Me whining and cussing like a sailor; please ignore

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

Do you actually recognize all my sources? :o Wow. I figured at least Acid Reflux and 5th millenium would be somewhat obscure. Not to mention Strange Daze. :D None of my players follow any of this stuff, so I doubt they'll ever recognize anything. The best stealing bits for a game I've run into is a Shadowrun campaign based on Sailor Moon. And it worked wonderfully. None of us did figure it out until he told us after the game finished.
Oh, and welcome to our little forum community.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

Caught me, I didn't know the 5th millinium thing. But Acid reflux can't be that obscure can it? I suppose less people know about it now that it died off. :( That was such a wonderfully neat setting all by itself, so sorry to see it go.

Oh, and welcome to our little forum community.
I find the best strategy when first posting somewhere is to act like I've been here all along and then question the sanity of anyone who says otherwise.

Therefore: What is this crazy person talking about? Someone help me!
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

Let me educate you. The 5th Millenium is a set of novels in a shared world between 3 authors. The only author I remember off hand is S.M. Stirling, who has written lots of stuff, Island in the Sea of Time for example (cool book btw, a modern island has to rebuild civilization from almost scratch after being dumped in the late bronze age). It takes place on Earth in the 5th millenium after a nuclear war that happened somewhere around the present day. There is some magic/psionics, so it gave me some appropriate rebuilding after armageddon ideas. For instance fibreglass, compound bows and katanas are fairly common, and Uncle Sam and the eagle are concidered boogymen.
I am also sad to see Acid Reflux go. Funny, and the world was just great. Too bad Dan can't find a new artist. I also wonder what happened to Emily.
And someone has offically announced the english rights to Tenchi OVA series 3. I can't remember who, but they didn't say if they were waiting for the series to finish or not before dubbing them (I'm guessing they're waiting). So I haven't been able to find more fansubs. :cry:
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long