Hmmmn...

Acolyte
Regular Poster

Post by Acolyte »

Mirober wrote:hajimemashita boku wa imasu, miyabi-ya ni ikimashita uma o tabemasu
Gee, that cleared everything up!

Clem
Regular Poster

Post by Clem »

Mirober, you just brought home to me how long it has been since I was in Japan. I spent a year and a half there 25 or so years ago, but all I get out of that with the little Japanese I retained is something incoherent about "How do you do?" and eating a horse. I'm pretty sure the last part is wrong.

Mirober
Regular Poster

Post by Mirober »

How do you do, I exist, I went to a souveniour shop, I will eat a horse. Basically just shovelling out random phrases, probably incorrectly conjugated.

Mirober
Regular Poster

Post by Mirober »

Seafog the 3rd wrote:About Yggdrassil and its saplings, the Incarnates are pieces of the one trees power, so are the saplings Are the saplings potential Incarnates waiting to happen? Or are they meerly repositories of the remaining unaspected power? Plus, how many saplings did Kali have to pull off the remaking? Or was the Book of Life enough? How was the 'old' world different from the 'remade' one?
The Incarnates represent the metaphysical aspects of the Tree; the Saplings represent the physical aspects. The Saplings allow for reshaping the physical reality of Earth itself, in a way that isn't possible for any of the Incarnates acting alone. To Remake the Earth, Kali had to control ALL of the Yggdrassil Saplings. As for the differences between the old world (or True World, as Hephaestus and his circle term it) and the new, there really aren't that many. The big one is that most evidence of the Antedeluvian Civilizations and other pre-human cultures were wiped out. A few individual artifacts and places slipped through, but for the most part it was all destroyed. (as always, keep in mind that some of the stuff I say on the message board isn't always set in stone)
Completely unrelated note, a new Techi Muyo series is comming out, yay! Everyone go watch.
<anime geek otaku fanboy mode engaged>
Planning to! I've already picked up the first disc of GXP, and anxiously awaiting the new Tenchi series; they're finally going back to finish the original storyline!!! GO RYOKO!!!!!!
<exiting otaku mode>

Um, I mean, yeah, I'll probably check it out. Y'know, if I have time.

Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

Post by Quantum Alchemist »

Wh.. what?

They're finishing the storyline that got cut off when they stopped making OVAs?

DETAILS MAN DETAILS

DON'T MAKE ME GO ALL INCARNATE OF DESTRUCTION ON YOUR A$$, BUDDY!

Mirober
Regular Poster

Post by Mirober »

Um, no details, really. That's just what I heard: that they're finally going back to the original OVA storyline. I believe I also saw some pictures, showing the third Goddess (the one with Tsunami and Washuu), along with some other character sketches. I'm inclined to not immediatley disbelieve, since I've seen the characters displayed in the sketches on the official site (http://www.tenchi-web.com/) Keep in mind, this is all from knowledge that is several months out of date.

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Some details.

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

OK, for those who haven't looked it up yet. There is a new Tenchi Muyo TV series comming out now in N. America. Known as GXP (apparently short for Galaxy Police Transporter or similar), it takes place in the OVA continuity, some time AFTER the upcomming 3rd OVA series. It stars Yamada Seina, an earthling with Mihoshi level bad luck, who is an aquaintance, distantly related to, and 'neighbor' of the Tenchi family. He ends up being recruited to the Galaxy Police and has adventures. Of course there are numerous cute girls, pirates, Mihoshi's mother and wierd hijinks, comedy ensues.
There is also the 3rd Tenchi Muyo OVA series comming out now in Japan (an episode every few months). The first two episodes are available through your friendly local bittorrent. I don't like some of what they're doing, but it mostly seems pretty cool. There are a few new characters, who I can't detail because it would ruin some of the good scenes. But I will tell you there is no sign of Kiyone showing up, and the first episode ends on an interesting 'cliffhanger'. 8)
There is also some word running around that there will be another side story series, staring Tenchi's brother, or alternate dimension brother and fighting mecha. There isn't much in the way of details at this point.
While I'm talking about Tenchi, have any of you guys read 101 Tenchi Facts/faqs? It was a little book that answered some background questions and dropped some hints about the Tenchi universe. A stripped down version has appeared on some of the official english releases, but it misses many of the good bits. The RPG only uses the stripped version for its background. I still have the original book and a textfile of the translation if anyone is interested. I reccomend it for any serious Tenchi fan.
I'm also wondering if anybody has found a good site for listing Tenchi goods, like art books, cds, models, etcetra. I'm trying to collect all the artbooks and I know I'm missing at least one, but have nowhere to get info on it.
Edit: For those into the dubbed voices, it looks like they couldn't get almost all of the old cast, for varying reasons, for GXP. Just a heads up.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long