Four hundred miles on two sodas and a burger.

Four hundred miles on two sodas and a burger.

Postby Mirober on Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:04 pm

Back home from trip. Just drove six and a half hours. Brain feels a bit like pudding. :P

On a happy note: FREE COMIC DAY ROCKED!!! The local chain of stores in Phoenix (Atomic Comics), had comic artists there signing books and doing sketches. I got a Dawn sketch from Joseph Micheal Linsner (creator of Cry for Dawn), AND a Shockwave sketch by Pat Lee (artist who does the bad-ass drawings of Transformers these days). Definitely the high-point of the trip.

And now I'm gonna go shut down for a bit to recover (maybe try and find something to eat ... )
Mirober
Regular Poster

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:16 pm

Damn, sounds pretty cool. Are those artists based in Pheonix? I'd like to see that transformers sketch. Glad you liked your trip.
Did you catch The War Within? That was some sweet comic.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby Mirober on Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:54 am

Haven't seen War Within; is it out in paperback?
Mirober
Regular Poster

More then meets the eye!

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:36 pm

Sweet pics, soundwave looks like he has a car grill on his forehead. As usual.
I'm hearing conflicting info on War Within trade, canceled, on backorder, etc.
There is supposedly some bonus material in the trade, I'm tempted to get one, this series was so good. Did a google on: the war within transformers, found some stuff there. I have the full series and the moving cover of Optimus transforming. Very nice gatefold on the first issue. I would have liked the alternate and chase covers, but I don't have that much money. I've never been a fan of most of the Transformer comics, there's just something...not good about alot of them. But this series just plain ROCKED. The second miniseries was pretty good too, but nowhere near the first. I dearly would like a few transformers toys in the War Within designs. The basis of the comic is the civil war a few million years ago. The designs all look good, would work as toys and seem to fit the setting (think how Kup had an odd but good design).
Another Transformers series I liked was the Generation 2 comic. It wasn't for everyone, but there was alot of good stuff there.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina