I hadn't heard of.

Nope, at least not to my knowledge. I have run into some weird coincidences regarding the comic before: for example, about a year or so ago I learned that the Minoan island of Thera is believed to possibly have been the basis for the Atlantis legend.

It occurs to me that it's a good job Ofanim Gregory wasn't a Grigori, because that would have been really confusing. "Soylen Viridis Homines Est" indeed!

I blame damn dirty apes.
Mirober
Regular Poster

Postby Orion on Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:04 pm

its fun knowing there are people just as weird and strange as you isn't it?
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Regina Felina