Shouldn't Jack be the First Child?

Shouldn't Jack be the First Child?

Postby Guildenstern on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:53 am

Now that he's soulless and all, it just seems more appropriate. And he never struck me as spineless anyway.

Ooh! Will he get to pilot a giant bio-robot at some point?
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.
Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Postby Orion on Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 am

I would imagine that implies he's not the first bio-magical weapon Loki and the doctor created. Of course what happened to the other two is anyone's guess.

New fun fact: Apparently when an Incarnate regenerates lost body mass it has a side effect of tatoos :D
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bushipunk on Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:42 am

orion wrote:I would imagine that implies he's not the first bio-magical weapon Loki and the doctor created. Of course what happened to the other two is anyone's guess.

It's been mentioned in the strip before that Loki and Dr. Landers had multiple creations; Dr. Landers says, "all the children are important," if I recall correctly. As to Jack's being the third, I don't remember if we knew that before. Mind you, I'm not sure all the "children" were bio-magical weapons, per se.

Now, the fact that these ghouls specifically refer to Jack as the 3rd Child is interesting, because it seems to imply they're definitely working for Loki. It seems unlikely anyone else would know about Jack's origin in that much detail. That being said, while they are being conscientious about taking Jack alive as per Dr. Landers' wishes, I'm not sure she meant, "and kill everyone he knows or cares about rather than explaining anything to him." From Dr. Landers' point of view, at least, they ought to have his best interests are heart to some degree, so the heavy handed approach seems curious.

Bushi
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Postby Guildenstern on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:31 am

Well, yeah, I know... I was just jokingly referencing Evangelion.

About working for Loki... well, in a struggle like this, I'd imagine there'd be spies everywhere. It's not impossible that some other group managed to find out about him. Nyarlathotep, for instance, knows his true name.

... and works for the agents of the Lovecraft Mythos.
... and it wouldn't be impossible for him to get an ancient Atlantian thingus.

Hm.
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.
Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Postby Quantum Alchemist on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:13 pm

I just have one thing to say.

Ghoul.

Tastes like chicken!
Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

Postby Bushipunk on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:28 pm

Guildenstern wrote:Well, yeah, I know... I was just jokingly referencing Evangelion.

About working for Loki... well, in a struggle like this, I'd imagine there'd be spies everywhere. It's not impossible that some other group managed to find out about him. Nyarlathotep, for instance, knows his true name.

... and works for the agents of the Lovecraft Mythos.
... and it wouldn't be impossible for him to get an ancient Atlantian thingus.

Hm.

You know, this is something I never thought I'd say, but...

This seems a little unsubtle for the Rag Man. Which isn't to say that it's not him. We don't know everything, but we certainly know there's a lot at stake here. I wonder, though.

Bushi
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina